test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Active Doff system defunct?

dlardragethdlardrageth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
What basically happens now after AoD launch, is that I cannot assign ANY new active Doff any more. The available Doff from your roster show up sorted by department, specialization and rarity, so far, so good. But when you actually try to pick one, up comes only a blank slate, which you obviously can NOT slot. No picture, no name, no description just a blank box. The ones slotted before AoD deployment stay there, but otherwise the system. Is broken, cannot swap out or reorganize the active Doffs any more.

At first glance looks like a database access issue to me. Please try to fix it, as otherwise the Doff system loses about half its functionality, ship setups become way more static and limited and in the end getting new ships barely attractive.

Comments

• flimjam#3426 flimjam Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I've heard they're aware of this problem and are working on a fix. It's happening to everyone, it seems.
  • alex475#7263 alex475 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm having the same problems
  • lorentius#5643 lorentius Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is a great feature, when it works. You can even achieve stealth by having uncommon mixtures of weapons
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    As obvious as it is that Cryptic doesn't care about their console version of the game...anyone wanna bet how long it's gonna take them to fix it? I'd wager it won't be till Anniversary event at the earliest. Smh, rofl.
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
  • thundergodcid#6032 thundergodcid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Every update something breaks I swear, but at least they're aware of the issue and are actively trying to fix it.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @thundergodcid#6032 said:
    > Every update something breaks I swear, but at least they're aware of the issue and are actively trying to fix it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the fix will actually arrive on Consoles in a timely manner. Just going from experience...
  • dlardragethdlardrageth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @tmghost7729#8985 said:
    > > @thundergodcid#6032 said:
    > > Every update something breaks I swear, but at least they're aware of the issue and are actively trying to fix it.
    >
    > Yes, but that doesn't mean the fix will actually arrive on Consoles in a timely manner. Just going from experience...

At the end of the day, if they don't fix it by the holiday season, they'll end up hurting their own wallet. Mind me, the bug itself is not completely game-breaking per say. But what big incentive would there be to purchase (via ZEN) a new ship currently? If you cannot slot the fitting Doffs for it? Not much I can see, as you might likely end up with a gimped setup.

Similar issue (on the player side) for ground combat. Without slotted Doffs you do not get any extra buffs. Wouldn't touch ground PvP I.e. with a ten-foot-pole that handicapped.

Personally, I won't bother trying out the new AoD timeline either for now. Not crazy about having a character with a new full line of gimp ships, it's annoying enough what it does to the already existing ones.