test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vaadwaur Juggernaut Leads an R&D Promotion!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting tomorrow, purchase and open an R&D pack on all three platforms for a chance at a rare T6 ship, including the original Constitution and the brand new Vaadwaur Juggernaut!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11014223

Comments

• starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    A Juggernaut with no pets or carrier fighters? Uhmm. Not sure about this one.pig-28.gif

But thanks for the chance of opening the other Cool ships.​​
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Honestly, I love it. A 5/3 tactically focused MW ship with a slow turn rate being the only real downside I can see from a casual glance?

Count me right in!
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I kinda like this ship… its quite interesting...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Innovation abilities, dual cannons, Miracle Worker and Intel seats? Hmmm, tempting for me.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    oh, I forgot this was a thing.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So 6 Tac consoles? And +20 to Weapon power?

Wow...

There are other ships I'd take before this one, but this wouldn't be at the bottom of the list. And I even like the color. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! Weapon Emitter Overdrive. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • artaniscreedartaniscreed Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Why do i have to be beyond broke with this Juggernaut coming out!?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Very interesting design & abilities that seem very appeasing. Truly worthy of the title "juggernaut". Then I remember the STO "gambling" required to get it so I'll probably pass. Nevertheless, seemingly very impressive ship. It pins the owner to Polaron, but after all I think that's canon.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Very interesting design & abilities that seem very appeasing. Truly worthy of the title "juggernaut". Then I remember the STO "gambling" required to get it so I'll probably pass. Nevertheless, seemingly very impressive ship. It pins the owner to Polaron, but after all I think that's canon.

i agree nice ships but i simply don't have the inclination to take a gamble on a chance of something. A direct selection at a fixed price with a guaranteed outcome is what drives my wallet. So i to will half to take a pass.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I am getting tiered of those Reputation Ships, if they would be an account unlock it would be a different story.
    Bridger.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I probably would've liked this more than my tzen-tar since the latter disappointed me greatly. I wouldn't have gotten it if I had known of the marquis raider being added later on.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Whee! All aboard the power creep train! Choo-choo!

(Love the full vaadwaur set, mechanically and thematically. Shame the business/non-account-wide model pushes it out of my interest/wallet zone.)
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Whee! All aboard the power creep train! Choo-choo!

(Love the full vaadwaur set, mechanically and thematically. Shame the business/non-account-wide model pushes it out of my interest/wallet zone.)

Considering it's something that could be 'sold'....
    The one and only time I got the R&D special ship was the Universe-Class ship (before you could have a choice of different T6 ships). Thanks to the server-wide announcement that I won the ship, two people sent /tells trying to get me to sell the ship to them (one offered 100 Keys).

There was no way that I was going to sell it, spent enough money to get the one and only ship to sell it off.

I would rather it be account-unlockable rather than be something that could be sold-off.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    You go through the trouble of putting it in a Promo pack, and it doesn't even come with the Polarized Tricobalt torpedo that instantly killed us when fighting this thing?

F this, not worth!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Of course they won't give you an "I Win" button. None of the ships we get have Insta Kill gear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Doesn't mean they can't add a more balanced version of said weapon. ;)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lol.. that trait is ridiculous.

Knowing Cryptic it will be insanely over powered.. everyone will spend tons of money to get it.. and then they'll nerf it into the ground.

Sorry, not falling for it.

Ship looks cool though.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    A Vaadwaur ship you say?

t0dR1ni.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I once spent around 4 million Dil in this promotion. Was pretty disappointed to not get a T6 anything and won’t ever touch it again. This promotion is a Dil/Zen vacuum. Crafted items aren’t what they used to be and you can get Lobi and better items through the Inifinity box.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Vaadwaur? Weren't they like 6 seasons ago? Who cares about them anymore! :D
    edited December 2018
    They are catching up on making promo ships of non-player ships from earlier seasons, and they have run out of new ideas most likely.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @roguealltrek said:
    > nommo#5819 wrote: »
    >
    > Very interesting design & abilities that seem very appeasing. Truly worthy of the title "juggernaut". Then I remember the STO "gambling" required to get it so I'll probably pass. Nevertheless, seemingly very impressive ship. It pins the owner to Polaron, but after all I think that's canon.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > i agree nice ships but i simply don't have the inclination to take a gamble on a chance of something. A direct selection at a fixed price with a guaranteed outcome is what drives my wallet. So i to will half to take a pass.

Grind Dill, buy Zen with Dill, buy keys with zen, sell keys for EC, buy ship with EC. There you go.

Very true wise words. It might take longer that way, but it has the guaranteed outcome desired. Of course I gotta thank the "space-whales" & other gamblers otherwise this & other similar wouldn't even make it into the game.

lol.. that trait is ridiculous.

Knowing Cryptic it will be insanely over powered.. everyone will spend tons of money to get it.. and then they'll nerf it into the ground.

Sorry, not falling for it.

Ship looks cool though.

Very true methodology indeed. Then rinse & repeat for the next promotion ... I think usually ... maybe sometimes Cryptic leaves it alone.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    nice ship , devs plz do something that those ships don't sell for 1b and up
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    garaks31 wrote: »
    nice ship , devs plz do something that those ships don't sell for 1b and up

Only way to do that is to increase the supply.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    Have to sadly echo the theme here ... Ship looks cool and all, and the trait sounds interesting, (my SciRom would probably love this ship) but as it comes from an even worse "gamble box" than normal lockboxes, I'll have to skip it.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • asadir#3274 asadir Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Gambling = Nope . Without ''Pity timer'' mechanic in the game this is really not worth it .
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I kinda like this ship… its quite interesting...

Fascinating...
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.