test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would you serve under if you could?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Ten Forward
So who would you serve out of all the options? I added the Main Federation Captains, Klingon Captains and the Romulan Commander from Nemesis. Was going to add Sela and Saru but can't have more then ten poll options unfortunately so I had to leave them out.

Who would you serve under if you could? 71 votes

Archer
16%
saedeithbendaleklexusk19peterconnorfirstclaudiusdkthay8472crm14916orcandentm706foxman00marty123#3757fandango#7132 12 votes
Janeway
5%
zedbrightlander1azeda1leemwatsontommyaoi#5961 4 votes
Kirk
12%
baddmoonrizinhippiejonkhan5000zanibarjamieblanchardshrimphead2015cpr#5779discojerjason#1831 9 votes
Lorca
4%
seaofsorrowstheraven2378risian6#1997 3 votes
Picard
26%
mattjohnsonvadracounguisquesteriussheldonlcooperjoeykoricjcsteelepwstolemynamemethos71kiralynjake477fred26291#2759katanahiryutyler002mirrorterranjohnchrightonsthe91jade1280startrekfan101#5945flopkes#5928 19 votes
Kor
4%
nightkenbrian334tvalavulcan 3 votes
Sisko
23%
coldnapalmgaraks31szerontzurartan42ryan218anazondarelicthiefr24681012liantheliagalattlazarus51166starswordclordrezeonanubis0sarvourmajorcharvenakmessicrafter#6700jozen#9312 17 votes
T'kuvma
1%
salazarraze 1 vote
L'rell
1%
duncanidaho11 1 vote
Donatra
2%
markhawkmanvalarauko43 2 votes

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Archer
    Archer because he's the person who I would get along with best. Less robotic than pretty much any of the other captains.

Was thinking Kurt originally but then realized I'd probably end up in a red shirt and that's a deal breaker.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Picard
    There's more than one option?

I'm surprised Jonathan "Duchess" Archer got a vote before Kirk or Sisko...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Why not make 3 separate polls for Starfleet, Romulans, and KDF? This way you can fill each side w/ multiple choices. As it is, 3/5 of the choices are Starfleet, 3/10 are for Klingons, and 1/10 is Romulan.

Kang/Kor/Chang/Martok/Koloth/L'rell/T'kuvma.
    Kirk/Janeway/Sisko/Lorca/Picard/Archer/Pike
    Donatra/Sela/Hakeev/Nero/Shinzon/Neral/Jarok

Keep the numbers at like 7-8 tops per side, and equal.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Archer
    Archer, more realistic... learning everything for the first time...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Lorca
    Lorca.. he gets #$%^ done.

Janeway would be cool too.. or Riker if he was available as an option.

I like captains that don't take peoples B.S. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Archer
    lol Sea. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Picard
    Lorca is an evil xenophobe that would kill you in a heartbeat if it benefitted him, Janeway's own actress thinks she has some kind of mental health problems and Riker was outsmarted by the Pakled (not that the rest of the Enterprise crew were any better, except Troi and Worf).

Not the most promising options...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Kirk
    Kirk...sure I many die but then again you’re serving on a ship that put the Enterprise on the map
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Archer
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Lorca is an evil xenophobe that would kill you in a heartbeat if it benefitted him

Yea but the poll says Lorca not Mirror Lorca. :p
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Sisko
    I went with Sisko.

I'm more engineering minded; would get a chance to work with/learn from/get drunk after work with Miles, interact with a wide variety of alien tech, and less likely to get tied down to a singular ship. Plus, maybe it's just me, but being able cruise around in Runabouts just seems super comfy.

As far as the Captain himself, he seems like the most family minded/one that will have your back in a tough situation. A little strict/arbitrary, but creative solutions and independent agency/initiative seem like the MO - which is how I like it.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Archer
    Would either go with Archer, Janeway, or Kor...
    Kinda feel like we are missing Martok as an option.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Sisko
    Sisko for sure, great Captain who isn't afraid to bend (break) the rules to get what needs to be done done...plus DS9 would sure be a interesting place to work and live.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Archer
    So who would you serve out of all the options? I added the Main Federation Captains, Klingon Captains and the Romulan Commander from Nemesis. Was going to add Sela and Saru but can't have more then ten poll options unfortunately so I had to leave them out.

Archer.

