test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What did a Star Trek Online Liftetime Subscription cost when it was first created?

wdwormack214wdwormack214 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
When Star Trek Online first came out, you had to buy a monthly subscription. Which you would pay for with a credit (debit) card. Now at some point after the whole thing was well under way, the powers-that-be, introduced the lifetime subscription option.

Now, I wasn't a 'avid' Star Trek Online participant, when the program was originally launched. But I have 'dabbled' in it since 2012. I knew the lifetime subscription was available but, at the time, I didn't have a personal computer, that could handle the somewhat strenuous demands of a program like Star Trek Online.

Please excuse me for my incessant rambling I realize that it's a particularly annoying trait in us old geezers, you understand. (I just turned 63, last month). I just want to know what was the ORIGINAL COST of the Star Trek Online lifetime subscription, when it was first introduced?

I just would like to know.

Comments

• roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    My memory is a little fuzzy on that but if i remember right it was around $300
    To be or not to be: B)
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    The regular LTS cost hasn't changed since it was first introduced.
    Occasionally, Cryptic offers about a 1/3 discount on the LTS.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The game launched with LTS and it was $299, and if I remember right, was actually available while the game was still in Beta.

Also, as has been said, it does go on sale from time to time for $199.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    The game launched with LTS and it was $299, and if I remember right, was actually available while the game was still in Beta.

Also, as has been said, it does go on sale from time to time for $199.

People who bought the LTS pre-launch and those that pre-ordered the game, got a 2 week head start in FEB of 2010. My main is a joined Trill "child" of that era. I'm thinking 250-299 for the cost, so you're probably right on the 299 mark.

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Price has always been $299 ($199 when on sale). I sold an old junker car for $300, and used that to buy a LTS when STO started.
  • ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    I think it was close to R2500 or ~$300 at the time.
    Seemed like a good deal. I'd recently come off World of Warcraft having spent way more and clearly STO would be even better than that! Or at least good.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I think it was close to R2500 or ~$300 at the time.
    Seemed like a good deal. I'd recently come off World of Warcraft having spent way more and clearly STO would be even better than that! Or at least good.

Yup you're gonna spend, at minimum, $156 a year just on a WoW subscription. So $200 for a LTS (when on sale) isn't bad. But honestly, you're probably better off using that $200 on getting Zen. Unless you go alt toon crazy, then the extra bank/inventory slots and etc from LTS, do start to multiply in value.