test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XBox Great Disappointment

magnussw40kmagnussw40k Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Why is it that after grinding for over a month to get to Tier V and completing the space and ground sets, I find out that I cannot equip my bridge officers to wear the same gear in the tailor? This would seem to be a major game feature to have your away team wearing the same type of gear. Nowhere could I find an explanation or a warning that this doesn't work.

I really love this game and have played it on PC and XBox(lifetime) on and off for years and have spent several hundred dollars on both to support the game.

This discovery has sadly taken the wind out of my sails. :(

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Are you talking about costumes? There are costume unlock projects that need to be run in the Reputation after completing the Ground Sets in order to unlock the costumes in the Tailor. Some sets have a separate tab, though, so you'll have to go under the Uniform tab at the top and change it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Are you talking about costumes? There are costume unlock projects that need to be run in the Reputation after completing the Ground Sets in order to unlock the costumes in the Tailor. Some sets have a separate tab, though, so you'll have to go under the Uniform tab at the top and change it.

Yeah, this.

I have been able to put my bridge officers in all the Reputation Armors. Look in your rep tab for a costume unlock, should cost 5 marks and unlocks the costume option. I use the Omega, MACO, and the Honor Guard on my BoFFs just fine. I have also used the Terran and the Voth costumes.. they should work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • magnussw40kmagnussw40k Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Does it work for any other reps besides Task Force Omega? Is there one for Iconian costumes? How can I tell if it works for boffs before I grind for the set?

Also, I'm asking about on the XBox. I know it works on PC.

Thanks
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    My space barbie game isn't as strong as some of the other folks here on the forums or even my cohort above, but for the most part barring select exceptions you should be able to use quite a few of the outfits on your boffs as well as yourself. The costume unlocks are reputation specific, meaning if hypothetically you completed the project to unlock the omega outfit, it would only give access to the outfit in that reputation. It wouldn't for example also give access to the dyson costume unlocks as those also have their own projects to complete.

If you're able to get to it on the PC I would advise paying a visit to the Tribble server and make your way to Drozana on that server as there is a special testing console that will let you level up, get access to marks, dilithium etc. If there is a specific reputation unlock you're wanting to test that's about the best way to do it is to go there.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
    My gripe is that it is immersion breaking for an away team to beam down and the only member of the crew wearing armor is the captain.

Is there a way to test XBox?

Is there a list of PC features that don't work on XBox?
    edited November 2018
    Well I've completed Gamma and Omega ground sets. Both costumes are available for my captain but not for bridge officers.

As far as I can tell, none of the rep costumes work for bridge officers on the XBox.

I hope I'm wrong.

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I know that even on PC some rep visuals are captain only. Temporal for instance. Omega though should definitely be available for BOFFs.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Did you try changing the tab at the top from Uniform to Omega?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    There are only a couple of the rep outfits that seem to work on boffs on console.
    The lukari one works but I'm not sure about others.

One thing that would be great to see is a wider range of armour visuals (we get so many different armours through the game), space barbie with the matching away teams would be great. I'd love to have my all Gorn away team in honour guard armour...that would be a sight.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Even though some of the armors are not accessible, but a lot of the helmets are avaialable for BOFFS.
    Did you try changing the tab at the top from Uniform to Omega?

I don't believe there is a tab on XBox.
This discussion has been closed.