test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you miss the most from the 8 years of Star Trek Online

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    What do I miss most after 8 years of STO?

- Being able to log in here to read some intelligent discussions about playing Star Trek Online in a better or different way.
    - Not having to wade through endless threads about how much people hate this that or the other part of Star Trek.
    - Not having to wade through endless threads about how much people want this that or the other part of STO back.
    - Actually having a Dev or Community Manager post something new about STO here first. Without getting beat up for it.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The nebulae Exploration missions. Yes, I know they weren't the best, but they were something. :smirk:
    Some of the ground maps were great. But the scenery was the best part.
    Also, the way the Mission Journal was set up before this recent change. I'm not terribly fond of the change. :unamused:
    My problem is not the reorganization but the fact that mission unlocks got reset/broken. Several of my characters basically have no missions show up for play now. :/
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Well that maybe will bring hope they will update the Klingon storyline missions.
    They have stated several times in the last 2 years that they really want to redo the KDF missions, citing the Fek'Ihri and Warzone arcs specifically, but that's always been something that they haven't had time for due to everything else.
    of course they do-they need to update them so that Orion Captains can be the central characters, duh...
    FTFY, You misspelled Orion. :p
    I miss.. the C-store being for 'cosmetic items only'
    When was that? season 1? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    -City on the Edge of Never + Past Imperfect = merged into one mission(something Cryptic themselves have said is likely to happen)
    Also in the old days you could ACCIDENTALLY start Past Imperfect while inside City on the Edge of Never. It was as simple as walking into the Guardian after you'd finished the mission. Even if you didn't have Past in your active missions it would get added and you'd automatically start it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    If they made those Klingon episodes cross-faction, I might actually play them.

I know it is something some people here are never going to accept - but Klingon content is not just economically unattractive because of the perceived vicious cycle in which they don't spend man-hours or other resources on it, leading to lower quality content that is less attractive to players...

Klingon content is economically unattractive because fewer people care about Klingons than they care about being a Federation captain.

The Federation sells because 90% of the shows were focussed on what it means to be in Starfleet. What it means to be Klingon might have made up most of the other 10%. Anyway, the bottom line is that their culture, the lore and the characters had to share the stage with the Cardassians, Romulans, even with the Borg whose perspective and way of thinking we saw perhaps as often as that of the Klingons (through Seven, most notably).
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Don't ask me why I'm even repeating that point. I know it's futile.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    An "exploration" arc, it most definitely wasn't.
    Except we spend the entire arc exploring time, from the past to the future.

Then, in the very next arc, we spend basically the entire arc exploring the unexplored deep reaches of the Alpha Quadrant as we track the Tzenkethi's crusade, encountering several new civilizations, and even helping two of them reconcile.

Exploration =/= a lack of combat or a lack of a greater threat scenario. Even in the Trek shows/movies, 90% of the time when the encountered some new civilization they had to slap each other a few times before the episode ended.

Counterpoint: we don't explore sh*t. We go where we're told, when we're told, and do what we're told. that's your "exploring time". notably, in the Tzenkethi arc, the only "new" civilization we actually explore is a couple of trips to Lukari space, plus a dead planet where we explore exactly ONE temple complex. it's materially indistinguishable from "Go here, go there, do this, do that" we've already done. There's nothing to 'discover' because it's all laid out, in a railroad style, there are no hidden bits to find, not even 'easter eggs' or concealed gems, it's step-by-step-by-step. IF this were hunting, the prey would be in a cage to shoot. there aren't even hidden bits of side-quest, or cleverly concealed extras to find, everything is clearly marked and skylit with a bright ping on your map. You do more 'exploring' in the Delta quadrant patrols or Tau Dewa patrol series, than you do in all of the two storylines you cite. Instead, it's explicitly 'go here, shoot that, go there, shoot that, click 'F' in this spot to continue."

to Explore there has to be something to discover that isn't already brightly marked and loudly announced, something actually hidden, some reason not to click through the dialog boxes as fast as you can and spam spacebar.

hell, for that matter, we do more 'exploring' in that Temporal Ambassador mission, than we do in either the time-travel, OR the Tzenkethi missions-because you can actually MISS the room with the wisest tribble.

