test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

31c Temporal ships and their bridge

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User
is so horrid, why can we not get to use any bridge type like the 26c pizza cutters can
The set designer on Voyager must have had the worst week ever, the layout makes no sense whatsoever
not enough stations, so central chair for the captain to see the viewscreen.

I want to be able to see all my BOFFs on the bridge, please loosen the restrictions
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    They made the 31st century bridge for a mission and just re-used it. They don't usually make bridges otherwise
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Most bridges suck one way or another. The TOS themed bridge if you go to other decks, most npcs are even burried in ground. I tried on the galaxy and quickly changed it. Then took one by one the free bridges and they also had many problems so changed back to default. Generally the default is the best among ship bridges in game and has a low quality animation on windowscreen, which is better than the static image or nothing others got.

KDF side not much better. Like Feds ones, most got problems plus they got static window screen or the shape is there but there isnt even a static screen. The bird-of-prey sized ones seem to have the most problems. Romulan one is quite well designed but it is just one(no matter if you got a dread or a tiny scout) for all ships and windowscreen is static too. JH is high quality but like Romulan one its one for all ships it seems - also not many boffs appear.

From other ships I was impressed by how voth bridge looks but it does have room for improvement too adding more boffs as it has the space. Vorgon summer event bridge seems like it got in from another game - textures seem low quality. Advanced Obelisk bridge, looks good like a personal spire, but only 2 of my boffs appear there while there is plenty space for more.

I havent bought any of the bought bridge packs on purpose. If they dont fix existing bridges I wont buy EVER the ones they got for sale - if they did fix them I would probably had bought all. That said because I didnt buy them I dont know if they share same problems.

Another thing is, this game due to its type of being a game you travel and spend most time in spaceships doesnt have housing system. Bridges in a way is the alternate to it. They could had added means to Decorate and Customise to some extent your bridge making it more personal in a way like your mobile Space Home. It would also add to their profits, but when all games had added personal space customization and related sales up years back, STO/Cryptic is sleeping on it - they need more inspiration
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The set designer on Voyager must have had the worst week ever, the layout makes no sense whatsoever
    not enough stations, so central chair for the captain to see the viewscreen.
    How do you know how many stations are enough to operate a timeship? In the episode, the captain sat on the single big station on the left.
    discojer wrote: »
    They made the 31st century bridge for a mission and just re-used it. They don't usually make bridges otherwise
    There is no 31st century bridge. The 31c ships use the Wells-class bridge originally made for the temporal lockbox ships.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The problem for me is that there is a bridge ONLY, and no option to visit crew decks or engineering, which would be rather different on a time ship than other ships. The Paradox is one of the largest ships in the game, but we're locked into the bridge; that's just wrong...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
    The problem for me is that there is a bridge ONLY, and no option to visit crew decks or engineering, which would be rather different on a time ship than other ships. The Paradox is one of the largest ships in the game, but we're locked into the bridge; that's just wrong...
    Yes, well, welcome to practically every ship with a custom bridge ever.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    There's a reason for it. The 31c bundle is cross-faction. Apparently you can't use cross-faction ships with faction bridges.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    There's a reason for it. The 31c bundle is cross-faction. Apparently you can't use cross-faction ships with faction bridges.
    well then they should look to let players pick from a selection of bridges from their factions, but not other factions.
    It'd be nice if it worked that way, maybe some day?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Yes, you can. If they let you. The Risan ships for example have default faction interior options.

You are locked to the temporal bridge on the 31c set simply because that's what they always do when they put in a custom bridge.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I dont really care about bridges, thou i understand your point.. what i hate about those ships is the lack of access to faction materials...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Loosening restrictions across the board would be nice. Lots of people have asked for completely unrestricted bridge choices which suits me since I would finally be able to use my Vanguard bridge on my Lockbox/lobi/promo Jem'Hadar ships.

That said, Cryptic decided a long time ago that bridges should be completely functionally useless. They're so useless that if Cryptic just removed bridges from the game, nobody would be worse off. Because of this, I don't worry about it too much.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    > @salazarraze said:
    > That said, Cryptic decided a long time ago that bridges should be completely functionally useless. They're so useless that if Cryptic just removed bridges from the game, nobody would be worse off. Because of this, I don't worry about it too much.

I am a big customer of this feature and I would be very disapointed if they remove that.
    > @salazarraze said:
    > That said, Cryptic decided a long time ago that bridges should be completely functionally useless. They're so useless that if Cryptic just removed bridges from the game, nobody would be worse off. Because of this, I don't worry about it too much.

I am a big customer of this feature and I would be very disapointed if they remove that.
    Realistically they're not going to remove bridges simply because bridges aren't broken, thus they'd be making more work for themselves. Also they wouldn't do it unless they simply couldn't fix whatever broke... which.. good luck there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.