test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online's 2018/2019 Roadmap!

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...good communication...

But seriously, you are gonna cross faction a KDF ship for the winter event?!? Or is the winter event ship gonna be KDF locked? Because if they do a KDF only event ship...all I am gonna say is that is bold...and about damn time. If they are gonna steal a KDF ship...than...BOOOO.

They only say it is Feh'Kiri, not that it is the KDF's Kar'Fi, and they have a number of other classes possible as seen in the Klingon mission where they come through the rift. Personally I am hoping it will be a full science ship (or even a modal one appropriate for whatever captain type you have), they have done the other two departments mostly so far.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Sounds really good! :)

I've really grown to like my AoD character and I look forward to plenty more DISCO related content in the game. With only the starting experience and a couple of AoD missions, I've been left hungry for MOAR!!! :D There are still a lot of things from the show I hope make it to the game like the tactical vest! *wink, wink* ;)
    I do like the DISCO aesthetics and I think Cryptic did a wonderful job bringing them to STO, the Walker bridge is awesome, the Nimitz Class is amazing and the starter Malachowsky Class looks so nice that I truly hope it makes it to T6, if not as a stand-alone at least as a T6 Miranda skin.

And really people, chill out and enjoy the game. AoD has barely even begun, of course it would be all AoD related content on this 6 month roadmap. If anything, I'd expect AoD to continue at least for a year - year and a half if not more, cause it ties nicely with the Season 2 of DISCO and we seemingly have CBS on board for all of this, which is pretty great actually.

So yeah, exciting news and really looking forward to the continuation of the AoD storyline and related content in the game!
    Thanks Cryptic for the transparency and sharing the roadmap with us. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    If it was only KDF only it would defeat the purpose of it being a 'event' ship.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...

This is exactly what they promised it wouldn't be... all Disco all the time. Not even a mention of the coming 40th anniversary of TMP (1979-2019). Classic Trek is dead here. We can't even play the old Classic Trek content anymore because they've stripped most of it out of the game to make it TRIBBLE-compliant.

I've barely played since they announced AoSTD, and I have not logged in once since it launched. It looks like I'll not be doing so until winter event, unless they slime that with TRIBBLE oozings as well. I guess I'll be logging off again after that until summer and Risa, again on the same condition they not Disco that up too.

RIP to STO, 2010-2018. It's STDO now. The only thing they haven't done yet is change the name. But the writing is now clearly on the wall.

Does anyone have a rollback server we could play?

Imagine hating Star Trek this much and yet play this game.

Imagine hating Star Trek so much and making a Star Trek Show...Discovery
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    If you’re leaving the game can I procure your Lobi, EC and/or Dil?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • xenophore#8834 xenophore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is great but I don't see where the crafting missions in the Deferi Invasion Zone are being fixed.
  • axisomega623axisomega623 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Im just a bit confused as to why a Fek'hiri ship is being released as winter? As most of if not all are associated with fire and death (not counting Ketrecel drug addiction)
    Could it be the same as when they released the T5 Jem Bug ship for Winter so long ago..? Is this gonna be the next bug ship in power and stats?
    Q'palaa & Jolan'Tru, --> Beyond Fleet Admiral

iconians.png

"The Iconians and their allies are here...we must stop and save them at the same time before they destroy us...out of TIME"
  • axisomega623axisomega623 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Half way suspected something was off about Cryptic. Recent cloned ships and fed tutorial. That ViL expac must of hit Cryptic harder than they are willing to admit as far as finances are concerned, being that it is written all over their roadmap, virtually little until the mid point of next year, aside from the occasional mission and event, it's rather barren.

If a Fek'ihri ship is coming, that means the Kha'fi carrier needs to be released from the Klingon faction as an exclusive ship, otherwise it makes no sense.

