test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Winter Prize Voucher (2017)]x40

sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
So one of my alts has [Winter Prize Voucher (2017)]x40 sitting in their inventory. Any chance I can get them converted to the current year?
4073703.jpg
[SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
=A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Nope.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Absolutely not. What would have been the point of changing from the generic Q's Autographed Picture, which could be saved up for next year, to the yearly Voucher, if you could just change them? People would start hording them again for next year, so that they wouldn't have to participate.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    so they're totally worthless and should be tossed out? Same with that stack of Anniversary Vouchers (x280?) that I can't use?
    Even exchanging them at a loss (like 40>>10) would be better than nothing.
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    so they're totally worthless and should be tossed out? Same with that stack of Anniversary Vouchers (x280?) that I can't use?
    Even exchanging them at a loss (like 40>>10) would be better than nothing.

Why would you want 10, given that we get them in sets of 40 from the daily? 10 would just sit there, being even more useless than 40. Unless you're looking to buy the ship by throwing lobi at it. Then, 10 could mean something.

(anyway, we're at the start of the event still. There's lots of time to get all 1k tickets. Or extra 40's for your alts, if they want to exchange them for marks once you have the ship.)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    You used to be able to trade the older ones in for things, like the ship emotes, but I don't think the more recent ones work that way anymore.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I am racing alts to complete projects. Once s racer completes their projects they will be done. Anywho, I am behind as RL has prevented me from getting all alts thru daily.
    Here's hoping...
    4073703.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When they first converted over to Yearly Branded Vouchers they had a trade in where you could use old Vouchers and get Marks Packages, Dilitium Bundles, Salvaged Technology, and other goodies.

The first Seasonal Event was generous in exchange rates and I picked up a whole bunch of Salvaged Tech. For the next Season's exchange they doubled the cost for Salvaged Tech for example.

It is most likely that people will have more Anniversary Vouchers laying around that are worthless. That is because any Character other than the one running for the unlock will have, if they ran the Featured Episode, 400 Anniversary Vouchers that cannot be spent on anything. Unlike the other Seasonal Events, there are no Daily Bonus 'Project'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    When they first converted over to Yearly Branded Vouchers they had a trade in where you could use old Vouchers and get Marks Packages, Dilitium Bundles, Salvaged Technology, and other goodies.

The first Seasonal Event was generous in exchange rates and I picked up a whole bunch of Salvaged Tech. For the next Season's exchange they doubled the cost for Salvaged Tech for example.

It is most likely that people will have more Anniversary Vouchers laying around that are worthless. That is because any Character other than the one running for the unlock will have, if they ran the Featured Episode, 400 Anniversary Vouchers that cannot be spent on anything. Unlike the other Seasonal Events, there are no Daily Bonus 'Project'.

If I had a limited-time opportunity to convert these old vouchers to, say, Ornaments? Or other event currency, I woiuld do it in a heartbeat.
    4073703.jpg

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    So one of my alts has [Winter Prize Voucher (2017)]x40 sitting in their inventory. Any chance I can get them converted to the current year?
    Nope, they are straight trash, homie. Discard them as they are wasting a spot in your inventory. Unless you're one of those sick individuals that likes to keep literally EVERYTHING so you can show it to people in chat years later.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Nope, they are straight trash, homie. Discard them as they are wasting a spot in your inventory. Unless you're one of those sick individuals that likes to keep literally EVERYTHING so you can show it to people in chat years later.
    Heh, I still have the original Q pictures I collected before the nerf. :p
This discussion has been closed.