test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T5 Colony cost and duration too high

syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
T5 colony cost and duration seem to be to high and too long even for old established fleets. Any Chance you could Double or increase the amount of tier experience the T5 colony projects give? It would make the amount of time to finish colony T5 go from 150 days to 75. Would also half the amount of dill required to run the projects from 15 million per tier to 7.5 million. Seeing how there are 2 factions and most players need to do this stuff twice..

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    And, yet, there are several Fleets who have finished the Colony holding already. And they got done months ago.

Our fleet is taking our time with it. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Also, the progression from Tier 4 to Tier 5 is mathematically silly:

Tier 0 to 4 = 100,000
    Tier 4 to 5 = 250,000 (which is equal to one and half times the amount that it takes to get from Tier 0 to 4!)

Even for a fairly active fleet this is a super difficult thing to achieve.

Any help would definitely be appreciated!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Colony world 14 months old. No one in my armada even has lvl 81 fleet/colony, even most big fleets with lvl 81, colony stalled around 150k of 250k tier xp. Just seems like it cost too much for way too long of time. Even trying to do 1 tier project at a time seems like years away for most fleets. 150 days at 80-100k x 3 tiers x 2 factions + millions for upgrades after reaching xp just for t5.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well, we are building the Colony on a casual basis. And even with me being dragged in, kicking and screaming, "I don't want to do it at all!!" Our Colony is in the middle of Tier 3. I am shocked! I checked today.

I didn't even realize we got that far. There is only 2 other people that I am aware of that is supplying goodies for it. Maybe.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • bluecoougarbluecoougar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I'm In a KDF fleet and our Colony is between tier 2 and 3 and has a colony special project where BOFFs are needed I can't get them into my inventory so that I can contribute. All my BOFFs are in my candidates roster. I tried buying some from the Exchange they went into the candidate roster. Any help would be appreciated.
    Post edited by bluecoougar on
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yes, it's too much for a tiny fleet with members (yet one which lives for years and which we wish to stay) who wish to build and PLAY and harvest what they saw by hard work. To shorten the post I hide some long writing without erasing.
    (yes, we liked to build for self and others - but will that day of having things build and we having resources dedicate to USE those instead of donating, will come?).

Not all can/wish to join a channel for that and it seems to become a part of the game scaling.

As said elsewhere, if statistics shows we grind a lot/frequently/even mostly, it doesn't mean we like to do that or that it's our most favored activity... We grind to have things build so we can rest and play later and enjoy contents we have FINISHED building by hard work. (nobody likes to grind rep/fleet donation just for doing this and this alone indefinitely)

We may be not very effective, but this is the state and we have life and life's consequences too.

As one who now tries to sponsor my rep for a change and have some dilitium set equipment a change - something I do rarely, but intending to try to make chars more playable (ATM on those days of sponsoring, I only have just enough unrefined dil for sponsoring and one set, and no refined dil at all) after years of mostly all dil donated to fleet by my own choice, doing this personal grind for rep/set slowly and it takes multiple days to earn that dil), to see it halting things "before time", just hurt, though I knew it will happen (and it's also only fair for all doing together the work they are doing by their desire to build for all) and we all take a break for the winter event as well. (many times players also motivated by each others' work on building the fleet, but it looks like we have came to a halt for a while.) But we have to put a stop also and I think it will be T3 (will resume donation soon but it feels like colony requires too much) Note that the people who have helped for years, including myself, are now busy, tired and drained from this excessive amount needed and from what life put to us. It's time to harvest some fruits. I will be back to donating ASAP and am motivated to try finishing T3 on colony, and compensate the delay even, but this colony is indeed too much and it can't continue that way IMO to T4 in our case.

To sum a long post up - way too much dilitium is needed - it's too much for small fleets IMO (even if players could say "still possible") and multiple players are just left without much dilitium for years, grinding (or resting when they can't grind so effectively) in trying to help to make some advance possible.
    While not all of us are very effective when trying so (mean mostly self here), this is really not the way and we worked really hard for long, instead of playing. It drains such players both dilitium, energy and desire to play, for a false hope it could be finished.
    We will probably stop colony advance when it comes to T3. And yes, I know it's not cost-effective to donate this way... And it was our choice to try - as we liked to build and thought this will end. But colony is a great excess even in this "equation"

Current state: T2 all colony tiers (still aiming T3), drained players. (a handful in a fleet). Hard work started years before colony "invented".
    It feels as if each time we accomplish something/advance, people contemplate on adding another grinding source, or even cryptic add such. This time though we "broke" in the way that there is a perpetual source of dilitium grind now if building is to be done, and it's the colony which we have, as a result of the excess "which feels eternal", lost hope to complete. We are still T4 on all starbase tiers as well (one of those is now slowly pushed to T5 and this may be our SB limit).
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on