test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vor´Cha / Ktinga Canon Hardpoints

rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
Is it please possible to have the hardpoint for one beam weapon in the middle of the front like shown in Way of the Warrior. For the players like me wo want to play canon this would be a really nice addition

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ktingas_attack_ds9.jpg

wayofwarrior2_656.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    also add a set bonus for the Vor'Kang and Vor'ral consoles.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Maybe rig it like the dual beam banks on a Galor, but single beam arrays won't work out as well due to some of the angles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    that nose hardpoint was originally a sensor on the D7, converted to a torpedo launcher in TMP, and a beam weapon in DS9
    Spock.jpg

• kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    also add a set bonus for the Vor'Kang and Vor'ral consoles.

they didn't make a bonus for them? seriously? I toyed with the idea of buying the Vor'Kang...but that means no.
    kaggert27 wrote: »
    they didn't make a bonus for them? seriously? I toyed with the idea of buying the Vor'Kang...but that means no.

The problem with making a set with the Vor'ral and Vor'Kang is that there would be no Federation equivelent whatsoever. The Narendra doesn't have a low tier counterpart that is in the C-Store that comes with a console. In fact... neither the T3 mission reward Ambassador or the T5 Ambassador Retrofit come with consoles at all.

I'd still suggest picking up the Vor'Kang though. Not only would it unlock more parts for customizing your Vor'ral, its another admiralty card for KDF that is actually Engineering and not Tactical, with 35 Eng/21 Tac/16 Sci and -10% maintenance per sci or tac ship. So while a lower end card, it has its uses, especially if you loaded up a bunch of tac and have one slot left over. Also... Isometric Charge is fun to play with regardless of set bonus or no. Even if you don't intend to use it on your ship... slapping that on a shuttle might be worth the lulz.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    kaggert27 wrote: »

The problem with making a set with the Vor'ral and Vor'Kang is that there would be no Federation equivelent whatsoever. The Narendra doesn't have a low tier counterpart that is in the C-Store that comes with a console. In fact... neither the T3 mission reward Ambassador or the T5 Ambassador Retrofit come with consoles at all.

I'd still suggest picking up the Vor'Kang though. Not only would it unlock more parts for customizing your Vor'ral, its another admiralty card for KDF that is actually Engineering and not Tactical, with 35 Eng/21 Tac/16 Sci and -10% maintenance per sci or tac ship. So while a lower end card, it has its uses, especially if you loaded up a bunch of tac and have one slot left over. Also... Isometric Charge is fun to play with regardless of set bonus or no. Even if you don't intend to use it on your ship... slapping that on a shuttle might be worth the lulz.

So the Feds wouldn't have a set? Is that a huge thing that they have to have, or nobody can? Is this what's it's coming to, where everything has to be pretty much homogenized across the board, except for the Feds pulling ahead frequently? Would you raise hell if a Nausicaan set came out that included the Plasmonic Leech in its bonus? Or the Ning'tao with its Quad Disruptor cannons? Oh wait. You already have something with that, for the DEFIANT. It's not like the Feds don't have their own stuff that the KDF are missing out on. How many temporal ships again, for example? Can you give a number of how many flyable zen store TOS Orion ships made it into the game? How's about an Intel specialized science or tactical ship? M6 computer? Experimental Dauntless science ship? T6 Carrier? And the Romulans/JH got bent over and boned on not having a second ship pack in a row to represent them. The Destroyer pack could've fielded a T6 Ha'feh.

The Feds don't have a set bonus with the Auxilliary Induction Coils option that KDF do(The T1 B'rel BoP), and still manage just fine.

Do the Feds have to dump 4 fleet modules in for a Fleet T5-U Tor'kaht(arguably the best battlecruiser that the KDF can get), because there's no zen store equivalent? It doesn't have a console either. The Kamarag doesn't have a console either.

Let the KDF have a set. It won't hamstring the Feds if they don't have every little thing that the KDF have. Even "alliance" members have their own secrets.

Also, contrary to what a lot of people assume, the KDF *IS* loaded to the gills with Engineering ships. The only thing that it's not high on the hog with, is Science oriented.
    Did you need to come across as instantly combative?
    I'd like the T5 Kamarag Retrofit to come back. And the Fleet T5U Tor'khat had now pretty much been supplanted by the Fleet T6.

Before going on a rant... consider that the situation also follows the route they took with the T6 Negh'Tev. They didn't make a set for that ship because there was no C-Store T5 either.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Is it please possible to have the hardpoint for one beam weapon in the middle of the front like shown in Way of the Warrior. For the players like me wo want to play canon this would be a really nice addition

wayofwarrior2_656.jpg

Have you tried shifting weapons around in the forward slots?

Sometimes position there affects where the weapon fires from on the ship model.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited November 2018

wayofwarrior2_656.jpg

Have you tried shifting weapons around in the forward slots?

Sometimes position there affects where the weapon fires from on the ship model.

Pretty sure the slots have zero impact on the hardpoints used, the exception being some of the Omni-Directional beam arrays that will use either front or rear hardpoints depending on where they are slotted.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The Defiant pieces are part of a set if you're Fed, but the KDF version offers nothing.

Unfair comparison, considering Feds have no choice but to sacrifice a console slot for a cloak in order to get the full set bonus. Its a trade off to get something most KDF players enjoy as innate. Full Defiant set I think includes a Battle Cloak, which every BoP comes with naturally. Also to get the most out of the Defiant set, you'd also have to be locked into Phaser rather than your preferred damage type because of the Phaser Quad Cannons.
    Why am I getting hostility all of a sudden?

I'm not trying to pick fights, yet I'm getting people shooting combative responses at me this week.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    Problem with "canon" hardpoints with anything other then federation ships is that, there isn't any for the most part, Only D7/K'tinga (only thing that changes in the hole in the head), B'rel (more or less same thru out) and T'liss(used the same footage for firing in all apparances IIRC) have consistent hard points for the most part.

The hard points on the Vor'cha are all over the place, with that spot shown in the OP sometimes being a torp launcher, also the tips of the "fork" may or may not be energy weapons depending on the episode and so on.

Hell even the hero ships aren't consistent with their hardpoints with GCS sometimes having a phaser in the torp launcher.
This discussion has been closed.