test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If the Federation was not a playable faction which of the other 3 factions would you pick and why?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Which of the three other faction is your personal choice or favorite besides the federation. If the federation was not a playable faction in the game which one would you pick? Which would be your most preferred Side?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

If the Federation was not a playable faction which of the other 3 factions would you pick and why? 51 votes

Klingon Defense Force
33%
nightkensophlogimoalexraptorrarabaturwhere2r1warmaker001bpatrickngokyle223catlynce1975theanothernametrennancbrjwrrusskentuckyanoymous#7166kellmg96#5851emily#7094pryor#5476 17 votes
Romulan Republic
60%
bendalekduncanidaho11rex9234garaks31daboholiclordsteve1seaofsorrowstunebreakersandormen123sirsitsalotmarkhawkmanthay8472captainhunter1khan5000crm14916centaurianalphaliantheliapoddliszimkibi#8855 31 votes
Dominion
5%
relicthieftomgonjinn23djf021 3 votes

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    All of them. Because I like diversity, although to be frank I miss the days of DAOC when each faction was actually different. MMO faction is not a hard choice, you can have it all.

I picked up STO solely to play a Klingon and command a Negh'Var. Over time though I was disappointed with the faction, the lack of unique options and now it's all the same.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    I would play both but voted Romulan because I favor them a little more.

Even though they're only a half faction at best.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Considering how my new romulan alt has more and more started to become my pseudo-main (alongside my fed main who has gotten my attention for 5 years almost exclusively) to the point where I've had ppl referring to me as Aeru, this was not a very tough choice for me to make here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Romulan is the best origin even with Fed as an option. Especially now that they have the allied full-tier ships it's absolutely the best option for collectors with most stuff available of all.

Clothes next, please, Cryptic.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Where is "I already play all factions"?

Agreed.

However, without the Federation faction there is no Star Trek Online. The polls have spoken that the players overwhelmingly want to play as part of the Starfleet faction rather than one of the other factions even with the other factions having better advantages like cloaking and more ships available to them.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Klingon Defense Force
    Duh.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Romulan Republic
    I play all, though would pick Romulan if there was no Federation. As much as I like warrior races, I generally prefer the more civilized side. The less evil and/or insane Romulans tend to have Klingons beaten in that regard.

Also; D'deridex.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Umm, probably go back to GW2?

Starfleet or Bust.
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Dominion
    I wouldn't pick Romulans because i'm not a huge fan of their ships and how the singularity cores work compared to standard warp cores. This leaves the Klinks and Dominion. Now both of them don't have a lot of unique content so it comes down to personal preference as far as I'm concerned. The dominion are my second favorite faction in ST so its an easy pick. My favorite ship ingame is the T6 JHDC I like it so much I have two on top of my T5 JHDC that I got a week after they were added to the game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I play all, though would pick Romulan if there was no Federation. As much as I like warrior races, I generally prefer the more civilized side. The less evil and/or insane Romulans tend to have Klingons beaten in that regard.

Also; D'deridex.
    If there had been an option for "Orion Syndicate" I'd have hit that choice, but Romulans it is.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Romulan
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, "I already play all factions". I'm an alt-a-holic who likes to see all the zones/quests/etc that I can.

But, without the Fed, I likely wouldn't have come to the game in the first place. I like their ships a lot more than the other factions'. My KDF and Rom characters most frequently fly neutral or special ships.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Romulans are far more interesting than Klingons, especially since there doesn't seem to be any particular consistent development of the Klingons. In TOS, they were more or less analogs of Russians, and this continued up to the movies, sot of making a point that if it was possible to make peace with the Russians, it would be possible to make peace with the Klingons (or vice-versa, as it was a message meant for the times).

Then in the TNG, they become more of a samurai like warrior culture, focuses on honor. Though somehow despite this, they do a lot of underhanded stuff and fly around in cloaked ships. Then in Discovery, they are space orcs.

Romulans haven't been developed as much, but generally were consistent - basically Space Romans. Civilized, cultured, but treacherous.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Poll is worthless without "All of them" and "other"

All of them, and I do. 4 Romulan, 3 KDF, 1 Jem'Hadar, 2 TOS-Fed, 1 Disco-Fed stayin' alive.

Variety is the spice of life, and the spice must flow.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The premise of this poll seems to be that the Federation IS my preferred choice which it isn't. Klingons and Cardassians are my preferred choices in other Star Trek games like BoTF, SFC3 (with mods) and Armada 2.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    Romulans have always been my favorite race in Star Trek. In Star Fleet Battles I always picked Romulans when given a choice. The republic is a poor imitation of what makes Romulans interesting and different.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Which of the three other faction is your personal choice or favorite besides the federation. If the federation was not a playable faction in the game which one would you pick? Which would be your most preferred Side?

This poll is flawed.
    There are 2 Factions in STO: Fed and KDF.
    You are referring to playable species.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Klingon Defense Force
    I already made that choice. The Klingon Empire. Right when the game launched.

The KDF is also the only other Full Faction outside the Feds. Everybody else are underlings to the Full Factions.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Romulan of course.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Klingon Defense Force
    Klingons! Because warrior culture and Orion hotties that make for awesome Barbarian Women in space!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    Romulan Republic
    Romulans. The cutest pixles ingame. Those pointy ears are awesome.
    Rom-KDF, ofc... ...Feds are weirdos, and not of the fun characters. Just take a look at the chat in ESD. >:)
    /Floozy
This discussion has been closed.