He seems the most human and caring. Picard would be my second choice. Then Lorca... Cause he was effing cool.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Martok, because he knows how to party. You can't even have a party without part of Martok in there...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Lorca
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Lorca.. he gets #$%^ done.
    >
    > Janeway would be cool too.. or Riker if he was available as an option.
    >
    > I like captains that don't take peoples B.S. :smiley:

And you didn't pick Sisko?!?

Sisko would be a solid pick. The other advantage of Lorca is that he'll eventually get himself killed and then I can just slide right into the big chair. :smiley:

Honestly though, I would take anyone but Picard. Too soft.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Some of these options seem odd to me - Donatra? We hardly saw her in command at all - might as well have "Token female Romulan commander" since Romulans seemed to have a lot of females in charge, going back to TOS. Tomolak would have made more sense.

I would have expected to see Riker on this list. He is a captain now. Or Spock? Kurn or Gowron? How about some other randoms like Captain Braxton or Commodore Decker? Captain Jelico anyone?

For me, I would serve under Kirk. He is the kind of guy you would want to drink a beer with, unlike that pretentious weakling Picard who doesn't even know how to start a campfire (Darmok).
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Janeway
    Well, I prefer to be my own Captain of my own ship, just as we are here in STO, but beyond that, Janeway Boldly went the farthest, so Janeway.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    The officer appointed over me, just like the oath says.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    T'kuvma
    Despite the fundamentally flawed and skewed poll, it was quite easy for me to decide that T'Kuvma is the obvious choice. He gave the most epic speech in Star Trek history while exposing the Federation for being the homogenizing menace that it is. If not for the typical network TV trash level deus ex machina ending to the season, the Klingons would have destroyed the Federation once and for all. Thanks to the inspiration by the visionary T'Kuvma.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Picard
    I think there was a survey related to this and your chances of surviving were best under Picard. ;)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Jadzia Dax 😏

Wait, what kind of service are we talking about?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Kirk
    Kirk, though mostly for the era. The swinging 2360s, free love, miniskirts, none of the aliens have things glued to their forehead.
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Picard
    It has to be Picard for me. To serve under some one you have to trust their judgment, and picards judgment and conscience set the standards to which I aspire when I was a kid, so it has to be him.

I don't have enough respect for Janeway to serve under her. To be fair I don't have much respect for Kirk either, but he at least had charisma, something Janeway didn't.

Archer was cool, but I just couldn't join starfleet in his time period. Too many unknown and scary things out there in the void.

Sisko was awesome, very charismatic and righteous, but I am not cutout to be his subordinate. I am too soft by far, if I were to to join star fleet I would need the cushy comforts of the Enterprise D. So my captain simply has to be Picard.

• flopkes#5928 flopkes Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Picard
    Interesting poll!

Reflecting on the choices at hand, I chose Picard, because to me he represents the diversity of Star Trek with exploration, science and military. Picard has to deal with a ship full of families and civilians, while commanding his officers, and taking life and death decisions.

My second choice would be the infamous captain Lorca, because his skills are impressive. Mind you, he managed to pose as a convincing Starfleet captain when he is the opposite of what Starfleet represents. He is ruthless, self driven, and yet knows how to get things done in time of war. His thirst for power ultimately destroyed him, but as long as he was acting as a Starfleet captain, he was the right man for the right job.

I must say that I’m quite curious to meet Prime Lorca. Will he be as interesting a character as mirror Lorca? I wonder...
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Kirk
    discojer wrote: »
    Kirk, though mostly for the era. The swinging 2360s, free love, miniskirts, none of the aliens have things glued to their forehead.

Don't you mean 2260s? Though yeah, I choose Kirk for similar reasons. I have a soft spot for mid-century retro sci-fi in general, so I tend to gravitate to all things TOS.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Sisko
    Sisko. Prime Kirk is a close second, Kelvin Kirk in third following him finally starting to act like an officer worthy of his commission in Beyond. As for the rest:

— Picard takes stupid risks with the lives of his crew and blames it on the other side when they deign to take advantage. Protip: raising shields is a PRECAUTION, not a THREAT.
    — Archer is an incompetent xenophobe who got his position by nepotism.
    — Janeway is a xenophobic, treasonous psychopath and murderer.
    — I actually liked Lorca back when he was just a Machivellian pragmatist instead of a Trump expy from the mirror universe.
    — Kor is a classist glory hound.
    —T'Kuvma is a religious zealot. Those tend not to make good commanders for those under them.
    — L'Rell is a psychotic rapist.
    — Donatra doesn't have enough screen time to form an opinion about her attributes as a commander.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/