[PC] The Discovery Starter Pack!

12345679»

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    ... work of basement dwelling trolls.

I thought Trolls lived under bridges?

Trolls moved from living under bridges to their mothers' basement in the late 90s and early 2000s. Some trolls still live under bridges according to a documentary from College Humor.

At least the ones who were kicked out of their mother's basements?
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    dragnridr wrote: »
    If something could be improved on the ship, I think by making the weapons scaleable, and by having the consoles match the tier of ship you should be in, for example tier 1 should have the console layout of a tier 1 ship, tier 2 should be of tier 2 and so on. Just having a 3,2,2 layout when you reach tier 4 is almost underpowered for the tier. Otherwise it's a nice ship and I hope that the Devs see their mistake by Romulan and KDF versions as well.

The weapons ARE scaleable - just pushed my toon up to level 21, and I can see they doing more damage.
    The weapon damage is shown different when the emiter linked phasers are in inventory, and different when the weapons are equipped on ship.
    The scale is somewhat lower than the blue TOS era phaser beams, but not by much.

Edit:
    Btw., I think that that neat Discovery era Bird-of-Preys would make very nice scaleable ship for KDFs.

I'm sure that the Discovery era Bird-of-Prey will be a probable lock box ship or at least a Lobi ship since it will be SO popular. Cryptic will cash-in as much as possible when they have a very desirable item & it is tough to blame them. The only problem is with Cryptic's unaccountable "gambling" mechanics.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    If something could be improved on the ship, I think by making the weapons scaleable, and by having the consoles match the tier of ship you should be in, for example tier 1 should have the console layout of a tier 1 ship, tier 2 should be of tier 2 and so on. Just having a 3,2,2 layout when you reach tier 4 is almost underpowered for the tier. Otherwise it's a nice ship and I hope that the Devs see their mistake by Romulan and KDF versions as well.

The weapons ARE scaleable - just pushed my toon up to level 21, and I can see they doing more damage.
    The weapon damage is shown different when the emiter linked phasers are in inventory, and different when the weapons are equipped on ship.
    The scale is somewhat lower than the blue TOS era phaser beams, but not by much.

Edit:
    Btw., I think that that neat Discovery era Bird-of-Preys would make very nice scaleable ship for KDFs.

HOW can you tell/verify that they ARE Scaling? Whether in Inventory or equipped on a ship, the Array's Damage is an unchanging 150; regardless of the Level of the Character. I have had a few alts claim them so far, and not seeing any difference from 10 to 42.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »

Edit:

HOW can you tell/verify that they ARE Scaling? Whether in Inventory or equipped on a ship, the Array's Damage is an unchanging 150; regardless of the Level of the Character. I have had a few alts claim them so far, and not seeing any difference from 10 to 42.

My speculation is that the scaling probably ceases at level 30 just like the ship but I could be incorrect there. Make sure the weapons are equipped on the ship for one then make sure you are in space for accurate readings like in the Sol area, in Sector space, or even in space combat. Anyways, that usually will offer most accurate reading.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »

Edit:
    I kept a Mk1 phaser I got from a mission and compared them to that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    The only way I was able to tell was by looking at the DPS. When the beam array was in my inventory it was rated at ~120DPS and then when slotted at Level 650 it was ~450DPS, I also notice that the DPS didn’t adjust until I went to the next area
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I am seeing a difference in power as the character levels too, though it is not a big one. The experimental Walker on one account is still as viable without swapping or upgrading the pew-pew phasers as the same level character on my other account which does not have the starter pack and uses the usual manually upgraded weapons and the usual ships (including a z-store Rhode Island). Of course they are both just short of level thirty so I do not know if the phasers stop leveling there yet.

The only down side is that if you do not purchase extra boff slots you have to run with the lesser engineer slot empty for a little while due to the progression of starter boff types if you get the ship as soon as you can claim it (which is not an insurmountable problem by any means).

Even though I am not a fan of the new series I will miss the experimental Walker, it is a nice little ship.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Having checked the Walker on a few alts now, I am (over the last 24 hrs) seeing the stat adjustments on the BAs. With the sole exception of 2256 Starfleet Academy, I am not seeing any stat changes on the ground; only in Space Zones.
    But they are scaling and I am loving them!
    Of my 2 DSC Captains, I am using a TOS/DSC hybrid build on the 1st, and DSC Phasers/Plasma on the 2nd. Some of my other, older alts have also claimed a Walker, and greatly enjoying them! My Ferengi Tac is rocking it, with a mix of DSC phasers & Ferenginar Plasma, and one Agony phaser DBB for variety. Loving that combo!
    Bonus Good news! I left my 2nd DSC Cpt in 2256 at Lv 5, and he was able to claim a Walker! So he will get to finish the 2256 missions in style!
    I plan to get this pack for my other accounts as soon as I can afford them!
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Those Beam Arrays used to show a DPS of 1 on Ground. They have corrected it somewhat over the last few years.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns