test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

shields...SHIELDS!

upshurgupshurg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I’m currently level 63 and am replaying the klingon episodes as I’m just now realizing the importance of r&d and because I can’t seem to last more than a few shots in the “out in the cold” mission...

I’ve been working on shield emitters and amplifiers as well as higher grade phasers and torpedos...I get the breen bad TRIBBLE down 1/10 and I get blasted out of the sky

My shields are getting drained to nothing after only 2-3 hits!

replaying the klingons missions I’m doing no better, guess the game ups the difficulty on these early episodes? before I blew warbirds out of the sky like nothing, not now

I just replayed the enterprise c tasha yar mission and when in the ent c I could just sit there and take shot after shot with shields never droppong below 97%! but my ship gets a few shots and whamo 20%!

I upgraded to a t6 with 4 slots for everything and even have class xii in everything from weapons to consols (and yup I have the correct type consols for type of weapons) yet I’m getting blasted by everyone.

Since shields are the issue I’ll forgo weapons;
I have temporal dreadnought t6

xii cov shield array (6925.9 cap 10% bleed, 930.4/6 sec rest)

x positron deflector (+15 rest, +15 hull cap, +15 shield cap)

x jem’hadar combat impulse

ii field stab warp core (+2.5 shield pwr, +5 shield pwr) [only major obvious weakness to me]

consols
engineering
universal chrinotachyon (+15 hull cap)
xi ablative armor (24.4 phasar, disruptor, plasma, and tachyon resistance)
xii monotanoum alloy (32.5 phys and kenetic res)
viii neutronium alloy (11.3 all res)

science
xii emitter array (26.2 shield rest)
x emitter array (22.5 rest)
shield amp (20.6% regeneration)

am I missing something? I don’t expect to dominate but good grief only a few shots and my shields go to nearly zero !?

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    When was the last time you checked your traits. The years old unslotting trait bug is still around and you'd be amazed at how big of a difference they make. Pretty much every time I've found myself feeling like I've got paper armor and I'm shooting spitballs it turns out my traits unslotted on the map change yet again.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • upshurgupshurg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @arionisa said:
    > When was the last time you checked your traits. The years old unslotting trait bug is still around and you'd be amazed at how big of a difference they make. Pretty much every time I've found myself feeling like I've got paper armor and I'm shooting spitballs it turns out my traits unslotted on the map change yet again.

just before I posted :/ they’re still there.
  • upshurgupshurg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    they regenerate fine but they just can’t take a hit.

I have finished everything from klingon to cardassian episodes as well as yesterdays war...does the game hust up the enemy firepower at this point?