test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Lobi Store Dyson Science Destroyer... Bound to Character on Pickup?!

kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Some time ago I purchase a Dyson Science Destroyer from the Lobi store with my main character. I was not around for the 4th Anniversary, so I had never unlocked the ship. When I saw it in the shop the first time, I was surprised. I had the Lobi on hand then and was feeling adventurous, so I bought the ship to see if it was any good. I was surprised to discover that it was in fact a decent ship, and given the proper setup it could become quite the powerhouse.

So, recently, when I dusted off another character that had one of the C-Store versions of the Dyson, I got it in my head to try and find the Lobi ship for them as well to help in completing the console set. I thought I might find it on the Exchange, as practically every ship from the Lobi store can be found there. But to my dismay, I found that it was not available there. Curious, I called up the Lobi shop to see how much it was again and to see if there was a reason why it wasn’t on the exchange. To my greater dismay, I discovered that the Dyson Science Destroyer is bound to character when purchased. Not only that, it’s the only ship in the Lobi store that cannot be traded or resold.

Why? Why is the Dyson Science Destroyer bound to character on pickup? Why can it not be sold on the exchange or traded to another character? Is there an explanation for this aside from “It’s an anniversary ship?” If it’s available in the Lobi store, then it follows that it too could be sold or traded like all its Lobi ship brethren. Is it possible that we can change this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    kovabomb wrote: »
    Is there an explanation for this aside from “It’s an anniversary ship?”
    There is no other explanation. It's a one time thing that has never occurred since. I like to think of it as a failed experiment that Cryptic tried out. If they sold a ton of them, you can be sure that every exclusive event ship would have been made retroactively available this way. Phoenix packs may have never become a thing in an alternate universe.
    kovabomb wrote: »
    Is it possible that we can change this?
    Almost 5 years later? Nope.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Phoenix packs may have never become a thing in an alternate universe.

You make a good point with the Phoenix Prize Pack. One wonders if they will ever migrate the Dyson Science Destroyer over to it to join the other Anniversary ships available there. It would make more sense to have it in the Phoenix Pack than in the Lobi store where it's so out of place.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    There is no other explanation. It's a one time thing that has never occurred since. I like to think of it as a failed experiment that Cryptic tried out. If they sold a ton of them, you can be sure that every exclusive event ship would have been made retroactively available this way.
    Well, they COULDN'T sell a ton of them, because they're bound to character. At that level of pricetag, they're only affordable to people with Crosiseque levels of Lobi, who would post them on the Exchange. But since they're bound, this secondhand distribution will never happen.
    Making them unbound and open for trade would definitely have boosted their sales. Of course, the lobi price would have to be normalized at 800 along with the other T5 lobi ships. It would be interesting to see how this would have worked out.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    All event ships are BoP regardless of source.
This discussion has been closed.