Exploration is not being led by the nose, som, it's poking around in caves and seeing what's in the dark. this was the main failing of Exploration Clusters, and it's the same failing with the bulk of the storyline missions-you're led by the nose from objective to objective, there's nothing to find.

I agree with wanting exploration and I even miss the ones we had with the scan/kill 5 items. Never thought id be saying that but it was better than we have now.
    The line to “seek out new life and new civilizations to boldly go where no man/one has gone before” is part of the entire concept of star trek.

On a purely mechanical standpoint all the majority of this game is a direction to a location to kill anything that moves and presses the f button a few times. The only saving grace is its story and some parts of that are not as captivating as I would like.

Everything is marked and directed with no chance for altering anything in the game. Just last night I was helping a player having not even passed the new Romulus set of missions. We did the tfo Defend Rh'Ihho Station and he said never ran this mission what do we do? The only answer I had was we run out and shoot everything. That mission literally is shoot everything until the timer runs out pressing the f button on occasion during this. There could be any number of hidden interactions to be found. The map is static and unusable it’s an opportunity to stick something in.

Next we did the warehouse mission we run around and click the f button over a few pop ups of text then when he said “this is boring” all I could say to him was it gets better we get to kill everyone. Again it literally is kill everyone with the exception of the ferengi and the romulan at the entrance.
    Not one place is there a hidden crate not marked on the map that exploring the area would have provided a reward for finding not even an accolade or just a different pop up window. It’s not required to be grand and overpowering to reward a player for that little extra searching. Toss out an accolade they are free last time I checked.

Or alter the mission objectives to be scan/help/kill 3 interactions then place 30 of what is required in the mission then the player can explore the options if nothing else. Toss in an accolade requiring all 30 different interactions those interested in accolades you just created 10 different runs of content. Any one not interested still have variety in playing the mission.

This ideal may not be cost effective compared to hard setting everything you do and put the mission on a rail. But at some point you half to either change it up and provide variety or make it plane you are not going to no matter what.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I miss when Trendy was our Community Manager.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I finally thought of something!!! Feature Episode Reruns that award 15 Lobi per Account per day for 30 days for doing any Episode in a Featured Arc.

Yeah, that's what I miss.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well I didn't get to do the Romulan, Kdf and Federation, First Contact Day, Republic Day and Klingon Empire day quests. Before they added the rewards those missions gave you to the phoenix pack. Those missions I think allowed you to interact with the crews of the three flag ships. Something I hope they do bring back. Ever since they replaced it with the Federation First Contact Day Event. Those missions have not been around. I hope they return them.
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    I personally miss the exploration clusters, as buggy as they were.

Same!
    I miss random exploration/missions. They would be a great addition
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well I didn't get to do the Romulan, Kdf and Federation, First Contact Day, Republic Day and Klingon Empire day quests. Before they added the rewards those missions gave you to the phoenix pack. Those missions I think allowed you to interact with the crews of the three flag ships. Something I hope they do bring back. Ever since they replaced it with the Federation First Contact Day Event. Those missions have not been around. I hope they return them.

This!

The Utopia Planitia map was great and it's a crying shame that it's fallen into disuse. In fact I've always thought it a shame that we can't choose to launch our ships from Utopia Planitia - an actual shipyard feels more appropriate than a dock for that purpose.

And who can forget the Thundercougarfalconbird:
    nPbDBQP.jpg
    kgJf3sS.jpg

I want that ship.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    I miss the sense of potential, things like the Exploration clusters, the casual-gamer friendly structure, the situation where every activity had at least some relevance, rather than the whole game being a string of 'events' coupled with a bottomless grind.

