test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Battle of Procyon V needs a redo.

With random TFOs, I think a lot of the older missions need to be looked at since players will be forced to play them now, Procyon V is one of those. In theory it's not a bad mission, however I would like to have roles implemented. Currently, it's pure luck if you can close the portals or not during the last run through. Dealing with the insane number of AOE attacks makes it extremely difficult to actually get in and close the portals. If there was a limit to how many AOEs the enemy could use, then a few teammates could draw their fire, while one player just slips in and closes the portal.

Or even just have the portals close after a set time period, anything is better than PRAYING that that one Krenim frigate won't fly towards you while you're trying to close the portal :/

Comments

• ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    You are absolutely right. There is a number of TFO that need a redesign. Battle of Procyon V is one of them, but many others need to be changed like:
    - Days of doom
    - Gravity kill
    - Storming the spire
    - Assault on terok nor (ground)
    - Dranuur gauntlet

All these missions, in my opinion, are bad designed. It is also horrible that we are not receiving any answers from the devs.
    Where are you ?
    @ambassadorkael#6946
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    I agree that Gravity Kill and Days of Doom needs a bit of work, but what's wrong with Storming the Spire and Terok Nor?
    I agree that Gravity Kill and Days of Doom needs a bit of work, but what's wrong with Storming the Spire and Terok Nor?

I have several problems with Storming the spire. To start, the alliance boarding ship seems to be made of paper. If you shot the enemy turrets near them also the boarding ship explode. The Voth boarding ships, on the contrary, are quite sturdy. The first phase is also extremely long. What about putting a limit on the number of boarding party and when reached go to the second phase?
    On the second phase, the citadel ship is very hard to destroy. In general, I would say that a normal team requires twice the time to destroy it.

Terok Nor instead has 2 problems for me. The console sequence phase and the final boss. The number of consoles needs to be decreased. It's very very hard to pass that phase when you have grenades raining everywhere.
    For the boss instead, it's quite hard to keep her on the platform. It seems almost that she is avoiding them. A possible solution is to allow to fire the platforms more often (as far as I remember they have a kind of cooldown) and maybe add some more platforms around.
    I never have any trouble luring Leeta to the platform. I just turn on Aggressive Stance and she immediately turns around and starts running at me. It is hard when you're both the bait AND the trapper, but that's more on dumb teammates than bad mission design.
    ayexeyen wrote: »
    Terok Nor instead has 2 problems for me. The console sequence phase and the final boss. The number of consoles needs to be decreased. It's very very hard to pass that phase when you have grenades raining everywhere.
    No it doesn't, you're just bad at it. I have no difficulty with that section and always complete it in time for max pay. The grenades don't matter because the NPCs throw them at your current position, which means they will pretty much never hit since you are always running from one console to the next and never stop. As the console press is instant and thus has no interrupt, it doesn't really matter if you get winged by one.
    ayexeyen wrote: »
    For the boss instead, it's quite hard to keep her on the platform. It seems almost that she is avoiding them.
    Well, that makes sense, since why WOULD you step on a zappy platform, but is kind of annoying.

For the consoles:
    You do, most of the players don't. Moreover, when the random TFO was not around, Assault to Terok Nor was one of the least popular ground mission. I mean, even the experienced players were avoiding it. It tells something about it.
    For Leeta:
    it's just extremely annoying and boring. It require team coordination and nowadays it's almost impossible to obtain. It should be different, at least on advanced.
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    All of the Mirror Rep missions are characterized by very weak payouts to the point that when people complained about this specific thing, Borticus blew his stack. This was never resolved and the payouts remain weak to this day.

Wait he did? What happened? XD
    reyan01 wrote: »
    their pathetic hit-points mean that all you can really do most of the time is throw heals at them

For the most part I get what you're saying, allied ships in general need a buff. That being said you could have left out this part, like what's so bad about healing?