test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rep Armor being Used in Competitive Race

powskierpowskier Member Posts: 67 Arc User
so ..there's an armor apparently,players are being hush hush about ,STO... that they use in the race

it is super fast -cheatin' fast-just hand it out to all the players or Nerf it already

telltale sign>green trail behind the player racing>they take off like a rocketship

FIX it STO >race is totally unfair w that goin' on
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    So, if you know what armor it is......get one for yourself!!!
    And go compete!! Fight fire, with fire.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i can beat those armor users with levl 10 toon so no need to nerf !! just watch some tutorial videos. personally i think the delta set is better then the undine one (green trail)
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    don't worry I shall teach this secret armor... there isn't one, no rep armor behaves in this manner, two rep armors give run speed boost, the duelist armor from the Competitive Wargames Reputation gives you a boost if you take dmg while under 50% health not really usable in the race. and the exo-armor from the 8472 Counter-Command reputation, which boost after a roll, useful if you use rolls to stop sliding but doesn't help the start.

the fast start would come from Forward March from the command spec, only needs one pont. Close Quarters Combatant trait from terran rep, Physical Conditioning from delta both tier 1, I think at least one of the basic ground traits everyone gets has a run speed bonus. oh and Frosted Boots, granted with all this it take a lot of skill or luck to not run right off the track and lag would really ruin your day.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I beat the green glow once, but yeah, that Undine armor usually tells me I'm coming in second at best. It's good for the race because it gives a speed boost after a roll, and rolling is a nice way to keep from sliding on the ice, so it's a 2-fer. If you have that armor, the 2 speed boosts from Rep traits, a +Run gun equipped, and you know the course, then you'll be in competition with the other people who have these things, or else you'll just win.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    The armor you're referring to is the Counter-Command Exo-Armor from the 8472 Counter Command rep. for 3 seconds after you perform a roll on the ground it grants 25% dodge, 50% avoidance, and 25% runspeed. The item is designed to grant this bonus and as such the armor is working as intended. This is simply creative use of available traits and bonuses and is no way unfair or cheating. It's no more cheating than using frosted boots to get around faster in the Dyson Ground Battlezone or having a stupid fast board in the summer event.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is PvP. Gear up!!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    the delta speedster is slightly faster than the undine roll if they can do a quick hop to stop and change direction.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I thought they once said they disabled these traits from working in the WW?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I thought they once said they disabled these traits from working in the WW?

Probably technical issues.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Is this all being done to grow Epohhs so that you can turn them in for Marks?

No thanks!!

I'll make Marks the old fashioned way, I'll earn it. ;)

https://youtu.be/yAMRXqQXemU
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    oh, and to add on to everything said above...jem'hadar have an additional advantage, since ketracel doping confers a VERY large speed boost​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captlzimpcaptlzimp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have noticed that the Caitians have not asserted their dominance in the race this year. With their innate Jump ability they used to leap over the course corners and rock obstacles saving precious seconds. With a few hops here and there I think they are still the best species option for the race.
This discussion has been closed.