Since we now have been made aware that the Fek'iri are agents of the dominion...so...........yah....
    Q'palaa & Jolan'Tru, --> Beyond Fleet Admiral

iconians.png

"The Iconians and their allies are here...we must stop and save them at the same time before they destroy us...out of TIME"
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Play nice. Belittling players' dissatisfaction is counterproductive if you like playing a game dependent upon the online participation of others.
    +1

+2
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    To all those who want to be negative about this content. Please go do it somewhere else. If you don't like what is up coming in STO them stop playing. Why moan and gripe but still play.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Any chance we can get the old DS9 back? It’s too small and hard to see.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Disco part2 and 3... This is suicide... like Marvel Heroes...prepare yourself for the last year of what use to be a great game...
    ilithyn wrote: »

Imagine hating Star Trek this much and yet play this game.

No kidding! This is the last time I put real world money into this game.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    To all those who want to be negative about this content. Please go do it somewhere else. If you don't like what is up coming in STO them stop playing. Why moan and gripe but still play.

"How dare you speak an opinion that differs from my own? Go away!"

Although I don't hate the TRIBBLE stuff, I think it's dumb, and have no desire to engage in it whatsoever. I actually think it was nice of the devs to inform us about this, as I don't have to bother with STO for a while. No, I'm not being sarcastic, I am grateful and thankful for the warning.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Was hoping for a Snowconian ship or Assimilated Snowmen Icecube for the Winter Event ship, but a non-Breen Winter Event ship is a welcome change.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    eazzie wrote: »
    If you don't like what is up coming in STO them stop playing. Why moan and gripe but still play.

Nah, that's terrible advice. Even if someone is complaining, if they stick around and play they are eventually going to see a ship they like and spend some money, and that money fuels MY content. I couldn't care less if they are whining on a message board as long as they spend some money every now and then. So again, terrible advice.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    If you’re leaving the game can I procure your Lobi, EC and/or Dil?

I'll be playing the Winter and Summer events and hoping there's something else for Classic Trek down the pipe eventually. If that doesn't happen and I do leave permanently, everything transferable I own will go to my fleet. I've already informed my co-owner to promote our second in command to top rank so she can fulfill my duties while I'm away. In the meantime I'll probably delete a few extra characters I never played much anyhow, and sending all they own to the fleet. It's really the least I can do.

So, I suppose I'll see any of you I know in game come December. I can still have some fun killing snow borg and socializing, at least. Then off again until summer, I do love Risa.

I can't imagine living with this sort of mindset.
    I agree. Actually asking somebody if they can have your stuff is well... not in good taste to say the least.

Also, when my own time to take a break from the game comes (and it will), my actions will be exactly the same. It's the least you can do (and the most responsible to other members of your fleet).
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I apologize for my post. I meant it in jest.

> @protoneous said:
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > darthmeow504 wrote: »
    >
    > khan5000 wrote: »
    >
    > If you’re leaving the game can I procure your Lobi, EC and/or Dil?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll be playing the Winter and Summer events and hoping there's something else for Classic Trek down the pipe eventually. If that doesn't happen and I do leave permanently, everything transferable I own will go to my fleet. I've already informed my co-owner to promote our second in command to top rank so she can fulfill my duties while I'm away. In the meantime I'll probably delete a few extra characters I never played much anyhow, and sending all they own to the fleet. It's really the least I can do.
    >
    > So, I suppose I'll see any of you I know in game come December. I can still have some fun killing snow borg and socializing, at least. Then off again until summer, I do love Risa.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I can't imagine living with this sort of mindset.
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree. Actually asking somebody if they can have your stuff is well... not in good taste to say the least.
    >
    > Also, when my own time to take a break from the game comes (and it will), my actions will be exactly the same. It's the least you can do (and the most responsible to other members of your fleet).
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Well I hope we can get Desmond and Meero as bridge officers and maybe a Tilly after i ring her nec...
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Boy I sure do remember when Legacy of Romulus turned STO into Romulans Online for the rest of eternity. That sure was a thing that happened, right, guys?
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    "Battle at the Binary Stars" and "Pahvo Dissension": Are these more "collect 14 tokens over two weeks, 15 minutes per day" events? I'm not sure anyone asked for more those, and frankly, I'm getting tired of them. After two weeks of one of those events, I pretty much don't want to do anything else in the game.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    With the recent AoD patch I was disappointed to discover that the Walker Lobi ship and Crossfield Lockbox did not get Discovery era warp effects :C. Other than that I have actually enjoyed the AoD content to date.
    Also I agree with some of the comments here about the KDF needing some love compared to Starfleet
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    “By what measure? The original Romulan, Cardassian, Borg, and Undine arcs had no story, and now they do. “
    The Romulan expansion I do not class as a revamp as that was a full expansion mostly adding new content over revamping and that was great in fact it was one of the best expansions we had. I have no complaints about that. The Cardassian revamp was one of the few ones which was a revamp and was an improvement. Like I said before not everything added has been done badly.

