test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unsupported display mode.

afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
edited November 2018 in Graphical and Sound Issues
I had an issue with the tailor not working, and I really wish that was still my primary problem. I kicked all the graphics settings up, no problem. Then I went to resolution, it was set to 1280x1024 from my old monitor, now I'm using a 17 inch TV as my display, which uses the resolution 1440x900, so I set that in the game client. And the TV cut input. Says Unsupported display mode. I couldn't Alt Tab, I couldn't Ctrl shift escape. I had to hard cycle my computer, and now I can't load the game. Would running it in safe mode work?

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    afreeby, I am not sure your problem should be placed in the Graphical and Sound Issues section but in the PC, Network, and other Technical Issues part of the Support forums.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Nah, it was definitely a graphics issue, as the PC and the game still ran fine, it just shut off the display because it was out of range. Safe mode did fix it, but I didn't want to reply to myself. Best guess is I chose one of the different refresh frequencies, and I'm pretty solidly locked to 60hz. Reading a bit more around here, my Tailor problem is a known issue with ATI drivers. Which is funny, because Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force ALSO has problems with ATI cards.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    afreeby wrote: »
    Nah, it was definitely a graphics issue, as the PC and the game still ran fine, it just shut off the display because it was out of range. Safe mode did fix it, but I didn't want to reply to myself. Best guess is I chose one of the different refresh frequencies, and I'm pretty solidly locked to 60hz. Reading a bit more around here, my Tailor problem is a known issue with ATI drivers. Which is funny, because Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force ALSO has problems with ATI cards.

Ok, I did not know that. It just sounded like a technical issue and not a graphics issue. Thanks for clearing that up. Carry on and play STO. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    looking back, it was definitely a PEBCAK issue, I didn't pay attention to refresh rates when selecting the higher resolution. Thankfully, Selecting Options in the STO launcher and scrolling to Game, I was able to tick the safe mode box, which kicks you down to an 800x600 windowed resolution, allowing me to make my trip to New Romulus. You helped me by replying, so I wasn't talking to myself.