I miss active fleets, I miss the days when we had an active playerbase, when players had reason to be proud of their factions, (or thought they did), When the game was younger, less refined into servicing a comparatively tiny and hyperspecialized metric that is the result of their eight years of narrowing focus.

I miss the days when you needed to use strategy, rather than just buying upgrades, to even finish an STF. I miss the days when a suit of KHG armor was something that meant the owner could do and handle anything, both space and ground, rather than being a proclamation of proficiency at rushing through Infected Space on easy-mode repeatedly.

I miss Hourlies, which got players to try out things they might bypass, and master them.

I miss the days when Ker'rat had players going in every instance, not just the single top-level one that is populated only during the peak traffic hours.

I miss the days when a "Long wait" for FvK PvP was fifteen minutes, on a week-day-night at midnight.

I miss the days when Qo'noS had more than one instance open because it was full and active.

I miss the days when Starbase 39 sierra had a reason to exist, and I miss Task Force Omega being a thing people visited.

I miss the Foundry, which in addition to the dross, had some really well-thought-out and engaging missions that took risks the Devs won't take like branching storylines and the ability to fail.

Yup, perfect summation. +1
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    edited December 2018
    I think the Kdf Umprofiblity is an excuse there is startrek fan base for many of its speices, including Klingon's. Even seen one guy dressed up as one on an ncis episode. As well as Klingon is so popular its basically its own language and might even be one spoken in real life since its the most developed startrek language. Back in the day there was more then likely a good sized Kdf community, thing is they made decisions that killed it. Made ships with TRIBBLE traits they didn't want to buy. Giving Federation better ones at the same time. Killing faction diversity, giving Federation Kdfs exclusive stuff not giving much back to the Klingon's. Many factors led to it being unprofitable and people abandoning it.

If they play their cards right they can undo the damage do to years of neglect for all the lessor factions that are not the federation. Unprofitably was never the issue it was the bias towards that part of the startrek fanbase who were not federation fanboys and girls that drove many kdf players away and given Federation is the most known so people tend to go to what they know. What they need to do is go back and change things with Kdf ships make them a lot better even maybe better then their federation counterparts. People see this and they will be more willing to head to the Kdf faction, in order to sell the romulan faction to the playerbase they basically gave them op traits, op ships. They did a little balancing by weakening their power levels in return. To get players to buy their ships so they do know how to get players buying. If they were to make some quality of life changes to improve the kdf ships to be even better then their federation counterparts, this really wouldn't be much of an issue anymore. Maybe adding in True Klingon Science Vessels that are as good as the Federations could also help. They could easily remedy and fix the unprofitable issue.

Another issue besides faction neglect is class balance, everything is about dps, dps, dps and dps. More Dps you can do the better. With so much dps you don't even need a healer or a tank. They were going to even take away Subnuke till players made a big uproar about it. Some call this tactical bias, I tend to make Science and Engineers Ironically. People like to fast through content, better dps faster it goes. Those ships with the best dps tend to sell the most I believe. I'm not sure what is the best dps ship right but I assume the Romulan Scimitars are still the best, Along with the Vengeance since its like the Scimitar for the federation.

Faction Diversity and Class roles have been wide spread neglected for a long time. Now basically its just alliance and crossfaction mission everything with no faction Diversity at all heck even the new starfleet factions unique twenty third century discovery missions are not unique and special for their faction because all the other faction access to those missions there really is not much of a point to making a discovery captain except for the nostalgia factor of being able to play a discovery era captain. Tos at least has its own unique missions and a unique tutorial, which I can understand why they did a rehash of the federation tutorial as they didn't have time to make a unique story tutorial for them as they were most likely rushed with the discovery content. I would like to see them work to make unique discovery and tos faction missions for those factions only. To make them worth while to play.

