test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Run

gregspengregspen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
Is there a trick to get past this part. After falling 35 times and going right back to the beginning I have not played in a week.

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Could you supply a bit more info. I don't even see a mission called Deep Run in stowiki to jog my memory of anywhere to fall in a mission.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    A ground part of Tenebris mission, the 6th in the Gamma Arc (just before Home) - the line is after the tutorial for Jem's.
    You usually run and jump and need to time it well. (for each jump you usually need to run and time this well)
    You'd better see where you have to jump/land, and be able to time it well as well.

It's a tough mission for some, including myself. Especially but not solely some of those with some kinds of disabilities/difficulties (motorical/vision/noticing/coordination etc), low specs or malfunctioning computers or high latency/connectivity issues, or those whom see the environment there as too dark due to lighting issue/bug or brightness not well calibrated.

I could finish it only (shortly) after I used a different (new) computer (though its specs are not high and it' just a temporary computer for me it's much better than the previous one) and it wasn't easy and I think it took me dozens of tries including all.

P.S.
    I hadn't test this mission since the expansion, would expect "new" (returning) lighting issue to appear also on that mission, like it happens with DS9, after the expansion patch, BTW. Which could make it difficult to more people.

NON Jem's should be able to skip it (after overcoming this myself, I saw it's a very nice mission after this frustration is over! though I heard if you died after the jump part you might have to start this jump all over again.) but Jem's can't. They need the whole tutorial and the whole Gamma arc to proceed.
  • gregspengregspen Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thank you. I'll skip for now and try again at another time.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I've found the trick is to be at a dead run while jumping, as a standard walk and jump won't clear some of the gaps.

When I say dead run, I mean do not stop running, as you seemingly cannot build up enough speed to get past it if you switch to walking at all.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    is that the god awful shoot the wall sconces whiel dumping across the moving platforms?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    > @nixie50 said:
    > is that the god awful shoot the wall sconces whiel dumping across the moving platforms?

No, that's Dust to Dust, part of Delta Rising.

This is in Victory is Life.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    oh this is the one with the hurq.. I remember yeah you don't wanna try fighting him
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    gregspen wrote: »
    Is there a trick to get past this part. After falling 35 times and going right back to the beginning I have not played in a week.

I really don't know what to suggest here, because the first (and so far only time) I ran it, I had no problem at all and just did it by sprinting and pressing the space bar at the right moment.

Maybe it might help sometimes to adjust camera settings. There is a mode where the camera always tries to move back behind your character - I'd deactivate that, because it's annoying and gives you more control over what you can see, making it easier to see when you need to jump and to what point. It might particularly to help to ensure that you angle the camera so you can see more of what's below and directly in front of you?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Timing. It all comes down to timing on the run-and-then-jump part. You do need to be running when you do this part. I have played this on all my chars. It is frustrating to make it all the way to the last jump and then die. I know this from doing so fifteen times in a row on my Fed SciGuy. Which explains why he went down the Science track.

"Dammit, Jim! I'm a researcher, not a track star!"

Guess I wasn't smart enough to quit playing this mission, either.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.