test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which space ques do NOT give ship xp

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
I hate doing ques that do not give ship xp. game design/put out a que with tons of enemy ships but hey... no ship xp for ya. why not? cause these ships are weakened? why not make em normal ships strength and cut back on the ships. it'll be more realistic... not like any organization have unlimited cap ships to zerg.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You can pretty much expect anything with respawning enemies to not give XP.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    as far as I know there are no queued missions that do not give Mastery XP none I could be wrong but that's my understanding the only times you will run across a mission that does not give ship Mastery XP is certain story missions where the enemies endlessly respawn because they're not your objective

There are segments of queued TFOs that DO NOT give Mastery XP for killing ships because as you said - killing those ships is not the main objective for that part of the mission.

"Gateway To Grethor" is one example as in the final phase where your objective is to take out the Iconian Dreadnought; you get NO EXP whatsoever for destroying the Iconian ships 'defending/assisting' said Dreadnought.

There are multiple TFOs like that.
    Post edited by crypticarmsman on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Another example is Counterpoint.
    At the moment rule of thumb is if there are infinitely spawning enemies then it provides 0 Ship XP.

Infected gives ship XP, but the probes from the gates in Kitomer do not.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The disco starbase one gives no mastery xp.

Basically a lot of the regulars that are spat out by the TFO randomiser won't do anything to help you level your ship.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    ADV Starbase One actually gives quite a bit of ship mastery XP. From what I’ve seen, and I keep playing the same few FTOs via RFTO, it’s the only one that gives ship mastery XP.
This discussion has been closed.