test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lt. Tardigrade wants you(r characters) for Foundry introduction!

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
Greetings!

I had a crazy idea this morning and I'm keen to set something in place so I definitely continue on with it. What I want to do is create a tutorial mission for the Foundry which can be spotlighted with a general introduction into what the Foundry is and what players might expect (with additional PSA's and fun.) I'm looking at a 3-map build and through the events of the simple mission and optional dialog there are opportunities for character cameos from the Foundry community (specifically). I'm keen on making this an entry into the full system so I really don't want it to be pulling from my work exclusively.

So far I have: (list updated)
1. Lt. Tardigrade
2. Admiral Aaron
3. Fluffy

So those familiar may see where this is going. If you'd like to submit a character all you need to do is leave me some details, screenshots, and general comments on how you might like them to be used in the mission (it's something short and fun with an eye to introducing players to basic aspects of the Foundry.) With the Foundry presently down folks are free to stake their claim with a quick shout out or characters. When I get to working I will need screenshots/sliders. Optional dialog scenes (2+ people back and forth) have more room to breath, though I would have a preference for the character creator writing that dialog (it's a lot more of a process for me to do it.) I'd also ask that authors keep their submissions down to a minimum number for intended scenes, since the more we get from one person the less room there potentially is to include a wide array of community cameos. And while I want there to be side-activities per each of the three maps (similar to the Invictus social zone) I also don't want to overload the player with so much side-dialog that the mission no longer functions well as a quick intro.

Again, tone of the mission is a short, fun bit of craziness which will hopefully give the community more of an idea for what the Foundry is and what it can do. I haven't talked to anyone else about this yet (ie. Kael, Roundtable) and the project is contingent on 1. getting a tardigrade in the Foundry and 2. having a foundry so take this all as a planning phase which may be substantially modified per developments.

Thanks!
-Duncan Idaho
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    What era is the story gonna be set? I'm not against you using my current character (who is also a character in one of my WIP projects), but her backstory (well technically her species backstory) would make it rather problematic to use her in 23c missions.

EDIT:If you want include her here's some reference pics and info
    bfis0Mf.jpg
    scale reference
    lLQPmCT.jpg
    Details on the face and the top knot hairstyle used while on duty
    r7kJCZu.jpg
    Showing of her natural hair color and the fact her species do in fact have hair, the patern in the arm is just shadows and not part of the character design.

The character's name is Mirwast Jesia (the bolded part is her family name and the name she would be adressed by most people)

Her height in 192cm if you want the exact number, and she's female from a minor UFP member species called teldralians (my own invention), named after their (adopted) homeworld of Teldral in the system of the same name. The Teldralians are all rather strong telepaths and telekinetic, however they value privacy and reading someone's mind without their consent is major taboo.

As for Mirwast she's more or less typical for her species though taller then average (average female teldralians are 180 cm or so), she would be friendly towards people she considers friends but professional and somewhat reserved with people who she doesn't consider friends.

Also due the cultural taboo I mentioned she would be annoyed at betazoids, while not outright hostile, she would make her displeasure (politely but firmly) known if they tried to read her mind.

Oh and feel free to ask if you need more details or clarifications
    Post edited by spiritborn on
  • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Here is my Character Natasha.

Here are pictures if you are going to use her.
    VC974oi.jpg
    Uniform details

mSfPR4h.jpg
    Size reference

7q1k8DW.jpg
    Facial Details

Ecu7Wze.jpg
    Uniform Details 2

Sliders
    PLBbTyW.png
    5SiUX2N.png
    M3UvTdt.png
    kLOEXuq.png
    4apbDSc.png
    0pxmtGZ.png
    EbGgY6l.png
    V1jgOqB.png
    MElw5g1.png

She is 5ft 6in or 167.64 cm.

Ask me for more details and the bios.

I play foundry missions daily. (Except when it is down and on Sundays.)

I was working on my first mission when @AmbassadorKael#6946 broke it.

Post edited by messicrafter#6700 on
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    If Lt. Tardigrade wants characters then who am I to refuse. I would like to submit Amanda Atalanta for this project. Although, since you've worked with this character before (SSF cameo, Transcendence), so she could be replaced by another if you start running out of room, so that others who may not have had a cameo before can get in, or you would just prefer having a different character from me for a change. :)

(Might have to wait until the foundry is back up though if I'm going to get someone else.)

ZQUg1VK.png

Sliders:
    cUxps4S.png

Hltw4DX.png
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Well, I suppose I'll join in as well.

This is M'Hrissa H'srassk, my main character since 2013.

https://imgur.com/8W3gXel
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Well, I suppose I'll join in as well

This is M'hrissa H'srassk, my main character since 2013

m0KsWMF.jpg
    BKU28Xm.jpg

SLIDERS :
    8W3gXel.jpg
    ZbwO258.jpg
    JaJeUUi.jpg
    9AUwT3A.jpg
    czAxHma.jpg
    IkYaRth.jpg
    Post edited by ashstorm1 on
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I’ve got a character for you: Saga. She’s a Maddox-type Android (Maddox was redeemed, remember). Play “More Data Part 1—Theft of Honor,” when you can, and go through her full conversation path go get her Prime personality. The main thing to know is that her emotion chip allows her to decide whether to feel an emotion it offers rather than compelling her to feel it. So she’s usually upbeat, but she can choose to be angry, sad, or the like as she deems is warranted. She usually serves as Chief Engineer on my ship, the U.S.S. Callianera, but she’s also occasionally goes on special assignments to help with furthering Android research.

In fact, I recommend she be paired with two of the Android researchers, maybe having found remains of some trek canon android or another. Maybe they’re on the way to search for rumors of androids. So, add in Dr. Nakamura and Dr. Dena (from the same mission) as secondary (tertiary?) characters. They can just be in the background. I’ll get you pictures of the costumes when I can.

