test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I wanna go fast

jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
I've been doing more battlegrounds and RAs recently, and I'm always the last person there...the cube is gone before I arrive, etc

So let's say I have a build, but the warp core and engine are wide open. What should I pick for speed?

Bonus points if it helps me stay stable in undine space. :-)

Comments

• Options
    jaephjaeph Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Thank you much. I was wondering how those peeps were doing it.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    There's also using Full Impulse once you're out of combat (PC: Click the double up-arrow above the throttle control or hit Shift+R Console: Press and hold up on the D-Pad). Also used often is Evasive Maneuvers, which you can use even when in combat (PC: hit P and drag it to the action bar to a number you want. Console: Will be found in the ship/captain function wheel [not sure which button to hold down as I don't play STO on Console])
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    There's also liberal use of Emergency Power to Engines, especially in tandem with the doff that recharges Evasive Maneuvers when EPtE is used. (I don't often use EPTE, I'm more of an EPTW/EPTS man, but if you need hot nasty speed like Eleanor Roosevelt was talking about, EPTE can help.)
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Competitive Engines, Emergency Power To Engines, Evasive Maneuvers and Deuterium Surplus. Don't use them at once and don't use them at full impulse.

In order to increase your full impulse, you have a trait: Lead Foot.

There are big drawbacks in being the first there.
    It's hard to turn/control your ship.
    You'll be a main target.
    You may be out of your firing arc/range due to inertia issues.

Let the tanks or vapers be first. Vapers usually vape the first target, then everyone else should be there, backing them up.
  • Options
    One thing that I run into is that sometimes it takes longer for red alert to end before you can go to full impulse. I wish where was a way to force cancel red alert to get underway sooner.