test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interesting Results of a Star Trek Survey

mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
Someone ran a Star Trek related poll on reddit/r/startrek, and here are the results:
https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/a8ym6a/here_are_the_results_of_my_star_trek_fandom/
aAy0kWW.jpg

TNG seems to dominate a lot, which confirms that many Star Trek fans joined the franchise via TNG.

DS9's influence isn't bad, either. Almost surprisingly, the Cardassians actually beat the Romulans in popularity. (I think that is deserved, because there was really a lot more stuff about the Cardassians overall in all the series than about the Romulans.)
Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    The Ferengi booted the Kazon. Daaaaaaaang.
    si2w6.jpg
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    So we finally have the answer to "Only question I ever thought was hard was 'Do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?'"
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    only 16.8% on TUC? absolutely disgusting​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    only 16.8% on TUC? absolutely disgusting​​

I think you have to combine that with the 52% who clicked "all of the above", shadow.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    What a boys' club 😁
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    starswordc wrote: »
    The Ferengi booted the Kazon. Daaaaaaaang.
    si2w6.jpg

Of course they did!
    I think the only favorite anything the Kazon qualify for is target practice. They might do well in a poll for "Most Annoying Species"
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    you know, i saw a series of youtube videos about a week ago detailing several sci-fi alien races too stupid to exist...funnily enough, the kazon weren't among them, but the borg made it in​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    The results of that poll might significantly change if the older Trek crowd was represented somewhat. But I guess that's okay, because the target TV audience is 25-35 year olds. However, there needed to be better representation of females, because that same target audience is 25-35 year old females. (Nielson knows who controls the remote in the family!)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @brian334 said:
    > The results of that poll might significantly change if the older Trek crowd was represented somewhat. But I guess that's okay, because the target TV audience is 25-35 year olds. However, there needed to be better representation of females, because that same target audience is 25-35 year old females. (Nielson knows who controls the remote in the family!)

Remote ?!? Streaming all the way.