test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tier V Reputation Rewards Missing

Hi,

I recently (This afternoon) hit Tier V Reputation with my Romulun character (Post Age of Discovery Launch) however did not get all my Reputation rewards specifically the "Elite Mark" Reward. I am missing 5 Ancient Power Cells, 5 Isomorphic Injections and 5 Iconian Datacores. All of the other Tier V Rewards for those Reputations trigged correctly as far as I can tell so far.

Have I encountered a bug or is this a deliberate change that I seem to have missed an announcement for?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @acidbuk#5004 , Currently for the Delta Alliance, 8472 Counter-command, and Iconian Resistance reputations that is by design. Thank you for your patience.
  • acidbuk#5004 acidbuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Ah, I probably missed an announcement or something about it then, I even checked the Wiki to make sure I wasn't going bonkers before posting. :)

Thanks for the prompt explanation chrian#9670. Tis' Appreciated.
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    With all due respect, it seems really stupid to have just a few of the reputations doing that "by design". It should be ALL of them, or NONE of them.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Hello @acidbuk#5004 , Currently for the Delta Alliance, 8472 Counter-command, and Iconian Resistance reputations that is by design. Thank you for your patience.

Happened to me a few days ago with the Romulan rep rewards for Tier V on my Jem'Hadar. I didn't get a thing (marks, elite marks, dilithium, credits, expertise or title) after doing the mission on New Romulus to wrap up that rep tier. Given that I've always received the Tier 5 rewards for this rep track on other characters, I'm not going to be content with a 'by design' answer in this case.

Did the rewards get moved to the end of Tier VI instead, or is there an actual bug preventing us from receiving the rewards in question once Tier V is completed??
  • sheriden1982sheriden1982 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    valethar wrote: »

Happened to me a few days ago with the Romulan rep rewards for Tier V on my Jem'Hadar. I didn't get a thing (marks, elite marks, dilithium, credits, expertise or title) after doing the mission on New Romulus to wrap up that rep tier. Given that I've always received the Tier 5 rewards for this rep track on other characters, I'm not going to be content with a 'by design' answer in this case.

Did the rewards get moved to the end of Tier VI instead, or is there an actual bug preventing us from receiving the rewards in question once Tier V is completed??

I'd like to know about this too! I have recently levelled up 3 toons and upon completing Secrets of the Ancients haven't been rewarded with my T5 New Romulus rewards.

I thought it was a bug on my Jemmy but same happened on older toons too.

Any update would be nice.
    Hello everyone, for the New Romulus Reputation. For players who reached and completed the tier 5 reputation project prior to the release of age of discovery but did not complete secrets of the ancients, they will be unable to claim tier 5 rewards. For players who Reach and complete the tier 5 reputation project unlock since the release of Age of discovery they will get reputation rewards as normal.
    Hello everyone, for the New Romulus Reputation. For players who reached and completed the tier 5 reputation project prior to the release of age of discovery but did not complete secrets of the ancients, they will be unable to claim tier 5 rewards. For players who Reach and complete the tier 5 reputation project unlock since the release of Age of discovery they will get reputation rewards as normal.

FALSE...

I have literally just done it and no rewards given. :/

Romulan Republic Tier 5

10/9/2018 11:28:14PM

The evening after Age of Discovery launch.

Secrets of the Ancients

10/10/2018 12:43:50AM

The morning after Age of Discovery launch.

No T5 rep rewards given.
    edited October 2018
    @sheriden1982 The reputation project "New Romulus - Claim Tier V Reputation" that requires 5 Romulan marks will upon completion give rewards. Secrets of the Ancients was moved to the Mission Journal as a regular mission with no substantial rewards.
  • voyagerqvoyagerq Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    So @chrian.. Just to be clear so I understand you correctly..
    If we didn't complete secrets of the ancients before Age of Discovery launched there will no longer be a way for us to be able to get the Tier 5 Romulan Rep Reward on those characters? You guys will not be working on a solution to resolve this?
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    voyagerq wrote: »
    So @chrian.. Just to be clear so I understand you correctly..
    If we didn't complete secrets of the ancients before Age of Discovery launched there will no longer be a way for us to be able to get the Tier 5 Romulan Rep Reward on those characters? You guys will not be working on a solution to resolve this?

