test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

does patching take 12 hours for you??

so whats up with the stupid amount of time it takes to "patch" the game....i mean come on guys really this is just stupid and i really really hate when you do patches cause it means i cant play at all and have to wait sometimes 2 days before i can get on again due to how stupidly long it takes to download your patch!!! i can download from any other site iv ever tried over 5GB a hour........downloading your patches of what 1.5GB however seems to take anywhere between 10 and 15 hours and thats ONLY if my net doesnt have a drop out during that time!!!!

Answers

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    there is something very wrong. it usually takes me about 30 seconds. my computer is good but like 5 years old.

i know almost nothing about computers. hopefully someone with the intel can help you.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lady1marea#5395 lady1marea Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    very wrong is correct, in the last 30 min its downloaded 20.84mb :( this is crazy its always done this to me and yet its the only place iv ever had a issue downloading from sa stated above i can normally download about 5gb a hour on a slow day, something of this size should be complete within 15min on a really really slow day with a house full of people using up all my bandwidth.... >_<
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    I think my longest download ever was 2 hours and that was the whole game on my old PC (and old ISP too IIRC), so what ever your problem is it's not at Cryptic's end of the connection, since it's not universal.
    overblown dramatics is not the case , its been 2 hours now and this patch is still going, however im glad its quit small so far its at 95.1% witch is 107.5MB the last patch last week that was just over 1GB took 13 hours, started it at 9am aprox my time and it completed just after 10pm that night.......if you want proof ill gladly record the next patch update for however long it takes and add a link to it here, as for it being my end....well maybe i have have been told by a few people its because im from new zealand but im not sure as stated above iv never had a issue downloading anything before and i avg about 5GB a hour when downloading movies or other games STO and ARC are the only things iv ever had a issue with, also my connection via speedtesttab.com is running a download to my house speed of 64/mbps -have payed the extra to be upgraded from 10 to 100, 60 is about the avg i get tho, inter house connection is 130mpbs through wifi however im on ethernet cable so no loss through bad wifi signal
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    My patch today took about 60 seconds and that's a pretty average experience for me. I think that if this were a wide spread Cryptic related issue there would be tons of other people clamoring on this thread in support of the OP. But not surprisingly, there isn't.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I just installed the latest patch. It took about 45 seconds, possibly as long as a minute if you include the installation process.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    actually there are alot of people who have this problem and have been having this problem for years, oldest i have found was 2013 right upto 3 months ago and thats only through search engine not even forum checking, have spoken to my ISP and they assure me its not my end or there's and the speed it was being transmitted at from US was under 1mbps,<cryptic> end ..... not sure what the go is with that since everyone on here seems to think 1 im lieing or 2 its all my problem and has nothing to do with game server and yet my ISP has told me its all offshore issues and has nothing at all to do with my connection...... can someone please help me out here, maybe a secondary means to patch the game allowing me to download from somewhere else to avoid the issue i seem to be having with every update

azrael605 wrote: »
    You have no clue the issues that can crop up between wherever you are and the Cryptic servers that could negatively affect you and not be the fault of you or Cryptic. A couple years ago my hometown (around 90 thousand people) lost internet service entirely because a farmer on the other side of the state (600 odd miles away) cut a buried cable while plowing.

My previous statement stands. The patch hasn't even been up for 12 hours.

i know this patch hasnt been it took just over 2 hours to download this one, the 12 hour" in the tittle was based on last weeks patch witch was actually longer then 12 hours but near enough
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    actually there are alot of people who have this problem and have been having this problem for years, oldest i have found was 2013 right upto 3 months ago and thats only through search engine not even forum checking,
    "Wide spread issues." Whenever the server ACTUALLY has issues, a thread or two will pop up and will very quickly be populated with comments by 100+ people saying "me too." Since that is not happening now, it can only be assumed that the issue that you're having is not a general issue with the game. And no, 5 year google search results don't support your accusations about what you claim is currently happening.
    have spoken to my ISP and they assure me its not my end or there's and the speed it was being transmitted at from US was under 1mbps,<cryptic> end ..... not sure what the go is with that since everyone on here seems to think 1 im lieing or 2 its all my problem and has nothing to do with game server and yet my ISP has told me its all offshore issues and has nothing at all to do with my connection...... can someone please help me out here, maybe a secondary means to patch the game allowing me to download from somewhere else to avoid the issue i seem to be having with every update,
    What do you mean by "offshore issues?" Which country/landmass are you in?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    I'm sorry that you seem to be having issues, but the problem is not on Cryptic's end. This thread though is a rant and will not result in a solution to your problem. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.