test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about a Cloak Projection Unit (Consumable)

ulmanchunulmanchun Member Posts: 135 Arc User
Think of it a comsumable version of a cloaking device that has alot of glitches. It is cheep to make. You buy them is some shady places with drozona, some alcove on DS9 from some smuggler and other such places like new romulus lower area if they ever open a map for that. We have scene story plot armor wise captain given cloak abilities when the ship we use does not have a cloak. So a way to fix that plot hole it we can buy one. It it will a limited attempts for use thing. you can buy a stock pile of them but only equip one unit at a time into a ship device slot or scale it down to a personal device slot for people like the holographic disguise thing. So again make it glitchy so if you make a attempt to use it and fails it still counts as a use so if you have 12 uses and burn through 5 uses because if failure. it will not make it an Over powered item. If you use these items alot might as well just get a hip with some kind of actual cloak. The one reason to buy it is that this can act like a battle but will randomly short out and expose you because game balance. That is my pitch please make it happen because seems like a possible discover era device. If such device does show up on screen please make it.

Oh yeah, people to get them from....ferengi... so latnium store or something, if delta quadrant those smuggler guys in open space, random traders that move around and of course mudd.

I know people say this is stupid or wishful thinking but i hope a dev would make something like this happen. The treaty of .... whatever states the federation cannot develop cloaks but have been seen using them in missions in game and on screen. Of course they didn't make them... they bought them... loop hole.

Comments

• generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I would rather have it as a console, not a consumable, or even better yet, a ship trait.

there is a ship in ST: Armada II that that will cloak nearby ships for a period of time using AOE principles. that's my picture of how it would work.

I also think it should be a romulan only ability, with it able to cloak nearby allies in say.... 5 Km range. allies would still be able to use their weapons, and still have shields. the one using the projected cloak would not have weapons, but would still have shields and have a large stealth boost, but not be cloaked (maybe something akin to Warp signature masking III). attempting to use weapons or taking a certain amount of damage would cancel the cloak projection. Oh.... also.... while using the projected cloak, the user could not use cloak themselves, and any powers that added stealth (like quantum singularity manipulation or any core powers), would not stack to increase stealth or cause a cloak to occur.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...