test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship!

13»

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    I like the shape of it, but I wish it had the current Fek'Ihri colors (rusty black with red Klingon script all over).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    I like the shape of it, but I wish it had the current Fek'Ihri colors (rusty black with red Klingon script all over).
    They talked about it in the Ten Foward Stream and call the designers made was that black was simply too dark for the details to show up. I'm paraphrasing here obviously but that's essentially what they said.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    What is this heresy?
    That ship looks like the taint of Chaos to me
    IdolatorRaiderBFGA.jpg
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
      Question I have is how do you get 1000 vouchers?

Fastest Race on Ice in Q's Winter Wonderland, looks like. Same as usual for Winter ships.

So you can get more than1 per run through?

From how it played last winter, you can run the races as much as you want; the race itself had a 10 minute cooldown, but the Stack of 40 vouchers/portraits was on a 20-hour cd.

Me, I have to plan/plot my logistics, and make a schedule as some chars will be racing to complete projects for ships from previous years I was unable to complete (One completion on an account unlocking the Ship for the Account), and which alts to run for the new ship.

And I really, really want the Heavy Metal Warship! Fickle Store ship! The Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship!
      This is all well and good.

The real question is how is for roasting chestnuts?

"Moonves' shriveled balls blazing in Gre'thor's Fires!"
      (ancient Klingon war ballad. Too much?)
      4073703.jpg
      [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
      =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
      U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
      T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      I like warships, so will be going for this. Gonna go for it on the other family accounts as well so they can have it.

I've long extended STO's leash when it comes to things like fire in space and the like. It's a game, it entertains me and that's all that counts.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
      Appropriate for this year, considering what we learned of the Fek's origins in Victory is Life.
      edited December 2018
      Could someone pls paste in the link for the vid on twitch? I would like to see it! I searched and got nada...
      What is this heresy?
      That ship looks like the taint of Chaos to me
      IdolatorRaiderBFGA.jpg

No, no, nothing heretical here! That's a Combi-Warship! Industrial Cooking-fires! Soldiers need to eat, you know! Few things motivate troops to kick TRIBBLE than the promise of a favored meal, cooked to perfection, waiting for their victorious return from brutally slaughtering the enemy!
      4073703.jpg
      U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
      T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
      echatty wrote: »
      I like warships, so will be going for this. Gonna go for it on the other family accounts as well so they can have it.

I've long extended STO's leash when it comes to things like fire in space and the like. It's a game, it entertains me and that's all that counts.

I just considered it plasma of some sort. The Kar'fi looks more steampunk in space with its "smoke stack" than the S'torr but with some of the other crazy ships and tech in Trek neither are too far out in comparison.
    • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
      sarvour0 wrote: »
      Could someone pls paste in the link for the vid on twitch? I would like to see it! I searched and got nada...

Here is the link, sarvour0. https://www.twitch.tv/crypticstudios
      enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
      =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
    • zeldafan6284#9812 zeldafan6284 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      Only able to get via a stupid race I'm very not happy, I'm furious!! Nobody I know in game even likes those ice races!! Foot races would be better for risa not winter wonderland!! I was excited for the new ship and the event, now I'm simply angry cause I suck at the races and won't be able to get the thing.
    • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User

It does. Those are Fek’Ihri Type 1 and 2 in the customisation screen.
      Leipzig University, 1409-2409
      Only able to get via a stupid race I'm very not happy, I'm furious!! Nobody I know in game even likes those ice races!! Foot races would be better for risa not winter wonderland!! I was excited for the new ship and the event, now I'm simply angry cause I suck at the races and won't be able to get the thing.

I thought I would have the same problem, but after some frustrating runs I got the hang of them. Mostly you have to relax, use the inside lane embankments a bit to slow for turns, and be ready to cancel the running toggle by using the "roll" key if you fell like you are going to slide out of bounds. You have to do it with running toggled on as much as possible (in the straighter sections of track at least) you will never beat the npc on the regular jog setting.

It helps to think of it like a hovercraft race, you need to face the direction you want to go or even a bit further, not the direction you are going at the moment like you were in a real footrace.