The Diversity factor is important, I really do think they need to find ways to get back to it. Making Healing and Tanking Viable again. Making all Factions Viable for gameplay for every star trek fan and not just the federation giving all factions their unique missions for themselves that no other faction can do. Seeing them go back to faction diversity making efforts update those non federation missions. Revamping content for Romulans and Klingons. Adding Profitability to the Kdf by making their ships far more desirable. Stop making cross faction consoles. Honored dead and Spore Drive console for example with the discovery ships. Giving each faction their own unique traits. That the other faction can't have will really help as well. Maybe removing all the current lockbox cross faction consoles and lobi consoles out of the game making them valuable for their respective factions. Federation should not have honored dead and Kdf should not have Spore Drive consoles. Honored dead I think might be a very good console. Both are dirt cheap to the opposite factions and its easier to get a spore drive console for kdf and easier to get an honored dead with federation. That is the type of thing that is really killing faction diversity within the game. Even if the other faction desires each others consoles and traits. Does not mean they should always have them. Just like most of the factions should not have access to the discovery captains unique missions before they get timenaped by Daniels.

Post edited by thevampinator on
    edited December 2018
    I think the Kdf Umprofiblity is an excuse there is startrek fan base for many speices, including Klingon's. Even seen one guy dressed up as one on an ncis episode. As well as Klingon is so popular its basically its own language and might even be one spoken in real life since its the most developed startrek language. Back in the day there was more then likely a good sized Kdf community, thing is they made decisions that killed it. Made ships with TRIBBLE traits they didn't want to buy. Giving Federation better ones at the same time. Killing faction diversity, giving Federation Kdfs exclusive stuff not giving much back to the Klingon's. Many factors led to it being unprofitable and people abandoning it.

If they play their cards right they can undo the damage do to years of neglect for all the lessor factions that are not the federation. Unprofitably was never the issue it was the bias towards that part of the startrek fanbase who were not federation fanboys and girls that drove many kdf players away and given Federation is the most known so people tend to go to what they know. What they need to do is go back and change things with Kdf ships make them a lot better even maybe better then their federation counterparts. People see this and they will be more willing to head to the Kdf faction, in order to sell the romulan faction to the playerbase they basically gave them op traits, op ships. They did a little balancing by weakening their power levels in return. To get players to buy their ships so they do know how to get players buying. If they were to make some quality of life changes to improve the kdf ships to be even better then their federation counterparts, this really wouldn't be much of an issue anymore. Maybe adding in True Klingon Science Vessels that are as good as the Federations could also help. They could easily remedy and fix the unprofitable issue.

Another issue besides faction neglect is class balance, everything is about dps, dps, dps and dps. More Dps you can do the better. With so much dps you don't even need a healer or a tank. They were going to even take away Subnuke till players made a big uproar about it. Some call this tactical bias, I tend to make Science and Engineers Ironically. People like to fast through content, better dps faster it goes. Those ships with the best dps tend to sell the most I believe. I'm not sure what is the best dps ship right but I assume the Romulan Scimitars are still the best, Along with the Vengeance since its like the Scimitar for the federation.

Faction Diversity and Class roles have been wide spread neglected for a long time. It got better they started making faction three packs and making more of a storyline that included the klingons and romulan republic now basically its just alliance and crossfaction mission everything with no faction Diversity at all. Why they do is this because they have only so many developers for the game. Now they basically since victory is life have stopped making as many romulan ships by giving them their allied faction ships instead maybe to save time and money. We will see more Romulan ships of course but they won't be making as many. This was a Business decision by them when they made the Dominion faction probably. Ironically there might be more players playing romulan republic then there were before because they get the best of everything because of that decision. Because of this they might even have access to the most ships in the game.

