What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Join my Trill for money

2»

Comments

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    There is no Axanar timeline.

Technically, if every possible outcome of everything exists, then fanon is canon for 1 or more timelines. And declaring anything non-canon is silly and small-minded.

And you either missed or ignored the mention of headcanon

I forgive you.
    In my headcanon, the setting of Prelude to Axanar exists as another timeline, and FASA's take on the Four Years War exists, and each has infinite variations. I also treat SFB/SFU as existing mostly in other times, and made some characters based on ISC races.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Anyway… the Race, Gender and Profession are probably keys in the database… so no... you cannot change them without rebuilding the database…
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Hey... I got a couple characters who's origins are from alternate realities. One is actually from Arpeggio of Blue Steel, and was USS Arizona (not an actual ship/character that appeared in the Anime). Another... lets just say her world is rather... interesting. Now if only I could do two hair colors on more than just a couple hairstyles...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    The Battle of Axanar is canon, as is the hero of the battle, Garth of Isar (both are in the TOS episode Whom Gods Destroy). What the battle actually was, and with whom, is not canon, but I think the Prelude to Axanar is a fantastic extrapolation using other sources. It is more in line with existing canon than... well, a lot of Star Trek these days. STO is my favorite blending of everything, and they've done an amazing job, but I think they've got their work cut out for them now.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It was TRIBBLE, and it is most certainly not even remotely in line with canon. Again only the IP owners and no one else in the entire world decide canon.

I suppose, but that doesn't mean that canon cannot be broken by ret-cons. When what is coming out now directly contradicts what has come before, whom do we believe? Are we without history or future, only an eternal present in which the IP owner is always right?

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I suppose, but that doesn't mean that canon cannot be broken by ret-cons. When what is coming out now directly contradicts what has come before, whom do we believe? Are we without history or future, only an eternal present in which the IP owner is always right?

How many times has TOS contradicted itself? In one episode the Enterprise could travel at Warp 14, while another she can't even get halfway to that speed. In one episode the ship phasers are red, while another they are blue. Hell... there was at least one instance of a hand phaser shooting GREEN.
    While the battle itself, and Garth, are canon, the event as depicted in that moneygrab is not. Axanar was a blatant attempt to steal from the IP owners.

We do not have authority to say what is OFFICIAL canon or not. We can only dictate what we feel is our own headcanon. The IP holders have the final say on what is canon and what is not as they own the rights to the franchise. We cannot dictate what others are supposed to believe is canon based on our personal headcanon.

That is gatekeeping, and on these forums, against the rules.

Can we get off that debate now? Its kinda derailing the thread into a potential fight.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    In fairness, the time the Enterprise hit Warp 14 it was because the Kelvans had jiggered the drive (the better to cross the two million lightyears to the Andromeda Galaxy), and it was causing potentially-lethal stress on the spaceframe. Now, exactly how fast Warp 8 (the ship's top emergency speed) actually was turns out to be a variable... :wink:

In my opinion, a better example of TOS contradicting itself has to do with the effect of setting a phaser on overload. Will it cause a violent explosion ("Arena", "That Which Survives", "The Conscience of the King"), or will it simply cause the phaser to disintegrate itself and anyone holding it ("City On the Edge of Forever")?
    Post edited by jonsills on
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Star Fleet or UESPA?
    Vulcans or Vulcanians?
    Vulcan being conquered or not conquered?

Back to the topic...I wish there was a short storyline for each alien captain where something specific to the race happens...Trills get joined or unjoined, Vulcans go through Ponfarr or Kholinar...stuff like that
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
This discussion has been closed.