Extra: How about the future Enterprise-J Ship’s Horta Counselor? She could be a counselor or training for it, but not yet in Starfleet. She’s the purple Horta model. Remember, her words are never directly stated, like with DS9 Breen. Only the actions she uses to speak.
    Correction "Enterprise-J Horta Ship’s Counselor" (I dare not edit the actual post, because it might erase my message.)
    Also the Horta's name is never stated.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Awww... I would have loved to submit a char, but this is just meant for 'Foundry'-people, right? TT
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    Awww... I would have loved to submit a char, but this is just meant for 'Foundry'-people, right? TT

You'd have to ask Duncan to be certain, but I'm sure others are possible if they're willing, we're generally not an exclusive bunch anyway.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I did intend for this to be "from a Foundry mission" characters but I didn't specify that as a hard limit. Definitely for any kind of spoken dialog I want that to reflect a character players may interact with in another mission. I also don't feel comfortable writing for a player character (very different problem to writing a character that can be seen in an hard-set narrative and thus has an existence beyond their creator.)

That said I think it would still be fun to include player cameos as background to reflect the shared nature of the Foundry and give thanks to the people who play missions. They're part of this too. So, player character submissions are A-Okay provided the submitter actually plays the Foundry (a good bet for folks checking out this subforum but I do want cameos to be a special Foundry community thing.) They may or may not be used in dialog scenes, depending on if I think there's something fun that can be done.

From this point on, list a favorite Foundry mission or two when submitting a player character (just for verification in a Foundry community activity.) Foundry characters: name the mission(s) involved (if it's not obvious that I'll know where it's from.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    I did intend for this to be "from a Foundry mission" characters but I didn't specify that as a hard limit. Definitely for any kind of spoken dialog I want that to reflect a character players may interact with in another mission. I also don't feel comfortable writing for a player character (very different problem to writing a character that can be seen in an hard-set narrative and thus has an existence beyond their creator.)

That said I think it would still be fun to include player cameos as background to reflect the shared nature of the Foundry and give thanks to the people who play missions. They're part of this too. So, player character submissions are A-Okay provided the submitter actually plays the Foundry (a good bet for folks checking out this subforum but I do want cameos to be a special Foundry community thing.) They may or may not be used in dialog scenes, depending on if I think there's something fun that can be done.

From this point on, list a favorite Foundry mission or two when submitting a player character (just for verification in a Foundry community activity.) Foundry characters: name the mission(s) involved (if it's not obvious that I'll know where it's from.)

That's absolutely understandable and fitting of course. Thanks a lot for the clarification, Duncan. I do play foundry missions and have a few favs, but I also have to admit that I play them very rarely which is kinda sad and which is also why I think I shouldn't submit a char.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
    edited December 2018

That's absolutely understandable and fitting of course. Thanks a lot for the clarification, Duncan. I do play foundry missions and have a few favs, but I also have to admit that I play them very rarely which is kinda sad and which is also why I think I shouldn't submit a char.

Memo from Lt. Tardigrade, he orders you to submit a character under the heading of "party-time!"

(More the merrier I say and I'll have ~48 open costume slots to play with.)

Memo from Lt. Tardigrade, he orders you to submit a character under the heading of "party-time!"

(More the merrier I say and I'll have ~48 open costume slots to play with.)

Hehe... okidoki... will do so then... *>_<* ~ thanks a lot!!! <3
    q4F10XV.jpg
    Well Duncan you asked for the sliders for Mirwast so here they are.
    uUe23iT.jpg
    hSbFE1m.jpg
    o9HiT7P.jpg
    40xhX80.jpg
    AfSPn3o.jpg
    mKzfdov.jpg
    VeNmqCf.jpg
    Wbd4aSQ.jpg
    "on-duty" sliders
    mUEUSRr.jpg
    fG25297.jpg
    1Iu1WVT.jpg
    "off-duty" sliders
    p0UGQNV.jpg
    Just to show I do indeed plan to use her as character as well but it's on a project that's currently WIP

I can give you the sliders for the ceremonial uniform shown in that character pic too if you want.
    So far we've got...

Mirwast
    Natasha
    Atalanta
    Saga
    Horta officer
    M'hrissa
    Fluffy
    Admiral Aaron
    Lt. Tardigrade
    Morishita's character entry

And I think I can might be able to write a fun optional dialog scene with the player characters submitted thus far. We'll see, it might be a bit before I can get to building (considering the problems in editor) but the collaborative side we can certainly keep running in the meantime.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Please can you include this character, it's my main toon but has featured in a foundry misson.

Loreck Avery:
    latest?cb=20180316144736
    Head - Human 1
    Skin - A3
    Base Complexion -Standard 01
    Eyes - A2, A4
    Eyebrows- Standard, B23
    Hair - Close 06, B23
    Height- 1.83m (5’12”)

Uniform Specifications:
    107px-Odyssey_Commanding_Officer_Service.png?version=1fd3ee0522b2f923915c734273f5757e

https://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Odyssey_Commanding_Officer_Service.png

Brief Bio:
    AoY character (born in London in the 23rd century and traveled to the 25th)
    captain of the yorktown-class USS Marvel (NCC-97180)

Post edited by marty123#3757 on
    So far we've got...

Mirwast
    Natasha
    Atalanta
    Saga
    Horta officer
    M'hrissa
    Fluffy
    Admiral Aaron
    Lt. Tardigrade
    Morishita's character entry

And I think I can might be able to write a fun optional dialog scene with the player characters submitted thus far. We'll see, it might be a bit before I can get to building (considering the problems in editor) but the collaborative side we can certainly keep running in the meantime.

If you need help at writing Mirwast let me know, I'm happy to help out if needed.