test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online is teaming up with Loot Crate!

124»

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Honestly why not ask for a full refund if it's that long?
    That's an insane length of delay for something that's meant to be what, monthly?
    No way i'd ever put money towards a company with that sort of bs business practice.

Partially to see what is in the crate since all Unbox videos of the previous crate didn't go into detail about what the STO code was about. Also, partially to actually have some Star Trek swag.
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Unless the crate involves ships from either the LOBI store or ships not available ANYWHERE ELSE INCLUDING THE GOLDEN Ferengi ship, I won't bother. right now there isn't enough information on whether I should spend my money or not.

I've subscribed to Loot Crate and Nerd Block previously for varying periods of time. For adults virtually all of the items in those boxes is geared towards children, or perpetually juvenile adults. The idea is neat and all, but seriously, most of the "loot" went to my grandchildren. I did like the t-shirts and occasional item, like books for instance.

Cryptic is bound to understand the appeal of exclusive codes for Star Trek Online, but ......... is that worth committing to something like this and then receive a code for mundane gear that you may already have?

Not a chance. More info is definitely going to be a must here!

The items for the Wolf 359 Mission Crate looked far better than Loot Crate's standard fare. The next crate will include a Worf figurine and apparently a Defiant ship model similar to the Locutus figurine and Enterprise-D ship model from the previous one.

QMx_ST_MiniMasters_Worf-05_1756x988_6e69a6e7-6ceb-412f-a349-53a06e0f6051.jpg

The Worf Mini Master and Locutus Mini Master are available from the QMx store for $25, but it looks like the Worf Mini Master just was released on the store recently since Google Image says that the images for it are only a day old.
    Three of the items from the Wolf 359 Mission Crate are in the Quantum Mechanix store. So you could get the Locutus Figurine ($24.95), Enterprise-D ship model ($19.95), and Discovery Badge ($14.95) for $59.85 plus shipping and handling. Even the Section 31 badge is available. The only things missing are the shirt, decal, Federation Starter Pack for STO, and the box. Shouldn't be too hard to get the shirt and decal if someone wanted to recreate the Wolf 359 Loot Crate.
    I might have just encountered another item for the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate from Quantum Mechanix, the Klingon Emblem Badge for $14.95 on the Quantum Mechanix store.

QMx_ST_Klingon_Badge_988x988_01_medium.jpg
  • naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I just checked on Loot Crate (since they never send any info about the Way of the Warrior box).
    And according to their shipping status the Box has been dispatched and is on the way to the UK at the moment (shows status as Data Received Shipment in Transit on 08/08/18)

Edit.
    Meant to say it was on it's way to the UK, not in the UK.
    Post edited by naryan#9475 on
    Just got an Email from LootCrate saying that the crate has now been dispatched.
    Only had to wait 7 months for it to get to the shipped status (will be 7 months on 17/08/18)
    Just got an Email from LootCrate saying that the crate has now been dispatched.
    Only had to wait 7 months for it to get to the shipped status (will be 7 months on 17/08/18)

Lets hope that it is not that long for the next one. The fact that the deadline for the Wolf 359 Mission Crate was 2 days before the dev blog on January 17 just shows that someone messed up.
    According to a person on Reddit this is what the STO code from the Way of the Warrior crate gives you.

These 2 are account wide unlocks.
    Tier 1 B'Rotlh Bird of Prey (Standard version. The C-Store Ship.)
    Emote Unlock - Evil Plans (Looking around in a slightly paranoid way while rubbing hands together.)

The following rewards unlock ONLY for the character who claims the unlock:
    12 Inventory Slots
    12 Bank Slots
    1 Borg Klingon Bridge Officer (Engineering. Does NOT stack with C-Store/Amazon Pre-Order Borg Bridge Officer. Does not provide any surprise bonuses to Romulans like the Humble Bundle code.)
    13 Mk II Very Rare Space Gear
    7 Mark II Very Rare Ground Gear
    150,000 XP Bonus Pool
    Details about the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate are out. All items with prices are available from the Quantum Mechanix store.

The Good
    • Worf Mini Master Figure ($24.95)
    • Star Trek Klingon Emblem Badge ($14.95)

The Bad
    • No Ship
    • No Shirt
    • Box lousy compared to Wolf 359 Mission Crate

The Meh
    • Klingon Empire Emblem socks
    • Star Trek Discovery Badge Lapel Pin ($4.95)
    • Klingon Empire Emblem Decal

QMx_ST_Discovery_Lapel_Pin-01_1756x988_b6134b1d-6536-4afd-b467-d49dfa63d098_medium.jpg?v=1506105499

The Awesome ($9.95)
    Star Trek Mirror Universe Tribble

QMx_STR_Mirror_Universe_Tribble-01_1756x988_7949b73d-95c2-4f94-87c7-50bca4f3d921_medium.jpg?v=1503532398

