test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Display Setting, Resolution Scale slider broken.

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited December 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello!

After the Discovery update the Resolution Scale slider in the Display settings are broken. If you set it to a value, for example it's default value of 1.0 it will revert to 0 the moment the game is closed.

The slider does not seem to do anything other than that, for example.. When you log in the slider will be set at 0, but the game is actually running at 1.0, the proper render scale.

The slider is simply broken. I decided to tag you @chrian#9670 because I feel bad for always bugging EngineerB4. Hehe.

JG7ZoBa.png
Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh, I just checked mine. It is at 0.90. I usually have it set for 0.97.
    Which would explain why I thought my Discovery character looks so cartoony.

Are we going to be stuck with 0.10 "steps" on this setting, now?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    Yes, it's broken. I reported this bug too.

Holodeck ticket 4,766,733: Changing any graphics setting changes resolution scale from 1 to 0
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Changing any graphics setting in the "Options" window changes the resolution scale from 1 to 0.

1. If your resolution scale is 1 and you change another graphics setting, then the game will change your resolution scale to 0.
    2. If your resolution scale is 1 and you try to set it less than 1, then the game will change it to 0.
    3. If your resolution scale is less than 1 and you try to change it to 1, then the game will change it 0.
    4. If your resolution scale is less than 1, then changing another graphics setting will not affect your resolution scale.
    5. If your resolution scale is less than 1 and you change it to another value less than 1, then the game will keep your new setting.

After the game sets the resolution scale to 0, it cannot be changed back without using the /renderScale command or editing the gameprefs.pref file. Trying to change it back using the controls in the "Display" tab will not work.

where2r1 wrote: »
    Oh, I just checked mine. It is at 0.90. I usually have it set for 0.97.
    Which would explain why I thought my Discovery character looks so cartoony.

Are we going to be stuck with 0.10 "steps" on this setting, now?

The left and right arrow keys next to the slider increment and decrement it by 0.05.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Still an issue to this day, 17th November, 2018.
    edited December 2018
    Still an issue to this day, 18th December, 2018.

@engineerb4#4806

Though it behaves differently. For example if you change graphics settings, or click "apply" in the menu it will always revert back to 0.

However if you simply use /renderscale 1 in the chat box, the slider will be set at 1. But if you change anything, it jumps back to 0 no matter how many times you change it.

So long story short, changing the slider or any graphical settings, or simply pressing "apply" means that the slider will revert back to the value of 0 everytime you close and open the menu.

If you use the command to set renderscale to 1, the slider will be at value 1 unless you touch any settings or buttons other than the x in the right upper corner.
    Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on
    Still a bug to this day, 17th February, 2019.
    Still a bug to this day, 10th March, 2019.
    Still a issue to this day.