test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want a mission to finish Slamek off, or at least torture him. Or something bad happening to him.

So I played coliseum again for my discovery toon. and now I remembered something I'd love the devs to toss in as a nod to the mess that mission puts us through: I want to kill slamek. Preferably in a way befitting his betrayal of us as players and of the republic as a whole. I want to see his story brought to a close and not in the way of the peacenicks. I want to see him dead or at least being eternally tortured. Hakeev is dead, but im sure slimek is still the lapdog to hakeev's replacement. The mission forces us to treat his injuries, listen to his moaning, and leave him alive after his betrayal. I want a mission to strap him onto an upright slab and yell at him about how many lights there are. "I DONT CARE HOW MANY LIGHTS THERE ARE JUST COOK UNDER THEM U TRAITOR!!!!" leave him an empty shell of a person, then kill him. I'd be happy with that. He doesn't deserve to live.

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Your urge to kill someone is disgusting, this is Star Trek and it has always shown us that the Federation looks after and treats people, even when it's their enemies... You should get help, the things you write seem like the things that could stem from an unstable mind...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If he had been talking about a real person and not a fictional character you might have had a point. However since he was in fact talking about a fictional character who does not exist you do not have a point. As for the Trek, Starfleet General Order 24 allows a Starship Captain the right to unilaterally annihilate all life on a planet without even contacting Starfleet Command.

I'm pretty sure that GO24 is also only to be enacted in extreme situations, such as clear and present threat to the Federation. For example I can see Vega Colony post assimilation getting glassed. A Borg foothold in the Alpha Quadrant cannot be allowed to survive.
    But so far I don't think Starfleet's really ever had a reason to enact GO24. But it is on the books.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Incoming: Asking that something bad happen to an NPC or that an NPC should be tortured will be added to the FCT (Frequently Closed Thread Thread) in a short time. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Siamek was brainwashed just like they try to do to a Romulan PC.....it wasn't his fault. One of the high points of the Romulan campaign is slotting Hakeev personally.

Regarding General Order 24, any captain doing it can expect a Board of Inquiry when they report what they have done
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Slamek is a weak-minded slave that deserves only pity.

To seek vengeance on a puppet is to sink to it's level.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well he might have been indoctrinated forced into that role. The Tal Shiar even tried it with your romulan character. If you played through their missions. Think of it like Borg Assimilation. Now there could be a chance he did it of his own free will. But you just can't forget Tal Shiar mind enslavement techniques.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    He got the treatment.....you find him in Installation 13
    edited December 2018
    Also in real life, that type of thinking might get you on a watchlist not to mention put in prison. If you were to talk about that to someone about a real life someone. I would be careful there. Even if you wanted to commit acts of great evil. You know they won't go that route, This isn't Terran Empire Online. You can do some dark deeds with Klingon Empire Faction even executioning your crew members and prisoners. Its sad could have said they were dismissed or released but this is how the Klingon empire operates even one of the devs thinks they are a monster faction. I think Cryptic would have merged the kdf with the federation already and done away with them if it was not for the game code as the one dev who is honest about his dislike for them. This is why we don't see Klingon Empire evil anymore. Your character acts like they were federation. Besides they have moved away from factions and now its just alliance. And Alliance Everything. With this trend all three factions are basically one at this point in time. They even make this alliance the one that becomes the Galactic Union in the Future. Maybe they will add some missions that will allow us to play as our Terran counterparts. Would be an interesting break. But I don't see it happening any time soon.
    edited December 2018
    Yeah not going to risk editing more on the post above so I will mention this here. I do not think Cryptic is fond of monster play, in general or allowing the ability to play as a the villain kdf used to be just a pvp faction this was how it was when the mmo was owned by another company . Given there is only heroes faction in Champions Online and I believe they have the tendency to do one sided and also they have to go through Cbs as well. That there isn't much if any evil missions which allow you to be evil in Neverwinter online kinda supports this trend. In STO they don't allow you to shoot the frenegi that betrayed you so many times and even tried to kill you. Or allow the death of Sela. Though someone posted somewhere her voice actors son plays the game so that is a major reason why. As long as there is those that stick to the script that the federation is good for everyone!, There is a problem with Canon as well. By the Twenty Sixth Century The Klingons are Members of the Federation or one of the many alliance species maybe its left vague after all still. My guess is the empire collapsed and having no resources forced their hand. But even then there are time travelers that work to preserve the Klingon Empires History in the same way The Feds do with their faction. If they wanted to they could make the KDF More Evil and give them evil choices like executing those that double cross them. But as long as they have the set of mind of one faction ism it won't happen. They didn't even make a Villianess Dominion faction, there was two sides basically you were forced to work with Odo and be the hero. At the end of the day Dominion Joins the Alliance and its all one big happy family. Then some easy magical cure for your Jem Hadars addiction. They were happy to just free them just like that. We will only see this type of trend in the future. They won't let us side with the villains much less be the villain.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    Well, this is all very horrible. :flushed: /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.