test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Task Force Kappa is recruiting!

sugartkesugartke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Task Force Kappa is a new FED fleet. That means there is plenty of room for new players and lots of ways to make fleet credits to get all of those fleet consoles you've wanted for so long!

We're a social fleet; happy to help new captains, returning captains, though our founding members are made up of veterans who are happy to run elites with veteran players who are looking for a new fleet to join up with. As our player base is small for now, our main focus is growth. Once we've completed that we're looking to set up weekly events for everyone to participate in!

To join, contact Sugar@SugarTKE via in-game mail. All Federation captains are welcome!

Comments

• aesirkin#9440 aesirkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can you provide some more information about your fleet, such as:

What level are you and what holdings do you have?
    How many active players do you have?
    Do you hold regular events?
    Are new (low level) players welcome?
  • sugartkesugartke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sure! As I said, we're new so holdings are pretty low (between 0 and 1). Active is the core 5 (every day), and we have 15 in total from my last log, and so far they seem a pretty decent bunch of players - active and talkative.

Regarding events - I wrote that already, along with new players being welcome. Events will come as we grow, our goal is to try and hold weekly events once we reach the manpower for it.
  • aesirkin#9440 aesirkin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you. Sorry, you did mention a few of the things I asked about, but I was hoping for some more details, which you did provide. I should have been clearer in my original post, but I was on a work break and rushing.

I'm very new to STO, and (very much unlike me in MMORPGs) really taking my time trying to learn and enjoy the game as I go. At this point I'm still trying to figure out what I would actually enjoy. But the first fleet I joined had every holding maxed, and all I could think was that the fleet holdings system seemed like a really cool minigame that I'm disappointed to have missed; it's like sitting down to play a game of chess and finding out you're one move away from winning...yeah you won, but it's not fun because you didn't get to actually play the game. So I've been looking for somewhere with lower level holdings to experience the fleet system from the ground up.

The social aspect is important to me as well, but it seems like experience is the only way to know if you really 'mesh' with a group of people. Smaller groups are better, IMO, though. 200+ member guilds always left me feeling like I'm just lost in the crowd. Though I've also heard that holdings are darn near impossible to level without 15+ very active members so I wanted to make sure you weren't a group of 2-3 actives.

I would like to give your fleet a try if you're okay taking a complete noob on as a trial to see how things work out. :)

I don't know if I'll get a chance to log in today, with the holiday and all. But I'll probably try to sign in for a bit tomorrow evening before raid sometime in the 5pm - 8pm EDT time period. I'll try to mail you in-game then for an invite.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Happy Halloween!