test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Tholian Red Alert Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Tholian Web is tightening on PC this weekend. Go to Red Alert!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11008983

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    First, I enjoyed the flavor text in the blog. Cool story, bro!

But, second - So does this mean we can not join the Tholian Red Alert from the PvE Queue screen anymore? I hate having to fly across sector space to find the glowy red ball.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

But, second - So does this mean we can not join the Tholian Red Alert from the PvE Queue screen anymore? I hate having to fly across sector space to find the glowy red ball.

Yeah sadly Cryptic decided to discard the Red Alerts normalcy to only having it on certain weekends when Cryptic released Age of Discovery. Cryptic could've just added the TFO & randomness options to the Red Alert content but instead replaced it. Cryptic didn't get rid of queuing but have labeled it TFOs now with extra bonus if you select random.
  • kourgath22kourgath22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So does this mean we can not join the Tholian Red Alert from the PvE Queue screen anymore? I hate having to fly across sector space to find the glowy red ball.
    The Elachi red alert when they run it can be joined from the PvE Queue screen. I would expect it will work the same way for these that have also been moved to weekend events.
    RcMelvY.jpg
    The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved. - Yang Wen-li
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

Yeah sadly Cryptic decided to discard the Red Alerts normalcy to only having it on certain weekends when Cryptic released Age of Discovery. Cryptic could've just added the TFO & randomness options to the Red Alert content but instead replaced it. Cryptic didn't get rid of queuing but have labeled it TFOs now with extra bonus if you select random.
    Oh, yeah, I know all about the history of the changes (removal of RAs, rebranding of Queues to TFOs, etc.). But see below...
    kourgath22 wrote: »
    The Elachi red alert when they run it can be joined from the PvE Queue screen. I would expect it will work the same way for these that have also been moved to weekend events.
    I hope so. I seem to recall in those blogs they said you could do so. In this Tholian RA Blog they specifically call out having to fly to the red Tholian ship to join the RA. Didn't mention the PvE Queue screen, which is why I asked.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Is there a Cooldown on these or no?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Cool that it's happening on Upgrade Weekend. I'll have some ships to test so I am hoping that the 'no cooldown' rule remains in effect.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Hard to get excited about being allowed to do something I used to do almost daily. :/
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Keep getting booted and getting a leaver penalty.
    Error report says 'map doesn't exist', ticket submitted.
    Welcome to Star Trek Off-line!
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Hard to get excited about being allowed to do something I used to do almost daily. :/

This. It's a heavy-handed attempt to push players into a new feature that was exciting to nobody.

"Hey, want to try our new Rhubarb Coke?"
    "Ugh, no, I'm happy with regular Coke"
    "Oh... well... we're discontinuing that. So how 'bout that Rhubarb Coke?"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    LOL@ anyone who thinks this is new...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    There is one bright side to this ... At least now I can get Competitive Marks again.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So, ummm, where are the bonus marks at? I'm only getting 35 marks for running this, but should be getting 52. And no, I don't mean the daily bonus since I know these no longer qualify for that.

What I am getting at is according to the promo on the Landing Page it clearly says "Red Alert: Tholian 50% bonus to mark rewards!" So if the base payout is 35 marks, a 50% bonus would be 17.5 marks, rounded down of course, so 17 plus 35 is 52. Yet I'm only seeing 35 marks.

So either someone forgot to flip the switch for the 50% bonus, or the promo on the landing page is wrong. Some clarification would be nice, but I don't expect any.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.