test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth and Qo'nos Reputations

tron1001tron1001 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I believe it's time for a dedicated reputation to both Earth and Qo'nos similar to the New Romulus reputation where we get phasers and disruptors that have two standard procs like the romulan plasma weapons.

Phasers: These FED weapons have the standard random subsystem offline for 5 sec chance but it would also gain the benefit of the -25 to all power levels for 5 sec that polaron weapons get.

Disruptors: These KDF weapons have the standard -10 to all damage resistance for 15 sec but it would also gain the benefit of -X damage to all shields that tetryon weapons get.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There already is a phaser-polaron dual proc weapon.

One phaser variant they could do are the canon plasma phasers mentioned in TNG: The Best Of Both Worlds as an upcoming anti-borg weapon.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    dual proc weapons like Phased Polaron tend to actually be inferior in damage output due to sacrificing a mod for the second proc anyways.

And while I'm not opposed to Tetryon like some are... you'd have a LOT of disruptor people getting pitchforks and torches over the idea of "gimping" one of the better damage types by adding a Tetryon proc. Yea some might use it, but the way some of the community is... probably not a good idea.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I'm sure the next reputation will be Discovery related. I think they should do one more rep, make it phaser-based, and make it the final reputation. Time to come up with something new.
  • tron1001tron1001 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    dual proc weapons like Phased Polaron tend to actually be inferior in damage output due to sacrificing a mod for the second proc anyways.

Thank you for reminding me on that one. lol

After watching those episodes again that would be an amazing combo. If we follow that path, we can have disruptors that have their regular proc plus the phaser proc. Now I know that spiral disruptors exist but they're locked behind paywalls.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    tron1001 wrote: »
    I believe it's time for a dedicated reputation to both Earth and Qo'nos..

I think 12 Reputations is already way too many.

This game needs more Reputations like it needs more bugs. The idea is cool, just no more reputations.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Maybe make them Specialization trees? I don't mind filling those out.

Frankly, I think there is MORE than ENOUGH gear in the game already.
    It is difficult enough trying to keep up with what is already available. And, you know, they are going to keep adding on to it, anyways....with every lockbox, every episode, every event...etc..
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Maybe make them Specialization trees? I don't mind filling those out.

Frankly, I think there is MORE than ENOUGH gear in the game already.
    It is difficult enough trying to keep up with what is already available. And, you know, they are going to keep adding on to it, anyways....with every lockbox, every episode, every event...etc..
    What's there to keep up? It's all the same.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Wouldn't Fleet gear stand in for this?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    This game needs more Reputations like it needs more bugs. The idea is cool, just no more reputations.

Then what would you propose we have to work on for endgame content then? Because those reps actually DO give us something to work on after we're all done with the currently available story missions. Like it or not, Rep Tracks actually do give us things to work on in the endgame, otherwise... what do we have?

STFs? What's the point if there's nothing to work towards by doing them?
    The endless grind for Dilithium? And spend it on what? Fleet projects?

I keep seeing people saying "we don't need any more Reps", yet don't provide an alternative at all to replace reps with. Rep grind is Endgame content connected to certain areas. That is a fact. Take it away and what do we have left? Mastering ships only gets one so far before you don't have a ship to master. Chasing DPS? No. Not everyone is trying to squeeze out every last decimal point of performance.

If you're going to call for an end to one set of content... then tell us what you'd like to replace it with! Otherwise why bother other than for the sake of complaining.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Reputations should be account unlocks while the Reputation Equipment Grind should be the Endgame Content. Grinding a new reputation is much easier than grinding 12 reputations for another alt.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Not sure I would say a fed/kdf linked rep would make sense, but maybe a alliance rep would make sense either a current era or temporal one. Like the rep would come out of the starting establishment of the alliance as a organization separated from being federation/kdf/romulan.

I kinda agree it would be more interesting an less daunting if reps were a account linked an not character linked factor. So instead of having to level each rep on each character it would be more that each character would donate resources to level reps that are account wide, though the amount of marks an rep exp needed to progress the rep might be higher than normal.
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Not sure I would say a fed/kdf linked rep would make sense, but maybe a alliance rep would make sense either a current era or temporal one.

We already have a Temporal Rep.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Wouldn't Fleet gear stand in for this?

That'd be my thought. Or crafting. You can whip up normal phasers and disruptors whenever you want. Just keep cranking out those Mk2s till you get a set with [pen].
    asuran14 wrote: »
    Not sure I would say a fed/kdf linked rep would make sense, but maybe a alliance rep would make sense either a current era or temporal one.

We already have a Temporal Rep.

Well that is more for the temporal accord an temporal cold war, not so much the alliance in the future. So when the beginning factors of the alliance begin to come into being an since we are already temporal operatives they could enlist us to deal with missions an elements specific to the alliance (helping form, or defending it;s creation maybe).
    Not all our characters are Temporal Agents though. Jem'Hadar certainly aren't. KDF don't have Temporal Recruits, and normal Feds aren't either. TOS Feds could be considered as such, and maybe even Discovery Feds, but that is not the majority of the characters in game.

Besides, defending the Accords and the Temporal Cold War would probably fall into the "defending the Alliance" category. Especially since the TLF wanted to wipe out the Federation, which was a key member of the Alliance and integral to the Temporal Accords.
    Not all our characters are Temporal Agents though. Jem'Hadar certainly aren't. KDF don't have Temporal Recruits, and normal Feds aren't either. TOS Feds could be considered as such, and maybe even Discovery Feds, but that is not the majority of the characters in game.

Besides, defending the Accords and the Temporal Cold War would probably fall into the "defending the Alliance" category. Especially since the TLF wanted to wipe out the Federation, which was a key member of the Alliance and integral to the Temporal Accords.

Except they kinda are we all play thru the same batch of mission largely, even if they are simulations of missions. So overall everyone has about the same info as most of the temporal agent content are mission-based an the temporal rep is open to all. Yet that would not stop them from attempting it again via trying to drive a wedge into the alliance, but also could see the alliance of the future wanting some agents to witness the actual period of the formation of the alliance as it's own entity.
This discussion has been closed.