I guess the devs bugged the Rom rep so hard with streamlining the episodes - there will never be a fix for that. :(
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    From what I see now a part of the problem relies in "trigger". It's now T5 completion, it used to be Secrets of the Ancients.
    This ofc is very simplificed and non accurate. (I didn't relate to some specific cases now for both not knowing and trying to simplifying discussion/question)

Can this help being fixed by separating to case, and if REALLY needed, based on date of completion or other such factors, unless helped individually?

Yes, I understand it is now fixed AT LEAST for characters which HADN'T hit T5 BEFORE discovery hit. (And that it should be now OK to those who will/did get T5 after discovery as well) But, well, I hope it can be fixed for all/not is/will be "unfixed" for others who fell between the chairs.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    I recalled. Please also don't forget what you have found - that some players did what "used to be" T5 reputation quest before actually being T5 (they can achieve T5 only after discovery hits) and that others had T5 before discovery and had secrets of the ancients accepted and not done. You said you solve/will solve the issue for those unless I misunderstood - Please be careful not undo this fix.

Note that you may have different / multiple events to trigger one reward (by conditions/things with like or and, not for example?)

P.S.
    Note that some quests still behave like they are linked to reputation level - PARTIALLY. For example, my below level 50 was exploring before completing ANY tier obviously (being aware it will have to re-do quests this way!) and those reputation quests are linked to reputation level in a way that they still listed with "!" despite showing I did those already for the 1st time - which is FINE if they are linked to reputation and you meant those to be done (also) after each rep. And since re-accepted those missions for a later time in which I'll have the right rep (I can't say why but I just did :P) two quests regarding hidden messages just dingling in front of the char as it walks on NR ground, even if reading those, and yes, still bellow 50 and tier 0.

But *IF* it's no longer inked to rep it is just not needed IMO, still it can be a way to a potential solution - THE FOLLOWING IS NON ACCURATE AND HAS WHOLES so don't just blindly use such conditions without checking and refining - it's just an example: regarding the T5 issue... by separating this case of "!" (needed) together with 1st time done, from second time or more done WITHOUT "!" (needed). OFC if you already gave for T5 completion, if you have a log for that and can use it it's the easier solution but I understand from the response that some info might have been lost that way and can't be used to check if you've got the reward or not...

(I have another issue with it so that those coming after instance mission itself so if you don't skip and not auto get you WILL do it multiple times even if not intending to, across the line)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm....Here is what I would be worried about: are you able to make progress on T6 of Romulan Rep and Claim T6, IF you did not trigger completion of T5???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    @where2r1 T6 reputation project will appear as normal.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    @chrian#9670
    Maybe it's just that english isn't my first language - but i understand all your answers just as "we are DEVS - we make no faults" so the arrogant way.
    Instead of taking Players issues serious you just state that it is by design that there are no elite marks anymore by reaching t5 in some reps.
    And your answer in simple words to Players that can not Claim their Rom T5 reward sounds like "why u upgraded to Rom t5 and not did the boring power plant the same day?"
    Well as much as i asked for DEV's beeing more active in the Forums - your answers - better Nothing

PSY
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Not sure if this is the right thread... but it's the closest one I've found

Recently I have finally gained enough rep and marks to get the full set for a couple of the Reputation Ground sets, but the Outfit unlock (after equipping the entire set) doesn't unlock.
    I've seen an error in the temporal set requiring TWO sets of the pistols (I talked to a GM about this one and they unlocked the visuals for me), but now on a separate character (same account though) the Dyson visuals have not unlocked.
    My friend had a similar issue a month ago with his Terran Visuals not unlocking (GM fixed it for him)
    I'm starting to wonder if the Tailor (or Rep outfit unlocks) have been broken with some of the new content.
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    @where2r1 T6 reputation project will appear as normal.