That is no true about the Borg/Undine had no story. What we have now is butchered cut down story of the strong Borg/Undine integrated throughout the main game and STF’s. Most people know don’t even know what the link is between the Borg space and ground maps now. The whole Undine Borg war got mostly pushed into the background.

“All of those have significantly better map designed compared to the originals, what are you talking about?”
    How are they better? The revamps maps are terrible. The trench run of Into the Breech was turned into a single player map for 1 person to fly in a straight line while the other 4 wait with nothing to do which is a terrible design for a multiplier map. All teamwork removed, all challenge removed, the multiplayer aspects removed. You don’t even have to think about with path to fly down just go in a straight line now. That is not an improvement.

SB24 was x10 more fun with x10 a better map design then Defence of Star Base 1. More so with when it had the ground map included in the original. In SB24 I thought about tactics, thought about which ships to shoot and which to ignore. Thought about which group to engage and which to bypass, how to maximise the score e.c.t. Defence of Base 1 is just sit semi afk in area watching everything fly at you and blow up. No team work, no tactics, no picking and choosing targets needed and no ignoring targets. It’s turned into brain dead blow everything up do not think. Which is far inferior. Plus the ground part of SB24 was fun and added to the story.

NWS is the same it was built around team work, made sense and had tactics. All that got removed and now you have their terrible map design. Along with a ship with a disabled engine that moves faster than my speed ship. Often no matter what you do the ship with no engines due to being badly damaged, fly’s straight into the enemy and dies. If it could move that fast why doesn’t it just fly away as we provide cover fire? It doesn’t make sense from a story point of view and it doesn’t work as a challenge or team map anywhere near as well as the original. How are any of these revamps significantly better?

“-The only change to made to Stranded in Space was that, instead of more Orions
    beaming over, its now Klingons, to further emphasize the Orion/Klingon Alliance.”
    They revamped the graphics to make it worse with the gas that turns into lines when you look at it head on like a 1995 game. Like many of the revamps you have this fuzzy haze all over in the distance which ruins the atmosphere and look of the map. It was a big complaint about the revamped 2.0 graphics that everything has this blur and haze even sealed clean Star Ship environments. The devs have been adding that horrible effect all over the original missions. Then as another example there is the galaxy map which got revamped and all the graphics got reduced and made horrible. The original Suns used to be gorgeous with real nice solar flares. Now we have this flat basic disk like out of a 1995 game.

“The old borg STFs could be played in almost any order because the plots of each individual STF didn't matter or impact the others in any way. Hell, the game never even acknowledged that they happened in any of the story missions either. And in those regards, they are exactly the same now.”
    I am starting to get the impression you never played any of the originals. In the originals, todays different STF maps where combined into the same STF mission with a story that followed though the sections. There was a reason you went from space to ground in the same STF. The story also linked back to the overall main Undine/Borg war story and ongoing Borg invasions and nanovirus virus which started from the original tutorial.

When did you start playing STO?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Well okay, now you have convinced me to take an actual break from the game. It seems to me that you've given up on most of the previous existing player base and have instead decided support new players coming in due to their interest in the current flavor of Trek as well as the some previous players who do like the new flavor of Trek. I really wasn't expecting this game to turn into STDO but okay that's your choice, however it's time for me to move on to something new.

Looks like the Dyson Destroyers won't be getting T6 versions next year, and we won't get a new and original ship pack based on the games actual time line next year either I bet, I probably won't be getting the T6 Oberth I was wishing for either now.