test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update the Excalibur Class skin. <3

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
The Excalibur class was the poster boy for the game when it came out. Shes all over collectors edition I have and is a lovely design. Sadly her skin is showing her age. It would be amazing to see what Cryptic can do with this old design, bring it up to modern standards. She deserves it Cryptic! :D
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Yes, very low poly, and also, snap-together from basic shapes… also please make a new versión of the Exeter Class, its very low polly and have a lot of errors with the textures, i love that Little ship.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • trekgate0trekgate0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Yes, very low poly, and also, snap-together from basic shapes… also please make a new versión of the Exeter Class, its very low polly and have a lot of errors with the textures, i love that Little ship.

Same. Cryptic, please do both!
    Thank you!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I doubt they would do the Exeter at T6 since its likeness is very similar to the Constitution class.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Doesn't the Exeter share the "slot" with low tier Connie refit you can get. That said yeah there's a lot of ships that are starting to show their age and could use with a model/texture upgrade.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Cryptic did a remodel of their Oddy at the same time they created the T6 refits so they're not adverse to revisiting their own models however they'd be better spent remodeling the remaining canon ships and adding the missing canon ships before worrying about less popular models.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    If any ship should get a face lift it should be the Novelty Class err Novel nope I mean Novas, darn you know what ship i'm talking about the class of ship Harry Kim is Captain of the Novae or whatever :)
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Don't older ships usually get updated along with a new T6 version of them being added to the C-Store? Something that will probably never happen with the standard Cruiser because it has access to one of the Constitution skins.

A primary universe Constitution at that, none of this alternate universe TRIBBLE.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Chances with the Enterprise (*cough* 'reimagined' *cough*) on Discovery, chances are that it'll be available, with a different specialty than the T6 R&D Enterprise.

1979 is the 40th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Would be cool if the Anniversary ship this year is a T6 version of the NCC-1701 refit/NCC-1701-A. This would also be a great time to, like the OP said, to go and update the other skins/corresponding ship parts that go with this ship class.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Ain't not going to happen, they are making money by keeping the original Enterprise promo only, they will never make another one based on another show variant for free, they are more likely to update the promo ship with a skin based on it.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Would be cool if the Anniversary ship this year is a T6 version of the NCC-1701 refit/NCC-1701-A.

We already have this with the promo Temporal Light Cruiser [T6]. It has access to the all the constitution parts including the updated refit bits (which I was using up until I decided to kitbash a "modern" constitution variant. It was difficult given that some parts worked well but had severe low poly issues. Ie. Exeter's hull, pylons.)

Dv4lMvDW0AAM29g.jpg

Some time ago Cryptic updated the parts for the Defiant range. Constitution (given it's frequent usage and just how bad some of these parts are) would be a great candidate to give this a second go.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.