test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jem Hadar

kyronkyron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I made a new Jem Hadar character after they were put in and ever since when I am on that character lighting is real dark especially on DS9 I cant see hardly anything. Also it seems to be off center when I am in 3rd person view instead of the character being centered on the screen it seems to be left of center by a fair bit.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    If you are on Lighting 1 and pitch black on DS9.....
    In your options menu...under GRAPHICS....Post Processing ON, Bloom ON, apply or OK...
    It will take a second or two but you will see the lights turn on and come up to full brightness.

In options menu....under ADVANCED tab...you can adjust Bloom if there is too much glare. I have mine set to 0 (zero).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Uh...as far as that 3rd person perspective camera.... I believe that got changed quite a while ago...when they updated the animation. I really can't tell you the difference between 1st person or 3rd person, anyways.

You know another thing...if you are having problems with the camera on DS9 it may be because it is pretty crowded in there, it could just be interference from NPC's or objects. I notice my camera zooming oddly depending on whether doors are opened or closed behind me or if I am walking by the stairs or what not.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Note that I don't have post processing available at lighting 2.0, and while I don't see all black pitched but still see some (a few) things way too dark (almost black but not really) such as bug hunt (I actually fell due to not seeing well due to darkness and erm. playing how I tend to play.)

(unsupported system - some kind of a linux under steam's wine/proton(3.16-4 or actually IIRC 3.7-8 too) or under wine (3.20, or actually IIRC any 3.13 and up)/play on linux, but most things work much better on any of those than my previous windows 7 (on a comp which died) ATM. but lighting 2.0 is ATM not working so nice for me. Note: I am a newbie level on both game and linux so can't help here or be technical)

P.S.
    brightness can not anymore be calibrated in game allegedly due to a bug in my (unsupported) system and (mostly due to) me being a newbie. (will work on it later. able to change in OS but no effect while changing inside game)
    However, IIRC, some things such as bug hunt are WAY too dark for me with lighting 2.0, even while I see the barely visible line just barely. (as should be set)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on