test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New, New Romulus.

mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited November 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Guys, its nice you removed that gathering missions from New Romulus arc, but there are some things that needs to be solved.

First, make lower level player synced to lvl 50. I went there as lvl 38 and its lvl 50 designed area. 'Beta' near Hwael Ruins teleport tent can oneshot you with Lunge, then your boff before you can respawn, then you again...and so on.

Second, there are still no Env. Suits in Undergound Ruins mission to be found. New player specially have no other means get suits other than Dil store. I myself was stuck on this back then and if you forget bring them, then you can go back to bank in Staging area or waste 125 dil.
One simple box...

Theres one small bug in text after you leave Overgrown Cave.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/103454501389765353519/6624118149124631618
Post edited by mechacz on

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Not exactly a bug, it's a level 50 area period. If you're there at 38 well you're going to get one shot. There have never been any EV suits in the Ruins. If you had done the arcs preceding NR you would have EV suits.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    Not exactly a bug, it's a level 50 area period.
    It was designed that way, but it's now possible to reach there before you hit 50, so lower players do need to be scaled up.
    There have never been any EV suits in the Ruins. If you had done the arcs preceding NR you would have EV suits.
    Actually, only TOS Federation characters have a mission prior to reaching New Romulus that gives the players a set of EV suits. All other factions have to obtain them from later missions, or the Dilithium Store.
    Also, all other missions that requires EV suits (except on Nukara Prime) actually gives the player a set of EV suits for the away team. Perhaps it's time that this mission had a box of suits sitting in the first chamber...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Not exactly a bug, it's a level 50 area period. If you're there at 38 well you're going to get one shot.
    It's not "IF you are there....." it's "when you are there" since DSC and TOS players are ordered to go to New Romulus around the lvl 35. If it's not a bug mean that Devs made a big mistake about set right the previous episodes.

Add another reason cause New Romulus is no more interesting as battle zone, missions there no longer provide experience points, why a player, expecially below the lvl 50, have to spend time there, get crazy cause AI are too strong for them and many times abort the missions cause are almost impossible to win when they have not even the hope to grow as level?

About the EV Suit, as mechacz and inferiority wrote, all the other missions provide them, say
    There have never been any EV suits in the Ruins.
    mean nothing, even frequency remodulators to challenge the borg can be get from the replicator, but in the first mission of the borg episode, "Were Angels Fear To Tread", is mandatory get them on the romulan vessel, is enough add a crate with them at the start of the mission.

Oh was forgetting another silly thing that make New Romulus a .... bad battle zone. Thanks to that silly mission of the videos "Hidden Camera", all the missions are to be performed 2 or 3 times, it's boring for a lvl 65, try to guess for a lvl 40 that not even can improve his level.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! What a mess this mission journal turned into. :::::smh:::::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Pretty sure DSC and TOS characters aren't ordered to go to NR at 35. There's no reason to do any mission more than once really.
  • Pretty sure DSC and TOS characters aren't ordered to go to NR at 35. There's no reason to do any mission more than once really.

Pretty sure mean you have no tried, i did and what i wrote is my direct experience. Following the episodes the level at the end of the Borg Advance is 35/36 and the first mission provided after the final Borg fleet action is New Romulus.

But if it's not enough look these pics, i took them near the Vastam Peaks with a lvl 65 char:

Shield and Hit points of a Subcommnder Scientist
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/159607622@N05/46337014731/in/dateposted-public/

My Data:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/159607622@N05/32464948608/in/dateposted-public/

Now, i am fighting as a lvl 50, those enemies are at least lvl 65. More, when i attaked them was three, after few shots other 4 suddenly appeared together with a drone. As it was not enough was around some insects swarms that help the AIs, few seconds and me and my first officer were down. Should be hard confront those AIs with a complete away team, being just 2 it's impossible. And those AIs are on the road to the Mountain Pass, if one have not yet activate all the transports must deal with them.

Try to say again that are no problems on New Romulus.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Are you guys talking about the Hirogens???? Take a bat'leth to their heads.

Edit: something newer that may work better for you on Hirogens is Leck's Throwing Knives. You all have that, right?? Or is that mission still too high up?
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    blackace63 wrote: »
    Pretty sure DSC and TOS characters aren't ordered to go to NR at 35. There's no reason to do any mission more than once really.

Pretty sure mean you have no tried, i did and what i wrote is my direct experience. Following the episodes the level at the end of the Borg Advance is 35/36 and the first mission provided after the final Borg fleet action is New Romulus.

But if it's not enough look these pics, i took them near the Vastam Peaks with a lvl 65 char:

Shield and Hit points of a Subcommnder Scientist
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/159607622@N05/46337014731/in/dateposted-public/

My Data:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/159607622@N05/32464948608/in/dateposted-public/

Now, i am fighting as a lvl 50, those enemies are at least lvl 65. More, when i attaked them was three, after few shots other 4 suddenly appeared together with a drone. As it was not enough was around some insects swarms that help the AIs, few seconds and me and my first officer were down. Should be hard confront those AIs with a complete away team, being just 2 it's impossible. And those AIs are on the road to the Mountain Pass, if one have not yet activate all the transports must deal with them.

Try to say again that are no problems on New Romulus.

Borg Advance is 45+, New Romulus is 50+, the Scientists HP are correct. No problems on New Romulus.