test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with Tier 6 Reputation Traits (Fixed)

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited November 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

So I finished all my reputations and claimed Tier 6. This somehow removed all the lag and rubber banding I was experiencing a few days ago while playing the game. I haven't been online a lot lately.

So all my traits were upgraded to "rank 2" however there is a problem. My trait slots are all filled with the old version of the traits, these are no longer in the list of available traits. So they can't be unchecked in order to be removed.

Since I cannot uncheck any of the old traits, the trait slots are full. So I cannot select any of the new ones. However this bug does not effect my skills or my old traits. Since my ship has the same Critical Chance and Damage, same shield stats and stuff. Which are caused by the old traits, so they still work and do their thing.

It's just that they can't be unchecked from the list, preventing me from checking and enabling the new traits.

Long story short, my traits slots are stuck at being full.. I cannot remove my old traits.

At the picture below (you might need to open it in a new tab in order to zoom in) the first trait in my "Space Reputation" is called 'Advanced Targeting Systems' that's enabled, but in the list you only have 'Advanced Targeting Systems (Rank 2)', so I cannot uncheck and disable the old trait. But since all the trait slots are full, I can't use anyone of the new ones either.

o7m5XJm.png

Help @engineerb4#4806
Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Just after posting this I found a work-around. I thought the only way to activate or deactivate a trait was by checking or unchecking them in the list of available traits. And check the new one you wanted... However you can simply drag them with the mouse from the list.

So I just learned that you can click on the symbol of a trait in the list and drag it over to the Reputation Trait slots.

So what I did was simply drag the traits I wanted from the list and put them in the slots where the old traits were. This checks the new traits off in the list, and allows me to uncheck them like normal.

Long story short, simply click on the symbols of the new traits in the list and drag them using the mouse into the slots where the old traits are. The new Rank 2 traits will replace the old one, and enable them properly in the list of available traits.

As you can see in the pictures below (you might need to open them in a new tab in order to zoom in), it worked for me. And after dragging the new traits over the old ones, they check themselves of in the list. This worked for Space, Ground and Active reputation traits.

So now I got all the new Rank 2 ones, and the list works properly again. But the fact you can't uncheck the old ones might make it a tad confusing for people like me, hope this helps!

AwQkNmC.png
    MqCQjtS.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes, this has been going on since Tribble.

Anyhoo...they fixed it. But they had to reverse that fix because it was causing the lag in the game.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1245247/on-lag-and-tier-6-reputations

Once that fix came down, of course, the Rank 1 traits get stuck and the skill tree goes invalid on Holodeck. Unfortunately, it is not made really clear in Kael's thread why he asked people to not finish the T6 Rep....

It was so this wouldn't happen.

The work around is easy though, as you already found it....drag and drop a trait over the Rank 1 and it goes away. You can use any of the other traits but what makes the most sense is: move the Rank 2 over. It would seem it is a visual thing, only.

I can not remember if Rank 1 Active Rep trait worked on Tribble if it remained slotted after it was updated to Rank 2. I will have to go back and check my notes.

But, on Holodeck, I thought I saw people say when they clicked their Active Rep ability from the tray, it did not work if they have not taken that extra step of drag and drop Rank 2 over.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Sneaky types may opt to run two copies of the same trait for +9% crits etc.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I went back to my Tribble notes...
    Rank 1 stayed in Active Traits list. Also, if it has a clickie button, Rank 1 stays in the Powers list (default P key), and Power Tray (only looked at the ground ones, since I was on Drozana).

So, on TRIBBLE...when Rank 1 active and clickable even if Rank 2 was available to slot.

I do not know how it is acting on HOLODECK...because I have not completed it.

THAT is a problem if Rank 1 AND Rank 2 traits can be up at the same time.

Someone else will have to verify if it is happening on Holodeck.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Whats happened for me on Holodeck with the one T6 I've unlocked is that the rank 1 is there and cannot be 'unclicked' directly, but a slot can be emptied and the rank 2 added to that with both traits effecting stats for +9% crits. Should that rank 1 be replaced I doubt it could be regained as it doesn't appear on the rep trait list.
    postinggum wrote: »
    Whats happened for me on Holodeck with the one T6 I've unlocked is that the rank 1 is there and cannot be 'unclicked' directly, but a slot can be emptied and the rank 2 added to that with both traits effecting stats for +9% crits. Should that rank 1 be replaced I doubt it could be regained as it doesn't appear on the rep trait list.

You can use both if you place the rank 2 trait in another trait slot. But if you replace the one that's rank 1.. There's no way to get it back, since it's no longer in the list.

But you can have both for the time being. Both a rank 1 and a rank 2 trait, rank 1 simply disappears from the list of available traits. But if it's already slotted as a trait, you can use both.

It's once you replace it, you can't get it back since it's not in the list. It should be that the rank 1 traits already slotted, should just upgrade to rank 2. Without having to "re-enable" them, so to speak. It would also prevent people from using the same trait rank 1 and 2 in order to get more crit chance for example.
    edited November 2018