test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cat ears! Let us give you money Cryptic! :P

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
For reals, I will keep bringing this up, let us buy cat ears and even tails for alien gens. Its even cannon from the Kelvin timeline. :P Would gladly shell out large sums of money for this feature.
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I think you are misremembering the scene in ID. The "twins" do not have cat ears. Nothing about them is feline. They have ridged "alien" ears like Cardassians have.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I think you are misremembering the scene in ID. The "twins" do not have cat ears. Nothing about them is feline. They have ridged "alien" ears like Cardassians have.

No. I think the OP is referring to the cannon they used in the KT. It had cats ears on it and fired large, pink shells. Marcus used it against the Klingons.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind cat ear and tails, I like to base characters of ones from other series. The ears and tails would make it so much easier.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    artan42 wrote: »

No. I think the OP is referring to the cannon they used in the KT. It had cats ears on it and fired large, pink shells. Marcus used it against the Klingons.

Ah, the pussygun! I remember that. It was awesome.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I think that was Hugh Hefner starring in his iconic role as Captain Macho in an epic battle versus his arch nemesis, Queen Estrogena. Picard would later copy his wining tactics in Nemesis.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »

No. I think the OP is referring to the cannon they used in the KT. It had cats ears on it and fired large, pink shells. Marcus used it against the Klingons.

Ah, the pussygun! I remember that. It was awesome.

No sight so it had to be fired from the hip...​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    What about cat ears on a tardig…..

*breaks the internet*
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited December 2018
    What about cat ears on a tardig…..

*breaks the internet*

NOOOO! NOT THE INTERNET!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • riveroceanriverocean Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    In the meantime, try Benzite 03 for cat ears. Works reasonably well, especially with long hair styles.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I want Breen armor for aliens or Jem'Hadar so I can pretend I'm a Breen.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    avoozuul wrote: »

They also need to replace those recolored Jem'Hadar rifles the Breen use with the actual Breen Rifle.
    b4b755a5ebd30f7d8640153ed7183d8f.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Honestly I would be more interested in the Cat's Eye.

Flying a real nebula (not the ship class) could be fun.

Now that I'm talking about real... when can I finally expect that real life shuttle C-store purchase option?!
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    As for cat ears: I don't understand what's so great about having them. But sure, would be nice if those who want them, could get them.

Some more exotic options (third leg, floating parts maybe?, more different types of horns or perhaps even shells) would be welcome.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    As for cat ears: I don't understand what's so great about having them. But sure, would be nice if those who want them, could get them.

Some more exotic options (third leg, floating parts maybe?, more different types of horns or perhaps even shells) would be welcome.

Im game for anything new added :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    I want hooves! pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    Well you can get hooves in CO.
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    > @risian6#1997 said:
    > As for cat ears: I don't understand what's so great about having them. But sure, would be nice if those who want them, could get them.
    >
    > Some more exotic options (third leg, floating parts maybe?, more different types of horns or perhaps even shells) would be welcome.

It make me think of the game Spore, it was so funny to make aliens with many members or eyes or mouths !
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It make me think of the game Spore, it was so funny to make aliens with many members or eyes or mouths !
    Practically all I remember of Spore are the many "members." :blush:

Somehow I don't think Cryptic would go for that style.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I support cat ears & tails!
    I also support Breen armor & costume options.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »

They also need to replace those recolored Jem'Hadar rifles the Breen use with the actual Breen Rifle.
    b4b755a5ebd30f7d8640153ed7183d8f.jpg

Did the Breen use Tetryon or Polaron?
    Oh! According to http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Breen, they use "type 3 disruptors, in common with the Romulans and Klingons. (Star Trek Generations)"
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    (...)
    Oh! According to http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Breen, they use "type 3 disruptors, in common with the Romulans and Klingons. (Star Trek Generations)"

Breen have always used Disruptors, both on ships and on ground. They also did so in-game prior to the first Breen arc revamp. Cryptic changed it to Polaron probably because they wanted a different kind of damage type on an enemy and such they undermine canon for gameplay reasons.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    (...)

Breen have always used Disruptors, both on ships and on ground. They also did so in-game prior to the first Breen arc revamp. Cryptic changed it to Polaron probably because they wanted a different kind of damage type on an enemy and such they undermine canon for gameplay reasons.​​
    Pointless gameplay reasons. Enemy damage types don't make any difference since they don't need to acquire gear with matching bonuses.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

It's simple, they want to make a Nekomimi...no other reason than that.
    In the series quite a few aliens used disruptors.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

It's simple, they want to make a Nekomimi...no other reason than that.

Well they already have folks with drow characters running around in this game, so sure. Bring on the cat ears.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
    > @warpangel said:
    > angrytarg wrote: »
    >
    > sarvour0 wrote: »
    >
    > (...)
    > Did the Breen use Tetryon or Polaron?
    > Oh! According to http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Breen, they use "type 3 disruptors, in common with the Romulans and Klingons. (Star Trek Generations)"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Breen have always used Disruptors, both on ships and on ground. They also did so in-game prior to the first Breen arc revamp. Cryptic changed it to Polaron probably because they wanted a different kind of damage type on an enemy and such they undermine canon for gameplay reasons.​​
    >
    >
    >
    > Pointless gameplay reasons. Enemy damage types don't make any difference since they don't need to acquire gear with matching bonuses.

But theoretically players need to adapt their resistances. That is not true any more since we have passive and universal resistance these days but that was the thought behind it methinks.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    (...)
    My take on that was that the Breen were one of only three known races to use that type of weapon, not that they EXCLUSIVELY used that weapon type.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Or they adopted Polarons during the Dominion War and never went back.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Also potentially valid. We know they exchanged a lot of technical data with their allies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Also, Lord Voldemord could have cursed them. Perfectly valid.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

Kinda what I figured, I mean Starfleet had to adapt their shields to even get any kind of defense at all against the Dominion's Polaron weaponry...perhaps it was stronger than their Disruptors even after Starfleet was able to adapt?
This discussion has been closed.