So please just to be clear, can you confirm if the T5 reputation rewards (32k dil, 750 marks and *some* elite marks) will trigger when we reach T6 now, no longer at T5?
    Hello @alfred399 , There seems to be some confusion. Tier 5 will still give the normal reputation rewards. Reputation - Claim Tier VI reputation project when completed will unlock the tier 2 versions of that reputations traits, the reptuation emote flourish, and an accolade. Along with some new projects as listed under the Tier VI information.
  • alfred399alfred399 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Hello @alfred399 , There seems to be some confusion. Tier 5 will still give the normal reputation rewards. Reputation - Claim Tier VI reputation project when completed will unlock the tier 2 versions of that reputations traits, the reptuation emote flourish, and an accolade. Along with some new projects as listed under the Tier VI information.

Thanks @chrian#9670 - in that case I have a bug where the T5 rewards were not given to a character that had completed the 5th reputation project, and the Power Source mission, and filed the report to D'Tan at the end
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User

So how do we get them on the characters affected?
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Just completed the reps on my new discovery toon to tier 5 and the delta rewards are stuck. I have the turn in rep reward mission in my log but I can’t hail or even find the Klingon think he’s called dkuv not sure of his name
  • hiep16hiep16 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I've done the T5 Power Source mission and get nothing. It's disappointing that i can't get the T5 rewards..i need for the T6 rep completion and i miss the 32 k dili. Pls fix it that i get the rewards latter or a possibility to reclaim it (i already reached T5 before AoD release).
  • al1endr0pal1endr0p Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Delta Alliance Tier5 Reward are not working, Hail is greyed out, Same goes for New Romulus Tier5 Reward, after completed Power Source mission you no longer are able to claim the Tier 5 Reward
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    al1endr0p wrote: »
    Delta Alliance Tier5 Reward are not working, Hail is greyed out, Same goes for New Romulus Tier5 Reward, after completed Power Source mission you no longer are able to claim the Tier 5 Reward

Romulan Tier 5 is no longer dependant on the Power Source mission. Delta works fine so if you didn't get your rewards for either you're bugged.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    al1endr0p wrote: »

Sometimes they can bug out and not pop up right away (especially with Gamma); change instance/map transfer/log out and back in, and it should pop up to turn in.

As far as Rom T5, @chrian#9670 I'd really like an update for characters that finished T5 but didn't do the mission before the change getting their rewards...it's been almost a month, and nothing said.
  • tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Same Here. Completed Power Source, Secrets of the Ancients, still unable to claim T5 rewards. When will this be fixed? If it is going to be a T6 reward, at least tell us.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    @chrian, I too have completed all T5 rep systems on my AOD character, but have not received either the Romulan or Delta Alliance rewards.

1. I had completed all of the Romulan mission arc missions including "Power Source" and "Secrets of the Ancients" (and made sure to file the recording after talking to D'Tan), but no rewards were triggered for this/

2. The Delta Alliance reward triggered, but the hail button for the Admiral is greyed out. Note that this Admiral no longer has any missions in the game since the AOD episode restructuring (perhaps related to this problem).

On a side note, I have changed maps many times, logged out and back in many times, and shut down the entire game and restarted it many times. None of these has had any effect.

@chrian, Is there any update on the progress of tracking down these bugs, or manually getting the rewards credited to the account?
    The 64K of dilithium alone from these two bugged rep systems is too much to just ignore.

On a side note, did QA actually test that all rewards would be correctly given after all of the Age Of Discovery changes were made for new AOD characters, because there seems to be a common thread appearing here.
    Hello @treking2 , Did you complete the Tier V project for The New Romulus Reputation before or After the Age of Discovery release? The rewards are given automatically after completing that project if completed after Age of Discovery. Secrets of the Ancients is completely removed from the reputation system and rewards and is now only a story mission. The Delta Reputation issue for Discovery Characters is known and filed on the correct team to fix.