test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SEGA Master System What Went Wrong

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
Hay Guys I wanna talk about a Video Game Console that vary Dear to me the Sega Master System. This was a Great Video Game Console from the 80s and had a Small Library of Games but that means vary little Crappy Once. So the Nerd did only two games for this system so far. So why did the Master System Fail. Nintendo and there Trump like approach to Third Party Developers that's the BIG Reason why it failed with so much Restrictions to the Third Party Vary little Games got Produced for the Console not only that The System it self was far Superior to Nintendo at the time before the Genesis Came out; but that means there still good Games to check out for this Console like the Original Wonder Boy Trilogy, Phantasy Star, Action Fighter, The Alex the Kid Series, After Burner, Much better Version of Ghostbusters a middle figure to Nintendo I bet for there unfair Rules with Third Part Games, Zillion 1 and 2 Triformation, and Many Many More. The thing the Console also had was 3D Glasses Witch I never got yet for my SMS but its a console worth Checking out hell its still being sold in South America to this Day just wish there are games being made for it.
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Uh... Nintendo and Sega were competators at the time. Back in the 32 bit era the big two were Nintendo (with the SNES) and Sega (with the Genesis). The Console Wars heated up when Playstation came on the scene and when we got up to the 64 bit consoles. Then eventually it got to Nintendo, PlayStation, and Microsoft (with the introduction of the XBox).

Sega kinda fell off the console market because they couldn't compete with the new consoles, but still made games.

While I know nothing about this Master System... I DO know that Sega actually pioneered full color handhelds with the Game Gear. The main problem with it though was that it ate batteries like candy. It wouldn't be until the Game Boy Color that we would get a more economical color option for handhelds. But still... the Game Gear was one of the first.

I think Sega's last console was actually the Saturn. Don't think it performed very well...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It was the Dreamcast not the Saturn that was the last Sega console. Nintendo seemed like it went for a more family friendly route while Sega went for more mature audiences.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Uh... Nintendo and Sega were competators at the time. Back in the 32 bit era the big two were Nintendo (with the SNES) and Sega (with the Genesis). The Console Wars heated up when Playstation came on the scene and when we got up to the 64 bit consoles. Then eventually it got to Nintendo, PlayStation, and Microsoft (with the introduction of the XBox).

Sega kinda fell off the console market because they couldn't compete with the new consoles, but still made games.

While I know nothing about this Master System... I DO know that Sega actually pioneered full color handhelds with the Game Gear. The main problem with it though was that it ate batteries like candy. It wouldn't be until the Game Boy Color that we would get a more economical color option for handhelds. But still... the Game Gear was one of the first.

I think Sega's last console was actually the Saturn. Don't think it performed very well...
    I believe Atari Lynx pioneered full colour handhelds not the Game Gear but still the Game gear was one of the first. After the Saturn was the Sega Dreamcast which form a technical point of view had impressive hardware ahead of the other consoles of the time.
    So I'm rusty on Sega systems. I grew up with Nintendo honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    So I'm rusty on Sega systems. I grew up with Nintendo honestly.

It gets confusing with the number of different consoles there are. I actually thought the Sega Master system was the first Sega system, but the first two Sega systems never left Japan and only lasted for a year. It is truly amazing how much use Sega got out of the Genesis with the Sega CD and 32x addons.
    I honestly thought the Master System was like the Super Famicom. Just a Japan only version of the Genesis.
    I honestly thought the Master System was like the Super Famicom. Just a Japan only version of the Genesis.

Had a friend when I was a kid that had one. Only games I can remember is Spy vs. Spy, Outrun, and Space Harrier. The Master System was the Sega rival to the NES just like the Genesis was the Sega rival to the Super Nintendo.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I still own an old master system
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
      The big problem with Sega why they stop making Consoles is because there was a Civil War with Sega America and Sega Japan whats why they just make software now and no longer New Consoles
      May the Shwartz Be With You
      CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      I grew up with Genesis and SNES, as well as some limited NES experience. Had no idea the Master System existed until I was an adult and went on a kick where I was emulating every retro Sonic game, at some point I discovered the Master System version of the first Sonic the Hedgehog and I was like "wtf, there was a Sega console before Genesis!?"
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png