test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for suggestions for earning marks in a timely way.

eve1964eve1964 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
I belong to a small fleet, and, no, I will not consider moving, and, I run 4 characters at a time. My old routine was Chrystalline Catastrophe on hard for fleet marks and then, Tholian Red Alert for whichever marks that toon was working on. That was a fast way to do the things I wanted to do. I don't have hours to play the game, so, I liked that system as it was generally very quick to complete, especially on four characters.

Now, it seems that Cryptic wants me to play game content I have ZERO interest in playing. If I did, I would have been playing it before. So, does anyone have a good suggestion for something to replace Tholian Red Alert that would be roughly the same time to complete? I don't mind suggestions that would be for the varying marks, by the way, but, if there is one mission that I am not aware of, that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance,

Eve
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    @eve1964 I suggest that you edit your thread title to be a complete thought reflecting the intent of the thread, please. Incomplete/click bait thread titles are against FCT rules.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Sorry, I'll remember that, baddmoonrizin.

Thanks, szim! Much appreciated! That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for! (You're my favorite!)
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    For comp rep and lukari you may want to make sure to try and do the less tedious endeavours on the chance of a mark choice box. These can be stashed in the bank and bounced to alts via the shared bank although sadly they don't stack so you may fill up an alts bank with them.

Also weigh up how immediate the need for marks is on reps and wait until an event like MI comes along rather than trying to blitz them all asap.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    In general advanced queues or random advanced is the fastest way to earn marks. If you get lucky on a random and you land Starbase One, you can double down on your choice of marks. I recently ran out of Undine marks so I spammed random advanced for about an hour and got back up to 600 marks when I was done.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you just want a 'one stop queue' then you can use Defense of Starbase One. It offers every mark type, it's easy and it fills quickly.

Downside? It gets boring and it's not nearly as quick as something like a Red Alert. As said above, you won't find anything that fast.

In my opinion, the hands down best way to get marks is the RTFO. Join a Random mission, play and have fun. Whatever queue you get, you get a bonus mark box for doing random so you'll always get the mark type you want. You can play whatever pops without having to worry about what type of marks the mission gives.

You get bonus Dilithium, you get the marks from the queue, you get bonus marks of your choice (usually 70-120 marks per mission) and you don't have to do the same thing over.. and over.. and over.. and over.

They actually nailed it with RTFO rewards, it makes it overall the most profitable thing in game for marks and Dilithium.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    To fill out the missing marks my various alts needed for T6 rep, i've been doing:

Temple:Higher Ground on Defera for Omega (tedious and boring, but a break from tedious and boring SB1)
    CCA for Nukara
    Jouret patrol for Romulan (a few interactions, fight 2 ships)
    Dyson random mission from HQ for Dyson
    Argala patrol for Delta

Starbase One for anything else, and keeping an eye on the weekend RA's. Did a bunch of Borg RA last weekend, instead of SB1. Tried Tholian RA two weeks ago, but that was almost as long and tedious as SB1, for many less marks, so...

Oh, and I've made sure that my characters have an active Reputation Mark bonus pool. So 78 marks total for daily patrols, 90-96 marks for Starbase One normal, 150+ for CCA.
    Needless to say, the price of rep bonus pools on the exchange has gone up the last few weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot, everyone! Sorry for taking so long to reply, but, I took some time away from the game! I really appreciate everyone's advice!

Eve
This discussion has been closed.