The Awesome almost makes up for the lack of a ship or is far better than a ship depending on your preferences. The only problem with the box is that Loot Crate released an awesome Galileo Shuttle box for their first Mission Crate. If the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate box was used for the Wolf 359 Mission Crate, then it would not be a problem. The Wolf 359 Mission Crate was a better deal since items from Quantum Mechanics is worth $5 more and it included a shirt instead of lousy socks.
    edited August 2018
    Socks.... :cry:
    Mirror Universe Tribble. :smiley:
    Socks.... :cry:
    Mirror Universe Tribble. :smiley:

Maybe the next two crates will include underwear and pants. Although, socks and mugs seem to be Loot Crate's filler item for when they can't think of a decent item.
    edited August 2018
    mattachine wrote: »
    All I really wanted was the Disco emote. And it's not even in the box. I'm happy I canceled my order.

Apparently, the Disco emote is available for the Loot Crate version of the Federation Starter Pack, the Organian Greeting emote is available for the Loot Crate version of the Romulan Starter Pack, and the Evil Plans emote is available for the Loot Crate version of the Klingon Starter Pack.

The Romulan Starter Pack was granted to people who preordered the first Mission Crate before November 2017 and the Federation Starter Pack was in the Wolf 359 Mission Crate that seemed to not be available for any of us that bought it on January 17 or later.

The Dark Frontier Mission Crate (#3) is likely to have the Disco emote since the Federation Starter Pack fits that Mission Crate better than the other Starter Packs. So if the Dark Frontier Mission Crate has the Federation Starter Pack, then you can buy it off of Ebay or watch one of those Mission Crate Unboxing videos since most of them either display the code on the video or give it to the first person who asks the Youtuber in a private message. After all, most people that buy the Mission Crate will not use the STO code.

I doubt there would be any Loot Crate version of a Jem'Hadar Starter Pack since Starter Packs are always 1 Tier 1 C-Store Ship and a bunch of Mk II equipment. So there is likely only 3 exclusive Loot Crate emotes with a Tier 1 Constitution, Tier 1 B'Rotlh Bird of Prey, and a Tier 1 T'varo Light Warbird for the account and a Human/Klingon/Reman Bridge Officer, 12 additional inventory slots, and 12 additional bank slots for one character.

If there are any must have items that someone wants, then you can buy them straight from the online store or ebay. The Shipping and Handling costs can get expensive, but the Quantum Mechanix store has free shipping for any order over $100 and within the States. The only items not included in the Quantum Mechanix store is the shirt and decal from the Wolf 359 crate and the socks and decal from the Way of the Warrior Mission Crate.
    Finally got an update to the Dark Frontier Mission Crate.
    On behalf of Loot Crate, Quantum Mechanix, and CBS Consumer Products we wanted to take a moment to thank you for your subscription to the Star Trek Mission Crate and also give you an update on the subscription line. We know the experience on this subscription has not been up to yours or our expectations and we apologize for that and any frustration it may have caused. We are working diligently to ship the next crate and provide you with the amazing items and experiences you have come to expect from us.

The "Dark Frontier" crate is currently in production and is scheduled to ship at the end of November. We are currently anticipating all crates to be shipped at that time but will send another update in early November confirming or updating you with any additional information we have at that time.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing all of these fantastic items make their way to you.

So it looks like there might only be 3 Mission Crates this year. Two if we only count the ones that were available for people that relied on the dev blog to learn about it.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    In hindsight I'm glad I decided avoided this turmoil. It sure did sound promising & fun. I hope those that trusted & participated in it are enjoying though.
    It is mostly good Star Trek Swag, but the delays are certainly annoying. The only lousy item so far was the socks. A shirt with the Klingon Empire symbol would have been far better. Also, all the really good Star Trek Swag is available from the Quantum Mechanix Store or Ebay. So if you find some item that you want, then there is no need to get the Mission Crate.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    It is mostly good Star Trek Swag, but the delays are certainly annoying. The only lousy item so far was the socks. A shirt with the Klingon Empire symbol would have been far better. Also, all the really good Star Trek Swag is available from the Quantum Mechanix Store or Ebay. So if you find some item that you want, then there is no need to get the Mission Crate.

Good to hear, socks sound okay to me, & good to know about that Quantum Mechanix site too, thanks.
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »

Good to hear, socks sound okay to me, & good to know about that Quantum Mechanix site too, thanks.

The Shipping and Handling prices are extremely annoying especially if you live outside the United States. They do have an offer of free Shipping and Handling for any order over $100 and within the United States only.

Just checked on Loot Crate and the May 2018 now has shipping info dated 22nd December.
    So I should get that sometime soon in Jan 2019.... Thanks Loot Crate. *cough*

Of course no email from Loot Crate telling me this info (as per usual, since they do not care about their customers)
This discussion has been closed.