test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Juggernaut Array - massive nerf - NOW unnerfed?

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
I was lucky enough to be able to buy this behemoth the day of release. To date it is as powerful as you may imagine, helluva good ship for CSV polaron builds. What surprised me was the enormous power of the array. Firing every 2 minutes, I was seeing average hits of 350K and often around 500K with a best of 707K.

What surprised me even more was the massive stealth nerf to this weapon, at least I have not seen any patch notes about it, so if someone has a link I'd be grateful. Now it's little more than a BO3 with a fancy effect, although it is somewhat AoE at least. Averaging about 100K hits now, with a best of 300K over the last week. nothing else has changed on my build so I know it's not me.

Come on Cryptic, if you TRIBBLE up and make a weapon too powerful, the least you can do is admit it and let us know when you're going to apply the nerf hammer!

Can anyone else confirm this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Cryptic does this to everything.
    1.) make ship overpowered so people buy it
    2.) 'rebalance' the ship a couple weeks later so its not overpowered

It's really disappointing how they treat their customers that way. That's why 'space barbie' is the real endgame of STO. Enjoy your visual juggernaught-ish look, because that's all you end up with.

I wish they'd nerf the very long cooldown on those 'rebalanced' ship powers. I can see 2mins for a real strong ability; but after they nerf it to near uselessness, at least let us activate it more often! :D
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    This is typical Cryptic.. introduce something powerful, make as much money as possible.. nerf item.

This despicable practice is why I won't spend actual money on any of this stuff. Usually the 'balance pass' takes it from massively powerful to completely useless. There is no in between for Cryptic.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captlzimpcaptlzimp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Respectfully, I have the Vaadwaur Miracle Worker Juggernaut and I don't think the Juggernaut Array is over powered.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    One thing I noticed a lot of times towards the last days I was using it was the blast would push enemies away but it wouldn't do any damage to them.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It wasn't nerfed, nor was anything reverted,.

Yeah, I haven't heard a word about this anywhere else, so I think I have to go along with this.
    Hey Matt, I am curious because I haven’t seen this mentioned by anyone else. Was the nerf you observed consistent over a long period of time? Could it possibly have been a bug or something?

It’s rare for Cryptic to “un-nerf” something but I certainly have no reason to doubt you. I don’t have the ship, so sadly I can’t contribute my own findings. Still, if it’s working correctly now then that is definitely good.

You went out and got the ship, you absolutely deserve to have the full advertised effectiveness.
    Well, it's possible that there was a bug that was fixed.. at least it sounds that way.

We don't really know though since we don't seem to get patch notes anymore. Either way, I am glad it's working again, hopefully it won't get 'adjusted' any further. :wink:
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It'd be very unusual to nerf a promo ship during the time that the promotion is running for.

Only alteration that springs to mind was the infinity promo coming along due to the apathetic response to the so'na ring sucker.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Cryptic does this to everything.
    1.) make ship overpowered so people buy it
    2.) 'rebalance' the ship a couple weeks later so its not overpowered

It's really disappointing how they treat their customers that way. That's why 'space barbie' is the real endgame of STO. Enjoy your visual juggernaught-ish look, because that's all you end up with.

I wish they'd nerf the very long cooldown on those 'rebalanced' ship powers. I can see 2mins for a real strong ability; but after they nerf it to near uselessness, at least let us activate it more often! :D

So you would like to buy more overpowered stuff in gambleboxes? More pay2win? I think you are experienced player, so you can recognize, when they release some overpowered stuff, which will be soon nerfed. F.e. console who can do itself more than 10k dps alone asks for it.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    So you would like to buy more overpowered stuff in gambleboxes? More pay2win?

No....I think he is saying he sees this pattern, and he won't buy into it. And he is disappointed to see Cryptic is doing this.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    using the ship myself more or less since the release and i didnt saw any difference beside the normal buffs/debuffs running or not or polaron consoles used/not used.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I would certainly like more "pay2win," instead of the ever-growing list of "options" that nobody needs for anything.
This discussion has been closed.