test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5th Tac console for the Breen Chel'Boalg?

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
Its been a few years since we got this ship but every other Destroyer T6 since then and before then has 5 Tactical consoles (Krenim Warship, Husnock, Nandi, Storr) while the Breen ship only has 4. wouldn't it be fair to replace the 4th Engineering console with a 5th Tac console
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Chel'Boalg is already a super good ship, it really doesn't need the 5th tac console; nor will asking for one actually result in one. The trade off for the Boalg is that it can take more of a beating than a lot of the other "destroyer" ships.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No.

Ships are meant to be different.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    With diminishing returns on Vulnerability Locators is there even a need for 5 of them? (Serious question, I'm not a DPS League min-maxer)
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    With diminishing returns on Vulnerability Locators is there even a need for 5 of them? (Serious question, I'm not a DPS League min-maxer)

I'm not much of mix maxer ether but I am fairly sure if 4 spire consoles or really even basic tactical consoles doesn't let you rip everything to shreds the 5th isn't going to help any.

and the 4 Engineering slots are a good place to put the breen console set for the amusement value.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I thought the diminishing returns only affected the power damage and not the crit stats.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

There are absolutely no diminishing returns when adding additional tac consoles.
    Sure, adding 5th console gives you less final value over 4 consoles than adding 4th on top of 3, but that's just basic maths.

3*37.5% = 112.5%
    4*37.5% = 150%
    An effective increase of 25% in your damage output.

5*37.5% = 187.5%
    An effective increase of 20% in your damage output (compared to having 4 consoles).

However, each console still gave you 37.5%. If they had diminishing returns, each console would give you less % (for example, 1st would be 37.5% increase, but 2nd only 35% and so on).

And while having 5 tactical consoles is the absolute optimum for doing DPS, people are usually grossly overestimating the value they have. You can do very well with just having 4 tac consoles. Hell, I'm doing very well with my Yorktown and it has only 2 tac consoles.
    On a meta setup, losing just 1 tac console would mean a loss of approx. 6% in effective damage output. And that's not considering any (albeit quite possibly smaller than 6%) gains you'd get from slotting a console into the extra eng/sci console slot. So sure, your damage output will take a small hit, but it's really insignificant.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Its been a few years since we got this ship but every other Destroyer T6 since then and before then has 5 Tactical consoles (Krenim Warship, Husnock, Nandi, Storr) while the Breen ship only has 4. wouldn't it be fair to replace the 4th Engineering console with a 5th Tac console
    Looking at the wiki it's about an even split of destroyers that either have 4 tactical consoles or 5 tactical consoles. Also there's no chance of them making a change to the ship at this point.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Dreadnoughts used to have 4 tac slots regardless of whether it was a sci dread, engi dread or tac dread. But then they started to give engi dreads and sci dreads only 3 tac slots since the ytijara, cardassian sci and jem vanguard dread.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Dreadnoughts used to have 4 tac slots regardless of whether it was a sci dread, engi dread or tac dread. But then they started to give engi dreads only 3 tac slots since the ytijara and jem vanguard dread.

The 3 tactical slot Breen Rezreth says hi. ;)
This discussion has been closed.