test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug Report - Mission: Coliseum

franconiumfranconium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I am unable to 'Fill Gourd with Water' during the 'Find Provisions for the Night - [Science] Find Water' task. I have completted the step 'Hollow Out a Gourd' and am stood in the pool that you go to to fill the Gourd.

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I've done this objective recently on a sci char IIRC.
    While I don't really know, it seems to require some tries (I don't remember how many) until you find a good guard (useful for the quest objective I mean) and I personally (as a player) think it's intentional. Look for other guard elsewhere until one succeeds. (when things crowling/falling from the guard it's a fail guard IIRC - unsure)

Ah, I see you have found the pool already so maybe non applicable.

To the point. I don't know, it worked for me somehow. Maybe it works only after you fully succeed with the guard (probably without things crowling out of it)? Is hollow a guard marked as completed? (if not and if you can, try to search for another, 1st). If you already had a good guard and that part of objective being marked, I don't know, maybe somewhere really nearby in the pool?
    Though I COULD do the objective, it looks like it might be an issue and it might be linked to the following *XBOX* report.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245243/coliseum-broken-after-aod-launch
    edited November 2018
    I don't know if it will work for you, but IIRC, it SEEMS the way I've recently completed the missions (on PC) on two sci chars, involved going (about) to the middle/center of the green circle marking the pool/quest objective. (just realized it is likely so yesterday on the second sci char)

*This isn't meant to nullify the bug report only to suggest a possible workaround

EDITED AFTER where2r1 's response: in XBOX (in a similar issue discussed) though it seems at least once, restarting the "marooned" part of the mission allegedly that way didn't work. I don't know if it may work on other tries. However do suggest such things/workaround/insights into bugs (BTW I wanted also to compliment you on some recent insight on some other issue which helped me understand some things better but didn't know how) maybe it helps people in PC/XBOX experiencing this issue still. *putting this note here instead of a response in order to not spam the issue more than I did :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Sometimes the program does not load into missions properly, and some objectives won't work. Then one player says, "This does not work", and a different player says, "It works for me."

Try: try leaving the map, and enter the mission, again, to get the program to reload everything. There should be an interact button to go back in. The program should load you back to the last respawn point you passed in the mission. You may have to redo that segment but not the entire mission from the beginning.

Use the "leave" button on the mini map. The one on the top left...looks like a galaxy, the one that takes you back to sector space.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • I have tried leaving the map twice, I still cannot pick up the water
    edited November 2018
    Did you try (once you have the good guard and objective completed) to go to the center point of the green circle (or its area/vicinity) and try there?

I don't know if it helps you.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    edited November 2018
    Did you try (once you have the good guard and objective completed) to go to the center point of the green circle (or its area/vicinity) and try there?

Quoting self here to correct an error of mine also, and posted this experience on PC and XBOX too as it's the same issue for both IMO.

Did this yesterday on the 3rd time since AoD on a sci char... (on PC, but XBOX has a similar issue)

Done successfully but this time but was a bit "harder"; I've noticed the interact dialogue box appeared not exactly in the middle of the green center, but close to the middle more than to the edge (I now understand it means - within the pool) - BUT it was NOT in the center of the pool exactly (sorry if I misled by accident), it was in a bit more shallow water - it required a bit of "strolling" within the pool this time but shortly after I started the clickable interaction box/dialogue appeared. Can't say where exactly. Yes there is a rock nearby but not sure where exactly the dialogue appeared.

Anyway my advice: tour a bit within the pool (not in the deepest water) once you completed the previous objective until an interaction appears :)

Chars I tried on: Sci fed (old) I think vulkan, Sci delta fed (new delta from before AoD) I think alien, sci AoY fed (old from before AoD) I think vulkan. I have no more sci chars left ATM
  • kulbarkulbar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I thought I was going crazy. I asked about this on r/sto, and got downvoted to oblivion by people claiming that it worked fine for them (PS4 and XBOX; I'm on PC). I've created two science characters since AoD (Disco-era Fed and Rom-Fed), and they've both been hit by this bug.

Interact locations for the water are "off", and not in the same place for each character. For one, the interact is literally buried in the boulder -- I can see it running up against it, but it goes away the instant I stop moving or try to use it. For the other, it's floating in the air above the centerpoint of the green circle (right near the deepest part of the pool) -- I can see it briefly when jumping, or via hopping down from the boulder, but it vanishes the moment I hit the ground. Tried leaving and resetting the map a few times on each character, tried dropping and restarting the mission from the beginning, and it's the same each time. I even tried maxing out the height of my Alien to see if that would let him see the floating interact while standing, and it's no good. I've gone over every inch of that pool on both characters, and there are no usable interaction points.
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Reminds me of doing the Klingon mission "Alpha" (you can only do it as a KDF character). When you're at the crash site, you need to find six dead bodies. Bodies 1-4 are easy to find, body 5 is in the trees nearby, but body 6 is the one that you have to ignore the green circle in the mini-map. Because body 6 isn't in that green circle's area, or above it, or below it. It's actually closer to the crash site, just outside where the trees are.