Diversity is important, I really do think they need to find ways to get back to it. Making Dps, Healing and Tanking Viable again. Making all Factions Viable for gameplay for every star trek fan and not just the federation. Well they do have to think in mmo terms what players like in their mmos when it comes to their factions. Seeing them go back to faction diversity making efforts update those non federation missions. Revamping content for Romulans and Klingons. Adding Profitability to the Kdf by making their ships far more desirable. Stop making cross faction consoles. Like Honored dead and Spore Drive console with the discovery ships. Giving each faction their own unique traits. That the other faction can't have will really help as well. Maybe removing all the current lockbox cross faction consoles and lobi consoles out of the game making them valuable for their respective factions. Federation should not have honored dead and Kdf should not have Spore Drive consoles. Honored dead I think might be a very good console. Both are dirt cheap to the opposite factions and its easier to get a spore drive console for kdf and easier to get an honored dead with federation. That is the type of thing that is really killing faction diversity within the game. Even if the other faction desires each others consoles and traits. Does not mean they should always have them.

I think I used to believe just about most of what you wrote, but then, I started to dig into 'why' they went the direction they did.

It's very simple; Finances and Metrics, and the trend with other MMO's toward homogenizing their content and reducing the value of factions.

Cryptic has a development cycle of several months, but a release cycle of only three (at the most) months. That is, a quarterly release cycle. They have to fill a new lockbox once every three months, to generate Key revenue that pays for most of the actual content.

The tech-transfers were necessary to help drive that, as the team isn't large enough to come up with something new, while keeping it balanced and making sure it works, on a release schedule that tight.

The KDF stuff transferred via lockboxes was selected because:
    a) it works.
    b) they don't have to spend money or time developing it because of (a).

This was true all the way up to Delta Rising, when Feds got a nice selection of ship traits that were, in fact, properly tested and vetted and worked, while KDF got what was 'left over'-traits that weren't finished, and did not work. for the next lockbox, the dev team finished "Overwhelming Force" because they were going to come up short and needed a quick filler.

after the Delta Rising debacle, ( that is, the PR debacle that actions at the studio generated) and Salamiinferno's decision to add KDF and Romulan ships to subsequent releases at Tier Six (ending faction specific traits in favour of giving everyone, everything, for the same price if they're willing to pay it), they had to focus more on Lobi and Event items, but since they chose not to make faction-specific material, it's easier now.

what is NOT going to happen again, is KDF exclusive releases, because while you and I might discuss diversity in the idea of making the factions different, the drive at Cryptic is to make them more homogenous-that is, to remove differences entirely, an effort only recently blocked by the tech-devs refusing to enable general cross-faction teaming as it would break the game engine and the fix would take weeks to months instead of hours or days.

IOW the only reason you can't have your Federation toon join your Klingon fleet (or vice-versa) is Mechanical, the managing team at Cryptic would be delighted to give you that, but they physically can't.

Thus, Factions are vestigal, like your appendix, only unlike your appendix, rupturing the KDF faction has zero impact on the part of the game that the dev team actually worries about.

Well Homogenous will lead to stagnacy. As some people have mentioned. I would really like to see them add more diversity for each faction up to the a point.

They could easily do this with existing content.
    How they make each faction more unique is this.
    They take out the temporal arc, missions with denials make those optional. But required for a Tos Captain. They make the Klingon War Story Arc optional for them but make B'vat storyline and drozana storylines required for the Tos Captain as they are the temporal Agent they are the ones that have to deal with the time travel. While making those storylines optional for everyone else.
    They make more Klingon aligned missions required for kdf, and optional for everyone else. Like they have done with the republic made nimbus required but made it it optional for everyone else. The Mission with Martak being rescued just an example could be a klingon required mission but an optional one for the other factions. But regardless he becomes a major player in the other missions for the content leading up the Hurq. So he gets rescued either way.
    There is Missions where you have to go help the Romulan flag ship in the Delta quadrant then investigate a elachi base these could easily be made optional for the other factions but required for the romulan republic captain as another example. There could be two types of missions main and Optional best fit and required by certain factions to be done. While you have the option to do them yourself.

