test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tzenkethi Red Alert Weekend!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
The Tzenkethi go to war on all platforms this weekend. Go to Red Alert!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11019783-the-tzenkethi-go-to-war!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Better than doing the Tholian Red Alert for getting space XP to earn the T6 ship traits! :)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    Better than doing the Tholian Red Alert for getting space XP to earn the T6 ship traits! :)

If that is the case it would have been better timing to have it just after everyone gets the winter ship.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Its so sad they are going after billions of innocent people again. Hopefully they are stopped.
  • r4plezr4plez Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Cryptic your RA's are now pointless and meaningless, so you will loose even more players. I wont be fraking playing this RA every 3 min because you made it without cooldown - i want to play RA once in a while and feel that this has a point, by getting daily marks
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    This has to be the most useless que there ever was. Most of the time it is a total loss that you get nothing for whatsoever. Complete waste of time.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    I MISS THE OLD RED ALERT SYSTEM.
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    This is one of my favorite events. Really fun to play. Too bad it's so rare to see these days.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,981 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    It's so sad that we're only getting paid a measly 35 marks for this, making it basically pointless. There's a REASON this used to pay more than the baseline 65 marks for Borg/Tholian, and that's because it's pretty much an STF-lite, with failure conditions to boot.
    Yes, this weekend's red alert may not have been the best choice for a no cool down no daily bonus event as it does have a hard fail, does require some coordination and the TZE hit a little harder for a partially developed toon. You hit the nail on the head - there was a reason it used to payout more than the old baseline.

It is nice to see people are enjoying it though, but they really should have saved this one for one of the less frequent red alert events that does include at least the daily bonus.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

If we had RA's every weekend instead of once every 2-3 weekends, they might garner some more interest from me. Or put them back the way they were, playable all day everyday with a 30 minute cooldown, rewarding only 10 marks plus the 55 daily mark bonus. As they are now, they aren't even on my radar anymore, they may as well not even exist. :(
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

If we had RA's every weekend instead of once every 2-3 weekends, they might garner some more interest from me. Or put them back the way they were, playable all day everyday with a 30 minute cooldown, rewarding only 10 marks plus the 55 daily mark bonus. As they are now, they aren't even on my radar anymore, they may as well not even exist. :(

Yeah they killed them - which was the goal. It's a shame because I did enjoy the tholians - especially taking them on with only 2 or 3 people. the red alerts and exploration clusters were my two favorite activities (outside of Q and Risa). But I will soldier on without them.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

soldier on
    Exactly. It's double xp weekend as well, so already banged some starship traits out on alts really quick, and am enjoying the extra xp earned.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd argue that the lack of cooldown actually makes it better. It means that IF an instance fails you can go back and try again rather than wait thirty minutes.
    I belong to altaholics anonymous so there never really are any cool downs :smile:
This discussion has been closed.