test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Long-Range Science Vessel Cochrane/Discovery pylons and nacelles

yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
I just bought the T6 Pathfinder and was looking for some kitbashing, and then I noticed that Cochrane and Discovery pylons have free-floating or heavily clipping nacelles, that are not positioning symmetrically, and also the nacelles appear to be warped in an odd way, and with bits and pieces of textures missing. In sector space, only one of the nacelles would produce an engine trail.

8f9308c908_105212304_o2.png

17b3aa0780_105212305_o2.png

d8613c4c54_105212306_o2.png

a77b75b409_105212307_o2.png

454ad00989_105212308_o2.png

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Wow... This is bad.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Number 4 be like "hehe, silly me" :smiley:

wkk1.jpg
    Does this happen to anyone else?
  • wolfkaboomthe1stwolfkaboomthe1st Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    yes i also have this completely ruined my ship and immersion
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    @yakodym , Just curious what graphical setting are you playing on? That does not appear to be the low detail obtainable by just setting the sliders all the way down.

Also @wolfkaboomthe1st , Could you post a picture of this still happening on the live game?
    @chrian#9670 : I have all the sliders on High / Max - I didn't see this issue anywhere else, all my other ships are high-polygon smooth beauties ;-)

After the last patch (8th of November) the issue with the nacelles and pylons seems to be fixed - all that remains are the windows on discovery and cochrane saucers, that are still floating above the surface (and on the bottom of the cochrane saucer, windows are only visible from a certain distance - they disappear if I view the ship's surface from up close)
  • wolfkaboomthe1stwolfkaboomthe1st Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    [img][/img]uSfDCkl.jpg
    @chrian thanks for fixing the floating issues with the pylons and nacelles there is a couple more minor issues left with windows and details which i have added in picture