test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[STAR TREK DiSCOVERY] | Theories - Spoiler Zone |

12345679»

Comments

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    You are missing form of 'resurrection' that they could implement. Culber could exists as a being that only Stamets can see just like how Holden is the only person that can see Miller in The Expanse. So Culber does not come back to life. Whether it is a hallucination of Stamets' mind or is a representation of the Mycellial Network are both possibilities.
    A Force Ghost? Ugh...

IF Culber was just a figment of Stamet's spore-damaged mind, then sure. Something similar to a secondary personality that resembles Culber or a personification of his conscious or subconscious. It's not really resurrection, but the character can continue to influence Stamets. This version would probably be unsatisfying since it would have little opportunity to improve; it would just show up when Stamet's needs a "pep talk" of some kind.

Otherwise, it would be some kind of "Force Ghost" projection of Culber from the all-powerful Mycelial Network. Which would totally suck.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    redvenge wrote: »
    Otherwise, it would be some kind of "Force Ghost" projection of Culber from the all-powerful Mycelial Network. Which would totally suck.

The Mycelial Network certainly sounds like the Force. The Force might be the Star Wars universe version of the Mycelial Network. After all, Culber supposedly became one with the Mycelial Network.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Other
    garaks31 wrote: »

Waah! But they can't move or emote in that makeup!!1!!

Except in Kol's duel with Burnham and here obviously but they don't count... hey look at that on the wall...​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!