I lose a little bit of speed, but making constant mini-turns/course-corrections helps me to make the turns easier, and mitigate sliding so I don't slide out. Also, someone mentioned failing the race deliberately until you get a race w/o any opponent, and then you can just walk.
      4073703.jpg

• voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User

I promise you this: If you take the jump/roll advice you will never lose the solo race again... you'll win by a wide margin every time.

To reiterate the method(s):

- Use sprint, and run manually (easier without toggle run on)
      - When you reach a turn where you'd slide more than a little do one of the following:
      - - Jump and LET GO of the movement keys until you've landed.
      - - Roll and let go of the movement keys
      - You'll end up at a complete STOP, and won't be sliding.
      - Face the new direction the track takes, and sprint... repeat until you win

You can practice the jump/roll stop on the track before you actually do the race. Once you have it down (and its really not hard to do) you will destroy the AI opponent in every race.
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      Just remember, if you have no opponent you are eligible to be hit by snowballs thrown by snowmen if they are active.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
      spiritborn wrote: »
      They talked about it in the Ten Foward Stream and call the designers made was that black was simply too dark for the details to show up. I'm paraphrasing here obviously but that's essentially what they said.

According to the video I saw of someone reviewing the ship it has three materials available, one is the shiny new one in the announcement, one looks like something fished out of a trash fire (almost like a Reaver ship from Firefly), and one of them is rusty and dark with Klingon graffiti in red.

Also you can change the look with the color and pattern controls in the customizer. The reviewer did not spend long in the customizer but it looked like the graffiti stayed on top when patterns were applied so you could use the black and dark gray with one of the more covering patterns if you wanted in more black than the ashy smoke-damaged look of the material with the script. The down side seems to be that it apparently has no bridge at all, or at least didn't when it was reviewed.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      According to the video I saw of someone reviewing the ship it has three materials available, one is the shiny new one in the announcement, one looks like something fished out of a trash fire (almost like a Reaver ship from Firefly), and one of them is rusty and dark with Klingon graffiti in red.

Also you can change the look with the color and pattern controls in the customizer. The reviewer did not spend long in the customizer but it looked like the graffiti stayed on top when patterns were applied so you could use the black and dark gray with one of the more covering patterns if you wanted in more black than the ashy smoke-damaged look of the material with the script. The down side seems to be that it apparently has no bridge at all, or at least didn't when it was reviewed.

People already unlocked the WW ships! Egads! I think I have three of those review videos in my e-mail box to watch, yet! LOL!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
      where2r1 wrote: »

People already unlocked the WW ships! Egads! I think I have three of those review videos in my e-mail box to watch, yet! LOL!

I'm sure some ppl tested it on tribble server first. Then there are the Whales of STO. The players that can afford to open hundreds, or even thousands of Lock Boxes, and are now swimming thru massive piles of Lobi Crystals like Scrooge McDuck in his gold. So they have no problem just forking over Lobi for Vouchers.
      Power to the Whales! TY for supporting STO! And thank you to those kind enough to share previews!
      God bless you!

Can KDF have Ferengi now? I wanna make a Skrooge MkLukk...
      4073703.jpg

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      edited December 2018
      I just got done running my Jem'Hadars through WW Doffing and the Ice Race.... I got a bit of time so let me check my e-mail....

OK turned out a couple of those e-mails were the Vaadwaur Juggernaut Reviews.

So, here are the ones for the Fek'lhri S'torr:

STOunrefined Fek'Ihri S'torr Warship [T6] Visual's review

Fek'lhri S'torr WarShip Review
      "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
      sarvour0 wrote: »
      where2r1 wrote: »

I'm sure some ppl tested it on tribble server first. Then there are the Whales of STO. The players that can afford to open hundreds, or even thousands of Lock Boxes, and are now swimming thru massive piles of Lobi Crystals like Scrooge McDuck in his gold. So they have no problem just forking over Lobi for Vouchers.
      Power to the Whales! TY for supporting STO! And thank you to those kind enough to share previews!
      God bless you!

Can KDF have Ferengi now? I wanna make a Skrooge MkLukk...

Hehe :D
      giphy.gif​​
      enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
      =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=