test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plasma Build?

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
I currently have the Rom and Borg weapon sets, working on the Rom ship set.
I also have a single corrosive plasma beam
are there any other weapons or consoles that I should look for to make my plasma more painful?
I have a crafted Omni plasma along with the KCB, is there another Omni plasma that I could add to my ship?

Comments

• kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    There are some on exchange that are from lockboxes such as:
    Isolytic which does pull damage to target when it procs,
    Ferenginar which debilitates the target,
    Chronoplasma which does DoT and Slows the target
    (all 3 have Omni-Directionals if you can afford them, but you can only have one along with your Crafted Omni, and no Rep Omni-KCB does not count against total)
    There are also Plasmatic Biomatter weapons which do splash damage around target when hit correctly.

If you have the Lobi for them: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sensor_Modifications_Set are nice to have even for 2-peice

But the Lukari Rep now covers Plasma damage once you finish T6 (the console though covers plasma damage bonus some amount, but gains more when 2-peiced): https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lukari_Restoration_Initiative_Armaments#Plasma Variant
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    I rather liked the Caustic Plasma. It's an [Acc]x2 weapon that is buffed by Plasma consoles. It burns hot!
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    what about consoles in general, are there any "must have" for a plasma build?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The Lukari Rep set now offers a very nice Plasma boost with the 2 pc. I would definitely try and work that in. As for the weapons, pretty much whatever you like, but I would avoid Romulan Plasma as they are weakened by the missing mod. Personally, I just like straight up Crafted Plasma beams.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Ok so of the plasma Omni weapons, what ones count as crafted and what ones dont, so I can have more than the one. (or did they just make it you can have 2 Omni and thats it?)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    You can slot 2 omni beams, 1 from a set and 1 without a set. Sadly this means we can still only use 1 omni plasma because there's not set for it.
    All we've got is the crafted one and some lockbox variants which all count towards the same category restriction.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Please also remember as a Romulan character, you can have a full set of Superior Romulan Operatives as Slotted Bridge Officers. The SRO Ability stacks at five if you are a Romulan captain. This will increase the plasma effects you're looking for indirectly. But it still increases the effects of plasma weapons.

And Jolan Tru, Centurion. Playing a sneaky Space Elf is very enjoyable, is it not?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Plasma really profit from the new T6 rep options. Sea already mentioned the lukari set, there is also the undine rep weapon set available in plasma.

I use this energy types on my tanks now as consoles slots fill fine with plasma stuff there while still leaving a bit room for tank attributes as in +threat consoles for example.

K’ris’ Vengeance

Halo’s Miracle Worker cruiser
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Completely forgot about the T6 Lukari. Might be interesting to refresh some of my plasma builds.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The console "Plasma Wave" might be interesting
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Interesting but annoying...You come to a dead stop and cant activate any other abilites while charging..It takes several seconds to charge and fire...Enough time for your target to move out of you line of fire...Cept Borg cubes..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

Superior Romulan Operatives? I do not recall anything about them, could you explain?
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    spy8446 wrote: »
    Superior Romulan Operatives? I do not recall anything about them, could you explain?
    Bridge Officers you can get from your Fleet Embassy on New Romulus.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Romulan_Operative/boff

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Plasma_Beam_Array

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

Interesting but annoying...You come to a dead stop and cant activate any other abilites while charging..It takes several seconds to charge and fire...Enough time for your target to move out of you line of fire...Cept Borg cubes..

It boost plasma damage so it's nice on a plasma build even when you don't use the clicky.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, Plasma Wave is horrible to actually use.

I had a Plasma build with a free slot so I used to slot it just for the passive boost, but I never even mapped the 'clicky' to my hot bar. I wanted to make sure I didn't click it by mistake. It kinda reminded me of the Scimitar Thalaron Pulse.. sounds cool, but you would have to be insane to ever actually use it. :lol:

Luckily, with the expansion of the Rep system there are now plenty of better consoles to use. The Plasma Wave can fade into obscurity where it belongs. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Yeah, Plasma Wave is horrible to actually use.

I had a Plasma build with a free slot so I used to slot it just for the passive boost, but I never even mapped the 'clicky' to my hot bar. I wanted to make sure I didn't click it by mistake. It kinda reminded me of the Scimitar Thalaron Pulse.. sounds cool, but you would have to be insane to ever actually use it. :lol:

Luckily, with the expansion of the Rep system there are now plenty of better consoles to use. The Plasma Wave can fade into obscurity where it belongs. :wink:

Amen

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    depends on the ship you are flying, if you are doing a submarine build you can't resist playing with the Big Red Beach Ball of Death
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    Ti'ella's Scimi is running 3 beams forward, the experimental plasma beam the hyper torpedo, the emissions torpedo aft along with the KCB and a plasma omni. Romulan Prototype deflector with the preeminent warp core, and 2 pc assimilated set, imp and shield. 4x plasma infusers tac consoles, plasma wave for the 20% weapon damage the z-p conduit for the 3 pc set, the valdore shield console, conductive rcs with res-a, particle field exciter with res-b, the scimi secondary shield console and the flagship tac computer for the +3% directed weapon damage
    Spock.jpg