Doubt this'll ever get fixed, though, anymore than the gourd/pool problem in "Coliseum". Both missions are probably just too old and the programmers are more than likely concentrating on newer missions.

(Btw, I've done "Coliseum" with a Science character. My problem wasn't filling the gourd with water from the pool; my problem was finding a gourd that would stay intact so that I could fill it with water. I prefer doing "Coliseum" with an Engineer character. It's a little easier for me.)
    edited March 2019
    Reminds me of doing the Klingon mission "Alpha" (you can only do it as a KDF character). When you're at the crash site, you need to find six dead bodies. Bodies 1-4 are easy to find, body 5 is in the trees nearby, but body 6 is the one that you have to ignore the green circle in the mini-map. Because body 6 isn't in that green circle's area, or above it, or below it. It's actually closer to the crash site, just outside where the trees are.

Doubt this'll ever get fixed, though, anymore than the gourd/pool problem in "Coliseum". Both missions are probably just too old and the programmers are more than likely concentrating on newer missions.

(Btw, I've done "Coliseum" with a Science character. My problem wasn't filling the gourd with water from the pool; my problem was finding a gourd that would stay intact so that I could fill it with water. I prefer doing "Coliseum" with an Engineer character. It's a little easier for me.)

"3rd time may be the charm" regarding finding an intact, useful guard. Keep looking. You will find one then, probably after about 2 insect filled. (unsure if it's always the 3rd try but it seems so to me. Either way not many tries are needed, but you likely have to switch location each time.)

Also, the pool objective is within the pool, but not in the middle of it. (not in the deepest water too.) stroll within the pool a little until you are able to interact. Shouldn't take long.

I did the quest with my 3 science characters BTW and it took me time to realize what is going on despite doing the quest successfully (wasn't sure how I managed or what the issue was, at 1st). I think I finally understood it quite decently, hence wrote the above. The details regarding the pool though still need some brushing but I have no more sci chars left :)
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Been a while since my last sci toon in that mission but the exact point you have to be at is very hard to find. I don't remember it ever being in quite the exact same spot but it was always one of those with an extremely small area, as in, a single step in an direction small. If you sprint around the pool you can pass right through it so fast it never even reacts, walking around the pool literally one step at a time is the way to go, it's slow and frustrating but I have never failed to find it...although I have been close to giving up once or twice.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • phoenixchronophoenixchrono Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I was having this issue, the interaction was showing when jumping but it would abort when I came down on the jump. I managed to get it by pressing right against the rock, jumping and hitting F. It took a few tries, but eventually it completed the interaction when I landed.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Like a few (numerous) others, they really need to expand the activation zone for this. It's been a while but I remember that leaving the base on this mission is also kind of tricky. After defeating the worm, when you and Slamek have to go through the sewer pipe (?), I always have to find just the right spot and then jump to get the interaction button. I got pretty good at timing the jump and pressing F during the split second the interaction prompt was there.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • thegateexplorer#8515 thegateexplorer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Did you try finding another water source it worked for me ON PC. There are multiple water sources.
    edited April 2019
    I was having this issue, the interaction was showing when jumping but it would abort when I came down on the jump. I managed to get it by pressing right against the rock, jumping and hitting F. It took a few tries, but eventually it completed the interaction when I landed.

I think you speak about other part of the same quest. if you mean the sewer/pool area/pipe part just after the arena, then it's a different thing.

It's a bit difficult to explain but it's now easier (than jump up and down) to find a place in which you should be able to walk back a little on a rock/land near the water (not inside the water, and a bit on the side, not right in front of it), turn back toward the pipe's direction about, and start run really a bit - planning a jump toward the pipe (as if you want to land in it/in front of it on same level after the jump) and then jump immediately toward the pipe, and then you can interact. it's easier now than jumping and trying to interact in air. It takes some tries and errors/learning but once learned and done successfully once/twice or thrice, it's much easier to do this again.
  • phoenixchronophoenixchrono Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I think you speak about other part of the same quest. if you mean the sewer/pool area/pipe part just after the arena, then it's a different thing.

It's a bit difficult to explain but it's now easier (than jump up and down) to find a place in which you should be able to walk back a little on a rock/land near the water (not inside the water, and a bit on the side, not right in front of it), turn back toward the pipe's direction about, and start run really a bit - planning a jump toward the pipe (as if you want to land in it/in front of it on same level after the jump) and then jump immediately toward the pipe, and then you can interact. it's easier now than jumping and trying to interact in air. It takes some tries and errors/learning but once learned and done successfully once/twice or thrice, it's much easier to do this again.

No, I meant the part where you have to gather water. It is similar to when you have to get in the pipe, though it is harder.