They could make discovery missions required for Discovery captains but not required for everyone else. Just a simple thing they could be able to do. Adding in uniqueness the content for each faction. For replayablity they need to have a new optional episodes tab. Disconnect them from the main storylines with mentions only if they have been done before the main missions have been completed. Then I think it will be perfect. They don't exactly have to make new missions for each faction as they already have them in the game. All they have to do is make optional the ones that are not much of a big deal to certain factions but required them for the factions where it makes the most sense. Time Displaced missions should be requirements for the Discovery faction as they are time displaced so missions involving that could be required to be done. While Normal Federation does not have too.

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think the Kdf Umprofiblity is an excuse there is startrek fan base for many speices, including Klingon's. Even seen one guy dressed up as one on an ncis episode. As well as Klingon is so popular its basically its own language and might even be one spoken in real life since its the most developed startrek language.
    But when it comes to Star Trek "dress-ups", how many more people dress up as Starfleet Officers (or Vulcans)?
    Well Homogenous will lead to stagnacy. As some people have mentioned. I would really like to see them add more diversity for each faction up to the a point.
    But does it really?

If Cryptic makes a KDF mission, there are two scenarios:
    1) People that exclusively play KDF are happy, they got a new mission.
    2) People that play both got a new mission.
    3) People that exclusively play FED got nothing. For them, the game is stagnating.
    It would look similar for a FED only mission. But Cryptic makes a faction agnostic mission? Everyone gets a new mission!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It seems people are remembering things differently.

https://youtu.be/GQxM5rJ-uiY
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    It seems people are remembering things differently.

Awesome video for the discussion
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I think the Kdf Umprofiblity is an excuse there is startrek fan base for many speices, including Klingon's. Even seen one guy dressed up as one on an ncis episode. As well as Klingon is so popular its basically its own language and might even be one spoken in real life since its the most developed startrek language.
    But when it comes to Star Trek "dress-ups", how many more people dress up as Starfleet Officers (or Vulcans)?
    But does it really?

If Cryptic makes a KDF mission, there are two scenarios:
    1) People that exclusively play KDF are happy, they got a new mission.
    2) People that play both got a new mission.
    3) People that exclusively play FED got nothing. For them, the game is stagnating.
    It would look similar for a FED only mission. But Cryptic makes a faction agnostic mission? Everyone gets a new mission!

Which is inevitably going to be formulated as a Fed mission. Witness: Quark's Lucky 7 or House of Pegh. Both missions pre-suppose you (the player) are from a non-cloak-capable faction and have to either borrow a cloaking device second-hand (Quark's Lucky 7) or have to be 'covered' by someone else's cloak (House of Pegh).
    So what? Everyone has access to both cloakable and non-cloakable ships. Why does the mission providing a cloak for everyone when one is needed make it "Fed?"

Sure, they could do extra work to add in detection to see if you're in a cloaking ship and if so say you're using that instead, but what's the point? Extra code, extra voiceovers to record, just to note some people's ships have a cloak already...not worth it IMO.
    "Cross Faction" means "Federation Mission but you can do it in simulator".

Formulating an actual "KDF mission" is too difficult and time-consuming for an unprofitable faction like KDF, with only a mere 16% of the playerbase, it would require more attention to tactics available to actual KDF players (such as using cloaking on approach as an alternative to running up screaming and naked), and would by necessity require more depth of thought into how Klingon politics (especially inter House or inter-racial Politics) work (or fail to), and that in turn is too much work for too few hands on too small a budget for too little in potential return. (never mind that it would run directly counter to the Developers' own stated desire to integrate and homogenize all the existing factions.)
    Like the "Fed missions" go to such great depts about Fed politics? I think not. But if you consider anything that resembles a normal videogame pew-pew mission "Fed" by default, then yes everything is "Fed" all right and always will be. In this game as well as all others.

Because most players don't play games like this for politics, klingon or otherwise, but to shoot things.
This discussion has been closed.