test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
After a brief sojourn into The Nexus, the Arena of Sompek returns on PC this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11012313

Comments

• Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Thank you for bringing it back so soon. Any complimentary tokens or extra day for last time's messy roll out?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    *sigh* just my luck, Sompek comes back when I'm building my new PC so my gametime is iffy, well it's not Cryptic's fault. They couldn't have known nor should they care about it anyway.
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Happy to see the Arena back, though one question. All of the arena rewards are claimable on new toons except the Sompek Pulsewave, can or will this become available in the future for new toons on accounts that had already completed it beforehand; as the other rewards are?
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Hopefully it is fixed this go around. Double rewards would be hot, just sayin...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    storules wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing it back so soon. Any complimentary tokens or extra day for last time's messy roll out?​​

Nope. But anyone who was lucky enough to get a token before will have a head start.

Besides... its a weekend event. Not a full 3 week one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Happy to see the Arena back, though one question. All of the arena rewards are claimable on new toons except the Sompek Pulsewave, can or will this become available in the future for new toons on accounts that had already completed it beforehand; as the other rewards are?

Sompek Pulsewave was not wekeend event, but 14-voucher event (I think). The store tab name is also named "Weekend Event" not "Sompek Arena Event"
  • Options
    Also the Sompek Pulsewave was pre Account Unlock.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    furiouspurposefuriouspurpose Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The in-game calendar is a bit off now, Sompek not yet shown in calendar and in addition the mission journal doesn't show ANY upcoming event.
  • Options
    Give it time. Should show up by tomorrow.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I think the Sompek Pulsewave should go into the Phoenix box. Preferably as a rare or very rare.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'll believe it when I see it & am able to play it, Cryptic. Or maybe this is Cryptic's plan to have us play it for a token one weekend at a time. Some sort of new event scheduling lol.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    If the Arena implementation crashes and burns this weekend too - can you roll out the Tholian RA as a replacement? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is obvious that the major changes they made with AoD broke portions of Sompek. We will be getting fallout from that as other Events roll out.

As long as you have Weekend Vouchers you can buy and Account unlock any and all previous Sompek WEEKEND rewards. The fourteen day Sompek, if you didn't run it at the time, will probably have to wait for addition to the Phoenix as suggested above. It'll have to get in line behind the ISS Stadi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Removed - not allowed to say the truth on what needs to happen. :(
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    > @themadprofessor#9835 said:
    > I think the Sompek Pulsewave should go into the Phoenix box. Preferably as a rare or very rare.

That's likely the plan.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Arena of Sompek 2: The Returnering! :|

If it can just stay unbroken for 2 days I'll get the meh shield I'll dump off on one of my boffs...

1.) they can't 'bring it back' unless it actually was here before for it's full duration.
    2.) thanking them for fixing something that shouldn't have been put out live broken in the first place seems like... Stockholm Syndrome? Or is it just that our competency bar for Cryptic is so low we didn't expect them to get it fixed for 6 months, if ever. :/

"Oh waiter, I'd like to thank you for not spilling that huge plate of food on my lap! You are so wonderful!"
    Yeah... the bare minimum of competency is not something you generally thank someone for doing.

Now about my Echo Papa Drone STILL stopping me from running...
    The Voth outfit hips layer still having 'too much gravity' issue...
    etc...
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Fixed or simply rolled back to the previous incarnation where waves would spawn but you might need some mortars that can fire outside the boundaries to kill them?
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Advice to anyone playing the timed version. DO NOT PLAY IT PAST ROUND 6. Just play it to the point where the weekend token is given and die as a team. What is it 25/30mins of shooting enemies ?. Just decided to PUG it got stuck in a team that wanted to play till the end, well round 28 and a hefty 83 marks (less if I didn't use the rep bonus vouchers from lockboxes) and 600 dil.

Unless you're going in it for how far can I get, marks and dil reward is not worth the time spent there if you just drop in for the voucher and don't exploit the 5 and die tactic .

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited November 2018

If it can just stay unbroken for 2 days I'll get the meh shield I'll dump off on one of my boffs...
    Thank you for bringing it back so soon. Any complimentary tokens or extra day for last time's messy roll out?

1.) they can't 'bring it back' unless it actually was here before for it's full duration.
    2.) thanking them for fixing something that shouldn't have been put out live broken in the first place seems like... Stockholm Syndrome? Or is it just that our competency bar for Cryptic is so low we didn't expect them to get it fixed for 6 months, if ever. :/

"Oh waiter, I'd like to thank you for not spilling that huge plate of food on my lap! You are so wonderful!"
    Yeah... the bare minimum of competency is not something you generally thank someone for doing.

Now about my Echo Papa Drone STILL stopping me from running...
    The Voth outfit hips layer still having 'too much gravity' issue...
    etc...

I guess one should not ever expect things to work out as smooth as intended when it comes to STO.

There is no harm in asking normal-1.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling demands moderated out. - BMR)

oh well soo much for the shield, thanks for letting me know it isnt gonna happen. :(
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Advice to anyone playing the timed version. DO NOT PLAY IT PAST ROUND 6. Just play it to the point where the weekend token is given and die as a team. What is it 25/30mins of shooting enemies ?. Just decided to PUG it got stuck in a team that wanted to play till the end, well round 28 and a hefty 83 marks (less if I didn't use the rep bonus vouchers from lockboxes) and 600 dil.

Unless you're going in it for how far can I get, marks and dil reward is not worth the time spent there if you just drop in for the voucher and don't exploit the 5 and die tactic .
    Puny weakling! Timed is so you can speedrun and see how many waves you can crush in only 20 minutes!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Puny weakling! Timed is so you can speedrun and see how many waves you can crush in only 20 minutes!

I did the timed so it would timeout if I got stuck till the end. I find the map boring, its the same thing for x time with different skins and the odd different skill a NPC uses. If this was a permanent TFO it would top of my avoid like the plague list and bail every time if a random TFO threw me into it. Too long/tedious and poor rewards until you start hitting level 30 and over but thats over 25 mins plus of play. Can't think of any other TFO that takes this long with poor returns for the time spent in it

Only 1 more run needed for the token. I think I shall look for a sompek suicide team.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This gentleman makes more sense.

https://youtu.be/ke5Mr5eCF2U
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Heh, after getting the shield, it's pretty OP. It comes at purple with Cap*2 Reg, and a stack of other abilities. So yeah, it's definitely equal to rep gear set items.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

Heh, after getting the shield, it's pretty OP. It comes at purple with Cap*2 Reg, and a stack of other abilities. So yeah, it's definitely equal to rep gear set items.

Good to know about the shield. I figured it would definitely help during Sompek but wondered about its usefulness outside of that event.

Sompek seems to be operating good & normal this time around.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    nikolunus wrote: »
    Would be nice if they just added it to the existing rewards, for maybe 1 Sompek voucher. Might have to be per character that way, but the account-wide rewards are 3 each, and the event typically runs for 4 days, so I always pick up the spare to save for later, anyway. Admittedly, that might just be me.