test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Subspace Torpedo... High Yield is borked.

The Elachi Subspace Torpedo (Lobi store item) does not work with Torpedo: High Yield.

When fired, the high yield torpedo flies out towards the target and stops about 1/2 a km away, just floating there in space and never hitting.

Can we get this fixed?
Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

Comments

• Options
    penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I get this as well, even if hy is not selected Seems to affect this torpedo and the vaaadwar cluster torpedo. I also find they will work if fired at smaller vessels. Captial ships it just sits there.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I talked to Frtoaster.... he says he seen that happen when a torpedo loses its target.
    Does the target ship die before the torpedo gets to it?

Though, it seems something else is going on with your torpedoes besides that.
    Why would your torpedoes lose target like that???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Another odd thing I saw a torpedo do the other day....come back and target the NPC or Player that launched it. Saw it go back to Sela's ship when she was targeting me with it.

Then all the kinetic damage stuff... what is up with these torpedoes?

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    > @where2r1 said:
    > Another odd thing I saw a torpedo do the other day....come back and target the NPC or Player that launched it. Saw it go back to Sela's ship when she was targeting me with it.
    >
    > Then all the kinetic damage stuff... what is up with these torpedoes?

Oh holy hannah I've had the same thing happen with a different torpedo. Fire it off, target gets killed, torpedo comes back and hits me instead.

> @where2r1 said:
    > I talked to Frtoaster.... he says he seen that happen when a torpedo loses its target.
    > Does the target ship die before the torpedo gets to it?
    >
    > Though, it seems something else is going on with your torpedoes besides that.
    > Why would your torpedoes lose target like that???

No, the ship doesn't die. I'm sitting there pounding away at this thing with beams and/or cannons, and the torpedo is just sitting there, floating in space, doing nothing except I assume intimidating the enemy.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well...Sela would be shooting Plasma Torps at me, I believe those are target-able. The correct term is: Destructible Torpedoes according to the Wiki.

Are the Elachi Torpedo projectiles also of the Destructive Torpedo type???? I am not sure.

We should probably go look that up in the Wiki.....but I am off to go to get some cat food....so will be out for a while.

Very odd that torpedoes are acting as if they are losing their target, when target is still there.

• Options
    Yes, the Elachi HY is a single, destructible torpedo.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes, the Elachi HY is a single, destructible torpedo.

Is that a plasma torpedo of some kind?

Frtoaster mentioned this issue with Destablized Plasma Torpedoes....which sounds similar to what you are seeing....: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/1g15ln/psa_destabalized_plasma_torpedo_bug/

THAT bug was from 2013!!!! AoD bugs on top of ViL and all these changes...is unleashing bugs like the curse of Tutankhamen's Tomb.

I am trying to find more info. (Mummy costumes, next???)

• Options
    > @where2r1 said:
    > themadprofessor#9835 wrote: »
    >
    > Yes, the Elachi HY is a single, destructible torpedo.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Is that a plasma torpedo of some kind?
    >
    > Frtoaster mentioned this issue with Destablized Plasma Torpedoes....which sounds similar to what you are seeing....: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/1g15ln/psa_destabalized_plasma_torpedo_bug/
    >
    > THAT bug was from 2013!!!! AoD bugs on top of ViL and all these changes...is unleashing bugs like the curse of Tutankhamen's Tomb.
    >
    > I am trying to find more info. (Mummy costumes, next???)

No, the Elachi Torpedo is not a plasma Torp. It's actually a tricobalt torpedo.

Things I want in STO: